4000X Finally on the configurator!

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Everyone, my dreams have been answered, the 4000X is finally on the configurator! At £78 it's not the cheapest case, but considering what it sells for individually, it's not a half bad price! Very happy chappy 😂

Screenshot 2021-11-22 at 12.58.18.png

CMP01

Enthusiast
My second best choice after the 4000D Airflow I ended up with, which is airflowy to a degree I was only half expecting tbh. Can't be that much worse off for the 4000X even so. After those, the 5000D/X, though they were slightly more case than I needed. Then... I dunno, one or two of those Lian Li cases look nice.

And to think, there was a time when I thought Zalman cases were the dog's... lol.

Anyway, my great wish for PCS going into next year (when I'll likely be buying again) is... apart from the GPU crisis resolved (haha)... to have the option of the white versions of the above Corsairs. And maybe some white AiO's and RAM too. That'd be great and save me plenty of trouble.

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
My second best choice after the 4000D Airflow I ended up with, which is airflowy to a degree I was only half expecting tbh. Can't be that much worse off for the 4000X even so. After those, the 5000D/X, though they were slightly more case than I needed. Then... I dunno, one or two of those Lian Li cases look nice.
I get what you mean here- I've never been a massive fan of the huge cases as I like cases to look filled out, hence my excitement for the 4000X. I remember seeing a build in the 7000X (the full tower version) and it just looked empty. Silly thing unless you're custom looping

Anyway, my great wish for PCS going into next year (when I'll likely be buying again) is... apart from the GPU crisis resolved (haha)... to have the option of the white versions of the above Corsairs. And maybe some white AiO's and RAM too. That'd be great and save me plenty of trouble.
White builds are becoming really popular these days and it'd be great to see some more white options. I remember there was a white 4 or 5000D which lasted about 3 days earlier this year 😂

This is so dang pretty 😍

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
And to think, there was a time when I thought Zalman cases were the dog's... lol.
Man, my second self build in around 2006 was with a Zalman Fatal1ty case, it was one of the few that was all aluminium, weighed a tonne.

As you can see, airflow must have been pretty dreadful:

fc-ze1.jpg

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Man, my second self build in around 2006 was with a Zalman Fatal1ty case, it was one of the few that was all aluminium, weighed a tonne.

As you can see, airflow must have been pretty dreadful:

View attachment 30668
Good grief! I assume the red on the fans is meant to represent your components all being on fire? And it’s called fatality… the sweet irony.

Saying that, I might have my nostalgia goggles on but seem to recall that the concept of high airflow wasn’t a ‘thing’ until about 2010. Before then we just sealed everything up in a black tower. I think it was the Corsair Carbide Air 540 in 2013 that really caught my eye, that was a handsome beast…

34AC8956-8EAF-477F-A23B-620FCF47B309.jpeg

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I uhmed and ahed over the Carbide 540 for farrrrrr too long. I absolutely loved it. Cracking bit of kit but more industrial looking than pretty :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Good grief! I assume the red on the fans is meant to represent your components all being on fire? And it’s called fatality… the sweet irony.

Saying that, I might have my nostalgia goggles on but seem to recall that the concept of high airflow wasn’t a ‘thing’ until about 2010. Before then we just sealed everything up in a black tower. I think it was the Corsair Carbide Air 540 in 2013 that really caught my eye, that was a handsome beast…

View attachment 30669
I loved that case.

At the time I had the Thermaltake Level 10 Snow Edition before I upgraded to my current case:

wp-content.jpg

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Also, please forgive my ignorance and lack of knowledge, but what is that LCD console inside the case? A monitoring station of some sort?
here you go

Ascetic Focus

Bronze Level Poster
here you go

Thanks bud - was an informative read! Pretty neat if one can get all the variables to work well

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
The protection film on that gives me the fear!

Edit: or is that just dust? :LOL: