Help For Upgrading My PC

Durand1981

Bronze Level Poster
So currently i have this inside my tower at present, but as a gamer and Rocket League streamer. I am wanting to invest for better streaming performance, what i need is advice on where to upgrade to get the best out of the hardware. Just incase anyone is wondering, i stream to twitch using Streamlabs OBS. And while i can stream at 1920 x 1080 - 30FPS, i notice that even with the performance seemingly normal, with zero spikes in CPU, GFX or RAM from what i can tell, yet my PC is indeed choking somewhere along the lines at times.

So the question over all is what hardware should i upgrade ??
And to be fair, why should i upgrade these specifics....

Thankyou in advance

Capture1.PNG

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So currently i have this inside my tower at present, but as a gamer and Rocket League streamer. I am wanting to invest for better streaming performance, what i need is advice on where to upgrade to get the best out of the hardware. Just incase anyone is wondering, i stream to twitch using Streamlabs OBS. And while i can stream at 1920 x 1080 - 30FPS, i notice that even with the performance seemingly normal, with zero spikes in CPU, GFX or RAM from what i can tell, yet my PC is indeed choking somewhere along the lines at times.

So the question over all is what hardware should i upgrade ??
And to be fair, why should i upgrade these specifics....

Thankyou in advance

View attachment 30166
What monitor are you pairing it with, what resolution and refresh rate or make and model if you're unsure?

Are you doing the stream through gpu or cpu?

Durand1981

Bronze Level Poster
What monitor are you pairing it with, what resolution and refresh rate or make and model if you're unsure?

Are you doing the stream through gpu or cpu?
This is a link to my monitors very.co.uk (i bought them from here) i am currently running triple monitor setup my main 1 at 165 refresh display port to hdmi, while normaly if you were straight HDMI it would only be 144 refresh. My other two auto set to 60 Refresh and currently it appears to have automatically set it to NVENC new in streamlabs so GPU i am thinking.

OBS.PNG

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This is a link to my monitors very.co.uk (i bought them from here) i am currently running triple monitor setup my main 1 at 165 refresh display port to hdmi, while normaly if you were straight HDMI it would only be 144 refresh. My other two auto set to 60 Refresh and currently it appears to have automatically set it to NVENC new in streamlabs so GPU i am thinking.

View attachment 30167
And when you say the pc is choking, what do you mean? Are you seeing stuttering? Is it in game or on the stream? Does it happen outside of streaming?

Durand1981

Bronze Level Poster
Only when streaming and playing rocket league (and we are talking in game), and i have had the task manager open and their are zero spikes to indicate that it is choking. But it will lock up momentarily with a big freeze, where i can't tell whats happening in game. It's like for a split second someone hit pause on my game, and the game keeps going. And i am unable to see or do anything to intercept the ball, which may or maynot result in the other team scoring. Its almost identical to FPS drop, but again none of the usual tell tale signs.

At least not that i have been able to see or notice.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Only when streaming and playing rocket league (and we are talking in game), and i have had the task manager open and their are zero spikes to indicate that it is choking. But it will lock up momentarily with a big freeze, where i can't tell whats happening in game. It's like for a split second someone hit pause on my game, and the game keeps going. And i am unable to see or do anything to intercept the ball, which may or maynot result in the other team scoring. Its almost identical to FPS drop, but again none of the usual tell tale signs.

At least not that i have been able to see or notice.
You shouldn't have any issues with streaming via GPU just playing rocket league at 1080p.

Can you take a screenshot of your windows update page?

How are you updating your graphics drivers?

By the way, even display port to HDMI will only be 144Hz, the HDMI connection is the bottleneck, to achieve 165Hz you'd need to use DP to DP.

Durand1981

Bronze Level Poster
You shouldn't have any issues with streaming via GPU just playing rocket league at 1080p.

Can you take a screenshot of your windows update page?

How are you updating your graphics drivers?

By the way, even display port to HDMI will only be 144Hz, the HDMI connection is the bottleneck, to achieve 165Hz you'd need to use DP to DP.
Thats good to know, should i drop it to 144 refresh and also the frames in game aswell until i get a DP to DP lead ??

My game Drivers are updated via GeForce Experience, and of course i check daily for windows updates.

update.PNG

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thats good to know, should i drop it to 144 refresh and also the frames in game aswell until i get a DP to DP lead ??
Where is it set to 165Hz?

For a gaming PC you should always use display port. HDMI is more for consoles and years behind DP.

Can you take a picture of your advanced display settings window?

1635544425189.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

Durand1981

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah, I'd stick it at 144Hz and then configure GSync. That will immediately improve visuals for a start, then we can address the performance.

I cant connect via DP - DP yet as i don't posess one yet, so i am unable to complete the above task.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I cant connect via DP - DP yet as i don't posess one yet, so i am unable to complete the above task.
The monitor should have come with a DP cable?

If not, then that's something you can do another time. Make sure you get a DP 1.4 compatible cable

Did you order with windows or without, you didn't list your full specs?

Durand1981

Bronze Level Poster
The monitor should have come with a DP cable?

If not, then that's something you can do another time. Make sure you get a DP 1.4 compatible cable

Did you order with windows or without, you didn't list your full specs?
Dude you were right i do have cables lol i thought they were power cords for some reason OMG lol, im pluggin up now :D

Durand1981

Bronze Level Poster
Apparently AMD FreeSync Premium is already ON under gaming and the box has been ticked and accepted in Nvidea