Brand new laptop shutdowns during gaming.

Feraldudu

I would also suggest not using DCH drivers and just use the normal. DCH drivers have to be paired with geforce experience from the Windows store but it's notoriously buggy.
i have no idea where to get Standard drivers for RTX 3080 Laptop GPU. every website connected to nvidia is downloading DCH drivers, maybe thats the reason of BSOD.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
i have no idea where to get Standard drivers for RTX 3080 Laptop GPU. every website connected to nvidia is downloading DCH drivers, maybe thats the reason of BSOD.
On the driver download page, go to the archive link at the bottom, there you can specify standard or DCH drivers:

1635202340749.png

Feraldudu

Make sure you clean out the old ones with DDU or they'll likely conflict.
i did clean with DDU and after restart within 5 seconds the system installing the outdated version (462.75) of DCH drivers within a blink of an eye, when i was trying to install standard drivers which i downloaded from the website (472.15 was the latest version of standard drivers ) i received a communicate that drivers are not compatible with the graphic card... it seems like i cannot install standard drivers... im doomed with DCH :(, or maybe im just a moron who doesnt know how to do this...

Feraldudu

Watch this to find out how to stop that happening

Unfortunately on my laptop it doesnt work. i downloaded the latest DDU, i also downloaded the lates STANDARD (472.12) graphic card drivers (DCH is 496.13) and i still have an information which is "This Driver is not compatible with your version of system windows. This driver could not find a compatible graphic hardware" . So it looks like i am doome with DCH drivers anyway.. but thanks for trying to help :) i still do learn new things here ^^. Anyway i still cant sort out why my computer shutdown (and does not auto restart)... I have heared many versions.. starting from overheating, through hardware/software, DLL libraries which are unable to handle the tasks and shutting down the system in kernel mode, i really have no idea... im starting to think if it is a fabric problem (maybe some component like resistors or sth on motherboard are damaged, i do not know). RMA said all the tests were passed, meanwhile at home after 9-10-15hours of constant unstoppable gaming the laptop shutting down itself. My mind is just blown up ^^ :( :( .

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
TBH Windows Update usually makes the best choice of driver, even for graphics cards, and especially on OEM laptops. The generic driver supplied by Nvidia may not, in some cases, be the 'best' driver for an OEM laptop.

If it were mine I'd uninstall with DDU and then let Windows Update install the graphics driver and see how things are with that.

Feraldudu

Well. After the memory tests, system reinstalls, reseating memory cards/ssd, many trials and beeing in touch with the technical support the laptop still shutsdown... laptop is literally 62 days old and i do have a problem with this issue from 14.09.2021 that is 49 days since the problem started... i have really no idea what to do right now... Return period has passed, replacement in terms of warranty? i have no idea if its even possible... thats a bit frustrating to pay for laptop over 4k pounds which has this kind of problem :( ... Standard drivers are incompatible ( i mean Nvidia graphic ones - only DCH i can install ). The only good thing is the geforce experience is working properly after system reinstall, but thats it... Any other Ideas?

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Well. After the memory tests, system reinstalls, reseating memory cards/ssd, many trials and beeing in touch with the technical support the laptop still shutsdown... laptop is literally 62 days old and i do have a problem with this issue from 14.09.2021 that is 49 days since the problem started... i have really no idea what to do right now... Return period has passed, replacement in terms of warranty? i have no idea if its even possible... thats a bit frustrating to pay for laptop over 4k pounds which has this kind of problem :( ... Standard drivers are incompatible ( i mean Nvidia graphic ones - only DCH i can install ). The only good thing is the geforce experience is working properly after system reinstall, but thats it... Any other Ideas?
RMA it. TBH I'm surprised you haven't done that already.....

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
i did it once, they said it was fine during the tests, then it has been returned to me and after 9 hrs the same issue happened again.
You need to provide as much information to PCS as possible, in particular you need to tell them how to make it fail. They don't have time to sit and watch a PC/laptop for three or four hours hoping it will fail. If they run it on test for a day and nothing happens then of course they'll send it back. You have to help PCS to help you by telling them how to make it fail on their bench.

