January 2022 releases

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Ok, you win.

I can manage 2.5 Tb for everything rn; Steam, Epic, whatever goes on XBGP/EA Play. The other 1Tb SSD is for... stuff. I have a 500Gb 870 EVO spare but I think I'll pop that in an old system to make it useful for somebody.

I actually gave my gf the better share of the SSD's cos I'm nice and she might need 'em more for her photography and artwork, but I do have 1Tb more of NVME for my 'grown up' games lol.
Yourself and @TonyCarter have made me feel slightly more normal. 2Tb just for games seems slightly bonkers on some level to me, but you both have more than me!

I'm hoping to clear a game or two this weekend to shuffle things round a bit.

CMP01

Enthusiast
Yourself and @TonyCarter have made me feel slightly more normal. 2Tb just for games seems slightly bonkers on some level to me, but you both have more than me!

I'm hoping to clear a game or two this weekend to shuffle things round a bit.

Thing is, I said 2Tb but so far only half of each is filled (even taking into account keeping 10% clear) Plus you wouldn't know I have games installed aside from two folders... and yeah, most of the other icons are for gaming related apps.

On the other hand, your screenshot was blinding. All I could think was 'slow down, you have time to read them all'... and then 'hmm, I forgot all about getting Grow Home...' (it's on a wishlist somewhere I'm sure)

Tbh I should stop collecting games (not buying, as that maybe implies I'd play them... at least in a timely manner/before they become abandonware) but it's better than hoarding I guess, which tbf can run in the family to a crazy extent. Main problem is open worlders are getting longer and I do get dreamy eyes every time I see a new Total War game or fancy RPG... (both of each Divinity: Original Sin, Pillars of Eternity and Pathfinder games downloading rn, that's probably a years worth alone)
Oh, and then I will spend a ridiculous amount of time on Dorfromantik or building random ships in Ultimate Admiral: Dreadnoughts...

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Only just seen this thread and is a good looking month for gaming. Although I need to do clear some of the backlog before investing in any new titles.

I’m personally looking forward to April as we’ll be getting S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 and Jon Hare’s spiritual sequel to Sensible Soccer, the much anticipated (by me) Sociable Soccer.
Looks like S.T.A.L.K.E.R 2 is nowhere near complete and will be a December 2022 release now.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Only a day to go for GOD OF WAR!!!

🥳

With the announcement of Hitman 3 releasing on Steam next week, I have a decision to make.

Do I buy God of War tomorrow, or Hitman 3 next week?

I seem to remember reading that IOI had done some crazy storage thing where Hitman 3 is actually a smaller install than Hitman 2. That theoretically means I could uninstall Hitman 2 and buy both and have the space to install both!

That last one is probably what I'll end up doing!

D

Deleted member 41971

With the announcement of Hitman 3 releasing on Steam next week, I have a decision to make.

I seem to remember reading that IOI had done some crazy storage thing where Hitman 3 is actually a smaller install than Hitman 2. That theoretically means I could uninstall Hitman 2 and buy both and have the space to install both!

interesting article on hitman size of install, this link may be of use

decisions decisions for the lord of steam

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
interesting article on hitman size of install, this link may be of use

Yeah, I vaguely remember somebody (Spydertracks maybe?) posting an article about the file size I guess it was this time last year when it launched on Epic and being blown away by the idea that the game could be compressed by that much. Hitman 2 takes up nearly 150Gb, so to have God of War AND Hitman 3 come in at around that is making it likely that I have confirmed my 2 first standalone purchases of 2022!

D

Deleted member 41971

Yeah, I vaguely remember somebody (Spydertracks maybe?) posting an article about the file size I guess it was this time last year when it launched on Epic and being blown away by the idea that the game could be compressed by that much. Hitman 2 takes up nearly 150Gb, so to have God of War AND Hitman 3 come in at around that is making it likely that I have confirmed my 2 first standalone purchases of 2022!

see you in, erm, june maybe? :LOL:

D

Deleted member 41971

Yeah, I vaguely remember somebody (Spydertracks maybe?) posting an article about the file size I guess it was this time last year when it launched

cough, for I, am a petty discosparta :ROFLMAO::LOL:

1642096636399.png

CMP01

Enthusiast
Sorry to ask as it's probably in the link etc but I'm having an omg rough day today and honestly can't read for long...
Is it confirmed at all that Hitman 3 is going to have that access to previous parts maps/missions deal. I do have 1&2 which did so with installing only 2 but I mean to leave it a few months before buying 3 (summer sale probably) and then, decks cleared a bit, have an assassination fest week thing.

After those two I'm gonna try to not buy anything else this year until well after summer...

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Sorry to ask as it's probably in the link etc but I'm having an omg rough day today and honestly can't read for long...
Is it confirmed at all that Hitman 3 is going to have that access to previous parts maps/missions deal. I do have 1&2 which did so with installing only 2 but I mean to leave it a few months before buying 3 (summer sale probably) and then, decks cleared a bit, have an assassination fest week thing.

After those two I'm gonna try to not buy anything else this year until well after summer...
Yep, Hitman 3 is basically the entire trilogy in one!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR

I got Hitman3 in the epic sale the other week for £9.99

CMP01

Enthusiast
Tomorrow, I shall be playing a Playstation exclusive...on my PC...using an Xbox controller!

What a time to be alive!

My pre-load is now complete, so all I can do now is wait.

Great innit?

XB exclusives is one thing (and a real mixed bag tbh) but to be getting PS ones lately, and at such quality too... I'll admit God of War has never been a big deal on my radar, even when I did have PS consoles (though the newer storyline looks more interesting) but Days Gone and HZD have been downright awesome.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Great innit?

XB exclusives is one thing (and a real mixed bag tbh) but to be getting PS ones lately, and at such quality too... I'll admit God of War has never been a big deal on my radar, even when I did have PS consoles (though the newer storyline looks more interesting) but Days Gone and HZD have been downright awesome.
Xbox exclusives are going to get better, especially the Bethesda-shaped ones!

Having not really played on a Playstation since the PS2 days, I've been curious about God of War, the Spiderman games, HZD, Uncharted and the Last of Us. Seeing some of them become available on PC has been good.