Monitor screen repairs

JzB

Bronze Level Poster
I know this isn't Pcs related but I'd thought I'd ask for input, feel free to delete/move if needed. I have a G7 32 that has cracked straight down the middle of the screen. The screen was fine before I went to work then cracked when I got home. Nobody else was in the house, no pets etc. The monitor was upright not fallen over and the crack isn't on the top layer of glass but rather underneath on the screen itself. I'm just after suggestions for a cause/where to send it to be repaired (if economically viable). I'm aware it probably wont be warrantied and getting hold of panel to replace it myself I'd imagine would take a month or two to arrive provided they are even available.

Attachments

• PXL_20211111_170519613.jpg
    PXL_20211111_170519613.jpg
    374.7 KB · Views: 78
  • PXL_20211115_155216175.jpg
    PXL_20211115_155216175.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 66
  • PXL_20211115_155113334.jpg
    PXL_20211115_155113334.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 77

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I know this isn't Pcs related but I'd thought I'd ask for input, feel free to delete/move if needed. I have a G7 32 that has cracked straight down the middle of the screen. The screen was fine before I went to work then cracked when I got home. Nobody else was in the house, no pets etc. The monitor was upright not fallen over and the crack isn't on the top layer of glass but rather underneath on the screen itself. I'm just after suggestions for a cause/where to send it to be repaired (if economically viable). I'm aware it probably wont be warrantied and getting hold of panel to replace it myself I'd imagine would take a month or two to arrive provided they are even available.
Samsung warranty is the only place you'd take it. Even if it's not covered by warranty get a quote.

JzB

Bronze Level Poster
Yeah thought as much. I'm just confused as to how it happened and I don't know the cause of it. I'd be happier if I'd knocked it over etc then it'd be obvious. Anyway cheers Spyder, I'll get running through the warranty process.

JzB

Bronze Level Poster
Just updating this Samsung denied the warranty and told me to buy another monitor. The panel is more expensive than buying a new one. There is one listed on eBay with the exact same line down the middle of the screen. Messaged the seller and same as me, just turned it on one day and it was broken. His warranty was denied also. I'm going to keep an eye for anymore as this could maybe be a QC problem. Has definitely put me off Samsung aswell unfortunately, as the monitor was fantastic.