Samsung G9 on order finally!!!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So after last year's Black Friday deal when it was £899, at the time I was about to order some speakers so couldn't commit. Plus I'd delayed upgrading my current PC to 2022 due to all the stock issues.

This year, the deal is almost as good at £940.

I actually got a bit light headed when I clicked buy!

file~2.jpeg

Will post updates and photos once it arrives

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
So after last year's Black Friday deal when it was £899, at the time I was about to order some speakers so couldn't commit. Plus I'd delayed upgrading my current PC to 2022 due to all the stock issues.

View attachment 31181

Woohoo, that's great, look forward to seeing the photos (y)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just additionally, the monitor arm that is mainly recommended for this monitor is the Ergotron HX which is just over £200!!!

But the original monitor bracket wasn't strong enough if you want to include pivot (which I probably wouldn't to be fair) so a heavy duty additional bracket is £60.

I just can't justify that at the moment with this outlay so I'm just going to have to have it on the regular stand.

Also, currently my speakers are on my desk, but the monitor takes up most of the width of the desk, and with the included stand, the vertical raise isn't sufficient to clear the speakers even if I put them on their side. What I may do is get a shelf cut to size of around 20mm height, that would then raise the stand high enough to clear the speakers if they were placed on their sides.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
And by the way, anyone on the fence about a monitor purchase, the reason I jumped on this (thanks to @AgentCooper for notifying me of the current deal (y) ) aside from not wanting to miss the deal was this article about possible monitor shortages in 2022:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Good choice my friend! Looking forward to seeing the pictures! What game are you going to try on it first?
This is the irony! The only games that my current PC could probably handle at this resolution are the old Half Life series or perhaps Masterchief collection, the latter may be the one to try as it's a remaster so may have ultrawide support. Half Life certainly won't have ultrawide support!

But I'll have to wait until I upgrade the PC to properly game on it.

SiAdams

This is the irony! The only games that my current PC could probably handle at this resolution are the old Half Life series or perhaps Masterchief collection, the latter may be the one to try as it's a remaster so may have ultrawide support. Half Life certainly won't have ultrawide support!

But I'll have to wait until I upgrade the PC to properly game on it.
Fair enough mate! When the deal is that good though I don’t blame you! I got mine for £800 from a friend who didn’t like it. Although it was only a few months old, it is second hand. With that in mind, £940 for brand new is decent.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The fan-made Black Mesa does support ultrawide resolutions and has modest GPU requirements.
OMG, that's amazing, that will see me through to start with! Thanks for the pointer!
You’re welcome, amigo. I’ve been rooting for the two of you to get together for ages.
She's a keeper, haven't met the in-laws though yet.

Isn't tonight your taster meal out?

D

Deleted member 41971

View attachment 31181

i see @SpyderTracks is in love

looks like your going to have a fantastic monitor, let us know what you think of it when you get a chance to test it out.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
How long you've been looking to buy that bad boy?
A LONG time. @steaky360 got one last year around September which was a few months after it's initial release, I think that's when I first was introduced to it, and have wanted one ever since. It's been on my wishlist since last Black Friday last year, but I've made some big purchases this year with my Valve Amplifier and Speakers, plus had quite a major car bill in September.

KriSta

Silver Level Poster
I`ve been doubtful of these mega superwide screens as they are a bit unwieldy and fairly take up a huge space on the desk . As sceens grows larger than 35-38" it makes it hard to have anything beside it , such as speakers or headset stands . I do realize the immersion and the added experience using one , coming from 24" to 35 " , but given the size it seems to me to be almost tooo big :)

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I`ve been doubtful of these mega superwide screens as they are a bit unwieldy and fairly take up a huge space on the desk . As sceens grows larger than 35-38" it makes it hard to have anything beside it , such as speakers or headset stands . I do realize the immersion and the added experience using one , coming from 24" to 35 " , but given the size it seems to me to be almost tooo big :)
2A3EECE1-1A79-44FA-A72A-62662254821E.jpeg

Run away quickly, the G9 fan club will come after you!