Laptop crashing with blue screen of death

Bartyuk

I've no idea what that dump.txt file is, a memory dump always has the .dmp suffix.

In any case the System log reveals the source of your problem. I suspect that you may have a hardware isssue there (probably from new). Your log is filled with WHEA (Windows Hardware Error Architecture) warning messages for the same device, here's an example...

View attachment 30049

The device with PCI identifiers VEN_8086&DEV_02B0 is your PCI Express Root Port #9. You thus either have missing or bad chipset drivers or you have a hardware issue. The actual crash error record in your System log is also a WHEA error but there's no way to interpret the raw data in that particular error, but it's pretty much guaranteed to be that root hub.

My best advice to you (and what I'd do in your situation) is to first check that all drivers are up to date, especially the chipset drivers. Windows Update normally finds all drivers, they will be in the Optional Updates section of Windows Update. If that doesn't help then the best thing you can do is to fully clean install Windows again, deleting all UEFI partitions and allowing Windows Update to install all drivers that it can.

If it crashes after a clean install then you have a hardware problem. Based on what you've reported here my gut feel is that you likely do have a hardware issue on there....
God damn it! Its pretty much done it from new as well. I shouldve reported it at the time.

Bartyuk

I've no idea what that dump.txt file is, a memory dump always has the .dmp suffix.

In any case the System log reveals the source of your problem. I suspect that you may have a hardware isssue there (probably from new). Your log is filled with WHEA (Windows Hardware Error Architecture) warning messages for the same device, here's an example...

View attachment 30049

The device with PCI identifiers VEN_8086&DEV_02B0 is your PCI Express Root Port #9. You thus either have missing or bad chipset drivers or you have a hardware issue. The actual crash error record in your System log is also a WHEA error but there's no way to interpret the raw data in that particular error, but it's pretty much guaranteed to be that root hub.

My best advice to you (and what I'd do in your situation) is to first check that all drivers are up to date, especially the chipset drivers. Windows Update normally finds all drivers, they will be in the Optional Updates section of Windows Update. If that doesn't help then the best thing you can do is to fully clean install Windows again, deleting all UEFI partitions and allowing Windows Update to install all drivers that it can.

If it crashes after a clean install then you have a hardware problem. Based on what you've reported here my gut feel is that you likely do have a hardware issue on there....
Is there anywhere specific I can go to make sure I've got all the latest drivers installed? I've run all the latest Windows updates but not sure if I should be doing anything else?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Is there anywhere specific I can go to make sure I've got all the latest drivers installed? I've run all the latest Windows updates but not sure if I should be doing anything else?
Have you installed all the optional updates as well

Bartyuk

Have you installed all the optional updates as well
Yeah, all optional and all the windows updates done. Wasn't sure if there was any other ones I need to get from anywhere else. I've also done my graphics driver.

When I Google it there is others on there that show there are drivers to update, but they charge to download. Wasn't sure if there was anywhere else to check?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
No windows update should take care of anything other than graphics drivers, just to make sure that all is ok, open device manager and check nothing has yellow triangles with ! in them next to it, if there is take a screenshot and post it here