Feraldudu

You need to provide as much information to PCS as possible, in particular you need to tell them how to make it fail. They don't have time to sit and watch a PC/laptop for three or four hours hoping it will fail. If they run it on test for a day and nothing happens then of course they'll send it back. You have to help PCS to help you by telling them how to make it fail on their bench.
in that case to make fail which i am facing someone would need to play for around 7-10 hours without stop and in that case it would need to be a World Of Warcraft or Diablo 2 Ressurected game ^^. because it is mostly happening after 7-10 hrs of constant playing without any stop between. On the normal usage like browsing the internet/watching movies there is no chance to make a fail because laptop is not working on 100% of power in that case. I will be in touch with technical support anyway.

barlew

Godlike
So for clarity your laptop turns itself off but only after a solid constant 10+ hour gaming session?

Feraldudu

So for clarity your laptop turns itself off but only after a solid constant 10+ hour gaming session?
7-10 hrs. ye. I never had a problem like that with any laptop even after playing for 15 hrs or more without stop (my longest session ever was 33 hrs of constant palying world of warcraft with previous pc - nothing happened with the laptop ever). besides those shutdowns may lead to more serious malfunctions aswell, thats what worrying me.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
in that case to make fail which i am facing someone would need to play for around 7-10 hours without stop and in that case it would need to be a World Of Warcraft or Diablo 2 Ressurected game ^^. because it is mostly happening after 7-10 hrs of constant playing without any stop between. On the normal usage like browsing the internet/watching movies there is no chance to make a fail because laptop is not working on 100% of power in that case. I will be in touch with technical support anyway.
You don't seriously exoect PCS to game on it for 7 to 10 hours in the hope that it fails?!

barlew

Godlike
7-10 hrs. ye. I never had a problem like that with any laptop even after playing for 15 hrs or more without stop (my longest session ever was 33 hrs of constant palying world of warcraft with previous pc - nothing happened with the laptop ever). besides those shutdowns may lead to more serious malfunctions aswell, thats what worrying me.

I mean that is what I would class as an extreme use case scenario to be honest. At this point I would be questioning environmental factors such as temperature of the room you are in, level of dust etc....

I've read through the whole post. I can't see any where that you have done a proper clean install of windows. Have you tried that yet?

Feraldudu

I mean that is what I would class as an extreme use case scenario to be honest. At this point I would be questioning environmental factors such as temperature of the room you are in, level of dust etc....

I've read through the whole post. I can't see any where that you have done a proper clean install of windows. Have you tried that yet?
The Clear install of windows was done literally yesterday. During installation i had a blue screen ( first time ). After restart the installation started once again and all was fine. (11:48 - its the time of Blescreen during installation ). Then in the evening approx 19:19 i had a Shutdown as usual ( after i have recovered all the data from private server, reinstalled and updated all the drivers i usually use). The recovery was finished approx 14:00, so after recovery of data was finished, i started my World of Warcraft session, and as i mentioned before, at 19:19 i had shutdown. Enviromental factors u mentioned. The temperature of the room is all the time between 18-22 degreeses,. I made laptop clean of dust even if literally there was almost not even drop of dust inside/outside of the laptop but still i got that cleaned anyway.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The Clear install of windows was done literally yesterday. During installation i had a blue screen ( first time ). After restart the installation started once again and all was fine. (11:48 - its the time of Blescreen during installation ). Then in the evening approx 19:19 i had a Shutdown as usual ( after i have recovered all the data from private server, reinstalled and updated all the drivers i usually use). The recovery was finished approx 14:00, so after recovery of data was finished, i started my World of Warcraft session, and as i mentioned before, at 19:19 i had shutdown. Enviromental factors u mentioned. The temperature of the room is all the time between 18-22 degreeses,. I made laptop clean of dust even if literally there was almost not even drop of dust inside/outside of the laptop but still i got that cleaned anyway.
What process did you take to install windows?

And where did you source drivers?