January 2022 releases

CMP01

Enthusiast
Every time I think again or see threads like this I realise my forgetfulness. There's always one or three I forget to figure in.
Thanks to robin h 25 my list just got bigger.

So, Warhammer 3 and Hitman 3 are givens, as good as got... and if solid with few issues, Horizon: Forbidden West, Dying Light 2 and Space Marine 2 are definites. Sniper Elite 5, new Dead Space and The Outer Worlds 2 are high probables.
All of which I've had and enjoyed the previous titles of btw so fair enough.

And here's me quibbling over another choice in the last days of the big Steam sale rn... (Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous or x, y and z*)
When I already have a bunch of similar games unplayed. I love such titles but must have some kind of mental block, I dunno.

Suppose I shouldn't mention my library structure; 20 games installed, a dozen in the next up list and a dozen more in the maybe one day when all else is cleared list...
And another couple hundred hidden.
I guess it's a good thing I have no other hobbies nor collect actual expensive things but still, whyyy do they have to keep showing me more pretty toys and interesting adventures?

*x, y and z are Spellforce 3 complete, Wasteland 3 complete and Wasteland 2 Director's Cut, which come to a little less iirc.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Suppose I shouldn't mention my library structure; 20 games installed, a dozen in the next up list and a dozen more in the maybe one day when all else is cleared list...
And another couple hundred hidden.
I guess it's a good thing I have no other hobbies nor collect actual expensive things but still, whyyy do they have to keep showing me more pretty toys and interesting adventures?

*x, y and z are Spellforce 3 complete, Wasteland 3 complete and Wasteland 2 Director's Cut, which come to a little less iirc.
I approach my gaming in much the same way, although the scale is a little larger, more than 2400 games in my library, 100 or so installed, etc...

pc-gamers-too-many-games.gif

CMP01

Enthusiast
I approach my gaming in much the same way, although the scale is a little larger, more than 2400 games in my library, 100 or so installed, etc...

pc-gamers-too-many-games.gif

Thus rightly are you known as The Lord of Steam.

I find it hard to imagine 100 installed, even if by habit it's a broad range and mix... some current/recent AAA's, some from 5 or so years back, some indies, quite a few genres etc.

But I am about to add another 1Tb of NVME and 1Tb of SATA SSD to my storage so it's a challenge I could attempt...

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Thus rightly are you known as The Lord of Steam.

I find it hard to imagine 100 installed, even if by habit it's a broad range and mix... some current/recent AAA's, some from 5 or so years back, some indies, quite a few genres etc.

But I am about to add another 1Tb of NVME and 1Tb of SATA SSD to my storage so it's a challenge I could attempt...
I’ve just finished my storage upgrade and have (mostly) kept it to one game launcher/storefront per 2TB SSD.

Whilst I have far less in my library than our “Lord of Steam”, I now have one SSD each for:
  • Steam
  • Epic
  • Ubisoft
  • Microsoft GamePass Ultimate
For the stores where I don’t have many games (GoG, Rockstar, EA/Origin, et al), I’ve simply split them across the others…space permitting…and have it nicely balanced at around 40% utilisation on each.

Now got to start downloading some I’ve previously uninstalled, to free up space in the past. Might even give MSFS another go.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I’ve just finished my storage upgrade and have (mostly) kept it to one game launcher/storefront per 2TB SSD.

Whilst I have far less in my library than our “Lord of Steam”, I now have one SSD each for:
  • Steam
  • Epic
  • Ubisoft
  • Microsoft GamePass Ultimate
For the stores where I don’t have many games (GoG, Rockstar, EA/Origin, et al), I’ve simply split them across the others…space permitting…and have it nicely balanced at around 40% utilisation on each.

Now got to start downloading some I’ve previously uninstalled, to free up space in the past. Might even give MSFS another go.
I have a 2TB M.2 drive purely for games which has allowed me to do this:
Capture.JPG

The left-most column is games that will be installed for the long-term & potentially I may never delete. I am mostly playing through the games in the top 4 rows of the remaining columns. In the right-hand column, you can see the most recent Life is Strange, NieR & Ori games. I'm particularly focussing on Life Is Strange 2, NieR Replicant & the first Ori game so I can move the sequels into the main columns and will start to look at other sequels I can install, such as Resident Evil 7 before heading into Village some point later in the year.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
View attachment 31665

The left-most column is games that will be installed for the long-term & potentially I may never delete. I am mostly playing through the games in the top 4 rows of the remaining columns. In the right-hand column, you can see the most recent Life is Strange, NieR & Ori games. I'm particularly focussing on Life Is Strange 2, NieR Replicant & the first Ori game so I can move the sequels into the main columns and will start to look at other sequels I can install, such as Resident Evil 7 before heading into Village some point later in the year.
Oh, I feel all warm inside, that's such a wonderful desktop!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Yowzer! That’s an intimidating list of games!

