Wifi/Download speed on a new system

JasonT

Before heading down that route, there’s still a few things to consider. I remember someone else having a nightmare with this particular card so have been looking for the thread. I have just located it and will link it below.

Have a read and see if any of the suggested solves work for you. If not, then I’d probably bite the bullet and get an AX200, it’s a quick and easy install.

I will thank you

JasonT

Open the machine and make sure that the wifi card is fitted properly too - remove - give it a bit of a blow for dust etc and then replace.

Things move in transit :D
The card seems really secure, cleaned it a little but it doesn’t seem to be the problem.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Firstly, what are you using to test speeds? Is it readying Mb/s or MB/s because they're 2 very different things.

Bhuna50

Author Level
OK - have a look at your device manager and do you have any yellow triangles / exclamation marks.

When you ran the optional updates - did you also reboot the machine and then run windows update again to see if any new updates appeared.

Believe it or not when you first get the PC, it takes a few reboots and a few updates to get everything down - even if it looks clear a reboot later and sometimes a new update then appears.

finally - did you try any of the options in the thread linked for you earlier? what was the result?

JasonT

I just had to delete your previous post as it contains your Windows license key.

Please can you post in the manner shown in the link below? (Just remember to scrub the key before you post it 🙂👍)

Any files seemed not to make a difference, sadly, and my internet was set to public however changing it to private didn’t change anything.

JasonT

OK - have a look at your device manager and do you have any yellow triangles / exclamation marks.

When you ran the optional updates - did you also reboot the machine and then run windows update again to see if any new updates appeared.

Believe it or not when you first get the PC, it takes a few reboots and a few updates to get everything down - even if it looks clear a reboot later and sometimes a new update then appears.

finally - did you try any of the options in the thread linked for you earlier? what was the result?
Unfortunately nothing is showing to be the problem, checked all network adapters and they were ‘working properly’. The computer has rebooted multiples times but i may keep trying. As for the other thread, the suggestions that hadn’t been tried didn’t make a difference

JasonT

Unfortunately nothing is showing to be the problem, checked all network adapters and they were ‘working properly’. The computer has rebooted multiples times but i may keep trying. As for the other thread, the suggestions that hadn’t been tried didn’t make a difference
Also did a search for a different driver but apparently the best driver has already been installed?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That was the first thing i did
Ok, we're not gonna be able to get anywhere without screenshots, no screenshot will be too big for the forum if you use Greenshot:

Or, if you're taking photos or something, then here's a thread on reducing the file size.

Then we'll need a screenshot of your windows update page, and your device manager without anything expanded.

JasonT

1640214144293.png

sorry this is taking so long - heres the device manager