Spec for desktop replacement

justafolk

Me again:

Pretty much set on valeon, with the last hurdle of:
Please note that the following products are not currently in stock and will delay your order. Please select an alternative product:

17.3" Valeon® when configured with NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3080 - 16.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1 (ETA: 01-11-2021)

Does that entail the thing will be able to be ordered, come midnight tonight? Is it an automatic trigger or do i need to wait throughout the day, as around this seems like quite a nice price/spec, and would need to know if there's gonna be a queue system opening, and at what time. Many thanks :)

Vergaro98

Super Star
Yes, you need both power bricks.

3080 is up to 10% improvement, only you can say weather that's worth it or not.

I would suggest Killer although they've been bought out by intel now anyway
Are you sure? If I don't remember wrong only the recoil 17" needs 2 power bricks. But I can be wrong 👍🏻

Last edited:

justafolk

For essentially the last month the ETA on stock was 1-11, so going in guns blazing today to order, and...

AMD Ryzen™ 9-5900HX when combined with 16GB GeForce RTX 3080 + 17.3" Matte QHD Screen. Stock is due: 24-11-2021

Has the newstock already been cleaned out?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
For essentially the last month the ETA on stock was 1-11, so going in guns blazing today to order, and...

AMD Ryzen™ 9-5900HX when combined with 16GB GeForce RTX 3080 + 17.3" Matte QHD Screen. Stock is due: 24-11-2021

In the current climate there is no such thing as expected delivery dates, things turn up when they turn up, it's impossible to give estimates.

We can't answer anything on this, you'd need to speak with PCS.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

The other year when i ordered my laptop the ETA was constantly changing due to the situation we find ourselves in, I was keeping in touch with PCS to find out what situation was, and ended up taking a slightly better spec (Ti, rather than non Ti on graphics card) for about an extra £40, you just have to be patient