Spyder’s Vinyl Showcase (With Added Toe)

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Disaster. The picture disc copy of Purple Rain my dad sent to me? There’s a scratch that affects the first minute of When Doves Cry. And that’s a really good minute! It contains the line ‘animals strike curious poses’ and that’s one of my favourite ever lyrics.

I’m going to have to dig out my jar of spare change and see if I can utilise the old fashioned method of scratch repair 😐
Hope you get it sorted mate

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
And if that’s the case I’ll turn this one into a clock.
Great idea, it's surprising what you can turn into clocks, my daughters got me this last christmas

1637686833789.jpeg

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I was faffing around on a guitar earlier and thought I’d come up with an amazing hook for a song… after playing it over to myself a few times I eventually realised I was playing the intro to Marblehead Johnson 😐

But then I remembered how ace The Bluetones were and dragged up Expecting To Fly on my iTunes so I could play along to Slight Return. And then I came to the conclusion that as I’d not bought anything in the Black Friday sales I deserved a treat. So I’ve ordered this…

BB5BACFD-6573-47C0-9EC3-12AA17DC48B1.jpeg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I was faffing around on a guitar earlier and thought I’d come up with an amazing hook for a song… after playing it over to myself a few times I eventually realised I was playing the intro to Marblehead Johnson 😐

But then I remembered how ace The Bluetones were and dragged up Expecting To Fly on my iTunes so I could play along to Slight Return. And then I came to the conclusion that as I’d not bought anything in the Black Friday sales I deserved a treat. So I’ve ordered this…

View attachment 30762
I'm feeling very much in the same boat, haven't made any Black Friday purchases, unfortunately for some reason I'm not getting any split payment offers from Amazon so my plan for the G9 hasn't panned out.

So much as you have done, I looked at some records, and treated myself to a signed copy of Awol Nations 10th Anniversary boxset of Megalithic Symphony. It's a lovely boxset, the album is on 2 x clear records, and then there's a further gold record of live content.

It's the track "Sail" that I especially want, and this is the first repress they've done of this album since original pressing. The original sells for over what the new boxset costs!

AWOL-MS1OMOCKUP_2a1b389f-f2c5-413d-a299-8aa6b945e46b_1024x1024.jpg

I’m hovering over a purchase of the twelve inch of Elephant Stone by The Stone Roses as it’s one of my all time favourite singles (and Reni’s drumming is absolutely off the chain!) but I’m absolutely knackered and have banned myself from making any more purchases whilst I’m tired or have had a drink. They’re never sensible purchases. I’m going to approach it fresh tomorrow 👍
Got loads of Roses vinyl up in my loft, 7" and 12", all first issues, I'm a massive Roses fan. Also lots of original Blur, Ocean Colour Scene and Suede.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Air Supply - All Out Of Love

Just arrived from a lovely UK Discogs seller, original 1980 UK 7", brand spanking new, never been played.

Just bonkers what you can find sometimes, and he only charged me £3.50 INCLUDING POSTAGE!!! Record itself was 99p!

20211213_202825.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just arrived today, release day was last Friday but Postie is rather backed up as I'm sure we all understand!

Alan Fitzpatrick - Machine Therapy 2021 UK Original

There's quite a lot of acid influences in this record, it's quite nostalgic. I rather like it.

20211221_191645.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So my work very kindly gave a little Christmas bonus this year, and recently, my favorite DJs (Above & Beyond) did an incredible set for a relatively new French Record Label / Promoters called Cercle on the top of a 500ft tall rock in South America somewhere, the set was absolutely superb and there were some incredible remixes that Cercle have published which I really wanted to get my hands on.

As part of the promotion, Cercle released 2 limited edition remix boxsets

So have picked them both up! Very excited, no idea how long it will take to arrive with the holidays but really excited to see what the quality of the pressings is like, can never have too many labels around! And I love the French passion for supporting artists and good music.

For those of you interested, just take a look at the first couple of minutes, this is the set and it zooms out from the DJ booth out to show the rock they're playing on, absolutely mind boggling, would have given my left arm to have been there!:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I was naughty, have dipped into my petrol account to get this, can't really afford it right now, but I know they're gonna sell out before I can, so I've just leapt on it. The bundle offers have already sold out and it's only been listed a few weeks.

It's an 8 month pre order, release isn't until the end of July!

It's a 10th Anniversary boxset of one of Above & Beyonds albums on six 12" records with 1 track per side, Group Therapy, it's all the best remixes which haven't been released on vinyl, only digital, plus comes with a slipmat, limited prints and digital download.

I'm such an A&B nerd and I loved this album, so this was an essential release for me.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok, so petrol allowance fully blown now, but I don't know how I missed this when it was released and it's too good to miss out on.

Happy Mondays - The Early EP's boxset all on coloured vinyl

download (1).jpg

I'm amazed there are still copies of this available. It's on Amazon but delivery wasn't until next weekend, and there were a lot of people saying their copies were badly warped, so I played it safe and ordered from Juno who tend to store vinyl really well.

Tracklisting:

Forty Five EP:

A: Delightful (Remastered)
B1: This Feeling (Remastered)
B2: Oasis (Remastered)

Freaky Dancin/The Egg EP:

A: Freaky Dancin' (Live) (Remastered)
B1: The Egg (Mix) (Remastered)
B2: Freaky Dancin'(Remastered)

Tart Tart EP:

A: Tart Tart (Remastered)
B1: Little Matchstick Owen (Remastered)

24 Hour Party People EP:

A: 24 Hour Party People (Remastered)
B1: Yahoo (Remastered)
B2: Wah Wah (Think Tank) (Remastered)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
If any of you are Daft Punk fans, they're reissuing Tron Legacy in the states, it's a Target exclusive of 10,000 copies, that may sound a lot, but look at every copy released so far, they go for rediculous prices and the last reissue sold out within 48 Hours.

Jump on this if you're interested.

EDIT: They don't ship internationally unfortunately. I have a few friends out there, I'm going to see if I can get them to order and ship out. If any of you want a copy, let me know asap and I'll do my best to get one ordered.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I would definitely want this!
Some news on this, I've spoken to my mates who live in LA, it actually doesn't work out any cheaper to have them ship directly than ordering from discogs. There are quite a few sellers on discogs currently, so rather than hassle my mates, I'll just order from discogs.

It's gonna be around £75 to get it imported.