Be sure not to overlook Kentucky Route Zero (now that it’s finally finished) and The Sexy Brutale. I also know people who are a bit mental for Disco Elysium but am yet to try it myself.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Oh, I feel all warm inside, that's such a wonderful desktop!
I've said previously that I have games for every mood. Pick a mood, and there's bound to be a game that fits the mood somewhere on that desktop!
Yowzer! That’s an intimidating list of games!

Be sure not to overlook Kentucky Route Zero (now that it’s finally finished) and The Sexy Brutale. I also know people who are a bit mental for Disco Elysium but am yet to try it myself.
I've got a rough idea of what order I'll tackle games in, but KRZ & The Sexy Brutale are both among the "shorter" games I'm looking at playing perhaps in the spring - I played a sizable chunk of Kentucky Route Zero before it fully released, so will probably just restart the game and do the lot in one go over a week or two

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Streets of Rage 4 is excellent and Carrion is really fun. Both shorter games you can knock out

Dead Cells will steal your soul, be prepared for hundreds and hundreds of hours. Still haven't unlocked the last boss cell is a very difficult game

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Streets of Rage 4 is excellent and Carrion is really fun. Both shorter games you can knock out

Dead Cells will steal your soul, be prepared for hundreds and hundreds of hours. Still haven't unlocked the last boss cell is a very difficult game
Streets of Rage 4 is excellent & I dip in and out of it. I've got cerebral palsy and my fingers cramp up if I play anything fast paced for too long. I typically do the next stage of SoR4 and go to something slower before going back to it another time. Carrion is fun but the story isn't doing it for me, so I've pushed it back a couple of times - I'm loving the gameplay though!

I've put a dozen or so hours into Dead Cells so my character is getting stronger, but I'm still nowhere near that last boss. I'll get there some day!

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Streets of Rage 4 is excellent & I dip in and out of it. I've got cerebral palsy and my fingers cramp up if I play anything fast paced for too long. I typically do the next stage of SoR4 and go to something slower before going back to it another time. Carrion is fun but the story isn't doing it for me, so I've pushed it back a couple of times - I'm loving the gameplay though!

I've put a dozen or so hours into Dead Cells so my character is getting stronger, but I'm still nowhere near that last boss. I'll get there some day!
Oh beating the last boss is only the beginning mate, there's boss cells you unlock by defeating him and applying a boss cell at the start of a run will make the game much much harder. It also adds new enemies, weapons, areas, etc. There is a total of 5 boss cells and I've never beaten BC5

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
View attachment 31665

My desktop is something similar (but only about 80 shortcut icons at the moment), except I've grouped them into 'genres' and 'franchises'...so all the RPG or Driving or Platformer or FPS games are in one area and within that area all (for example) Assassin's Creed or Far Cry games will be grouped together.

Even thought of creating a custom wallpaper with containers/titles for each, but soon realised I'd have to change it every week to fit new ones.

GamingDesktopWallpapery.jpg

Last edited:

CMP01

Enthusiast
Some nice desktops/libraries/organisation methods in here.

Must admit I'm pretty OCD about such myself. With this build (which reminds me I've changed things a little so must edit) I originally went with a drive for each of Steam and Epic. Then XBGP came along, with the later addition of EA Play... and I had only 2 drives set aside for games alone. What if I partition? Aha... but what if I go over that...? Argh.
Several changes later, I just have two folders (for now, until next time haha) on desktop... Games 1 and Games 2 (as opposed to the faffing around) and just chuck them in either based on file location. Though tbh it's still a case of bigger file/longer load (that'd be AAA games right?... Ah-ah, you'd think so...) on the faster drive.

@TonyCarter Grouped by genre/franchise, eh? Looks good the way you have it there but omg I had a time trying it. What do you do with the hybrids? It got as bad as arguing metal bands into specific genres (there's so manyyy)
Only this was arguing with myself.

Still, I can't not try to be organised tbh but whatever I try there's always an outlier comes along... but like I say, good to know it's not just me bothering with it. Also, only 21 icons on my desktop rn, the least ever and I am so proud lol.

Anyway... cabling kit plus cable combs, drive swapping and PC's done. Mine and gf's. But guess what I'm sat here doing rn? Yep, installing games in the right places. I hope. For now.

CMP01

Enthusiast
View attachment 31665

Ok, you win.

I can manage 2.5 Tb for everything rn; Steam, Epic, whatever goes on XBGP/EA Play. The other 1Tb SSD is for... stuff. I have a 500Gb 870 EVO spare but I think I'll pop that in an old system to make it useful for somebody.

I actually gave my gf the better share of the SSD's cos I'm nice and she might need 'em more for her photography and artwork, but I do have 1Tb more of NVME for my 'grown up' games lol.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The ‘hybrids’ are quite simple, they just go between the 2 two closest genres…assuming of course that it’s not an RPG driving puzzle world-building adult sim game.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I actually gave my gf the better share of the SSD's cos I'm nice and she might need 'em more for her photography and artwork, but I do have 1Tb more of NVME for my 'grown up' games lol.
Errr, does it count if I have a completely different machine and storage allowance for non-gaming 😬