General questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Thank
You then.

Wasn’t the help I was looking for. Just delete this whole thread please.
The trouble is that people give you advice or ask you to check things and you never reply, you just come back with another unrelated problem, you have gone from temperatures of GPU's to PSU branding to cabling causing issues to USB disconnects to graphics artefacts.

I agree with @SpyderTracks if i was that unhappy or had that many problems with a PC (actual or perceived) i would talk to PCS in the first instance and return it if possible for a refund, then chalk it down to an unlucky/bad experience and move on and try to get a PC that i wanted to use without looking for every miniscule problem every time i turned it on.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The trouble is that people give you advice or ask you to check things and you never reply, you just come back with another unrelated problem, you have gone from temperatures of GPU's to PSU branding to cabling causing issues to USB disconnects to graphics artefacts.

I agree with @SpyderTracks if i was that unhappy or had that many problems with a PC (actual or perceived) i would talk to PCS in the first instance and return it if possible for a refund, then chalk it down to an unlucky/bad experience and move on and try to get a PC that i wanted to use without looking for every miniscule problem every time i turned it on.
This ^^^^^

Gary S

Hey all,

I know I am seen here as ocd and looking for issues.

But just to own my first pc I have had to go through 3 RMA’s just to have a go at it after finally making the transition from console gaming..

First my pc arrived damaged with glass everywhere..the packaging arrived open at my doorstep.

Second RMA they replaced the case but I found glass shards dropping from the gpu, which damaged and chipped the gpu fans, the cpu cooler pump also had died. I had green lines going across the screen. Pc would take a couple reboots just to let me enter the password.

Third RMA I am here and my pc isn’t more than a month old. I loaded up warzone earlier this evening and I noticed a yellow artefact..which appeared for a second only.

Now I cannot upload videos here so I will share the link to where I’ve had it uploaded if the mods do not mind at all. -

Please note that this was the only moment I was able to capture from tonight. Last night I had red flickers coming and going as well.

Would this be compared to this symptom?

Can the mods please also not mix this with the general discussions thread because this is something completely different.. I am very sorry for always pestering but it’s because I’ve never had a fair start to begin with and now I’m always waking up to something potentially new to worry about!
The yellow halo in your game coincides with the games direction legend changing to a distance legend readout at the top of the screen. This does not appear to be artefacting. It takes a lot of pushing to get GPU's to run into issues, and normally it will be sustained artefacting during an overclock.
I have read through the thread, and it looks like you had a bumpy start with PC gaming/ownership...but it seems now that you are OK and setup.
PC's are not as delicate as you may think (coming from consoles). The components are generally the best of their era - especially if a good specced machine for gaming etc.

bigmaraippo

Bronze Level Poster
The yellow halo in your game coincides with the games direction legend changing to a distance legend readout at the top of the screen. This does not appear to be artefacting. It takes a lot of pushing to get GPU's to run into issues, and normally it will be sustained artefacting during an overclock.
I have read through the thread, and it looks like you had a bumpy start with PC gaming/ownership...but it seems now that you are OK and setup.
PC's are not as delicate as you may think (coming from consoles). The components are generally the best of their era - especially if a good specced machine for gaming etc.

Sorry are you referring to the moment the yellow flash appears at the 2nd second of the video?

I don’t understand the explanation regards to the legend readout you’re referring to. Because I haven’t seen anything of this sort from trying out warzone.

After this I will honestly be ok because I’m learning on the go. If you could please go into more detail as to what you explained I would appreciate it.

Thank you !

Attachments

• EC04C765-D5ED-49C7-A68D-C0A37E71E6F1.jpeg
    EC04C765-D5ED-49C7-A68D-C0A37E71E6F1.jpeg
    732.8 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Sorry are you referring to the moment the yellow flash appears at the 2nd second of the video?

I don’t understand the explanation regards to the legend readout you’re referring to. Because I haven’t seen anything of this sort from trying out warzone.

After this I will honestly be ok because I’m learning on the go. If you could please go into more detail as to what you explained I would appreciate it.

Thank you !
To me it looks like an error in Warzone itself, more than likely a weird glitch in the game. Not sure why you would be concerned about it not like these things don't happen in pretty much every game on every platform

Would only consider it an issue if it was constant/didn't go away

Gary S

Thank you !
Yes this yellow halo. Now if you look at the top of the screen where it tells you your orientation, North, South, East etc.....it changes from "S" or something and goes into distance in yards or meters or something. This happens at the exact same time as the flash of yellow on screen.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
It's not an artefact, that's for sure. That's a deliberately drawn render, can tell by the shape and the smoothness of it. Artefacts are very glitchy and obvious. You sometimes get reversing of motion, but never a smoothly drawn semi-transparent spheroid.

bigmaraippo

Bronze Level Poster
Yes this yellow halo. Now if you look at the top of the screen where it tells you your orientation, North, South, East etc.....it changes from "S" or something and goes into distance in yards or meters or something. This happens at the exact same time as the flash of yellow on screen.
Are you assuming that this has something to do with the game rather than the gpu? Because this has never happened before whilst playing this game.

bigmaraippo

Bronze Level Poster
Just to mention, I have done several superposition unigine tests and so far I have not seen anything unusual. All the tests have been good so far. I have been playing for a couple of hours so far nothing.

Fingers crossed it’s nothing more than an in game issue and not a hardware one. I’m on my last legs with rmas here. Sorry for all of the problems people.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've never played a single game ever where I haven't seen a graphical glitch of some sort. That to me is clearly a graphical glitch within Warzone

Gary S

Are you assuming that this has something to do with the game rather than the gpu? Because this has never happened before whilst playing this game.
It definitely looks like its on the game side, and possibly by design. The machine is fine dude.
It takes a lot to go wrong to run into hardware issues (generally speaking).
Happy gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.