January 2022 releases

CMP01

Enthusiast
Xbox exclusives are going to get better, especially the Bethesda-shaped ones!

Having not really played on a Playstation since the PS2 days, I've been curious about God of War, the Spiderman games, HZD, Uncharted and the Last of Us. Seeing some of them become available on PC has been good.

I actually had both XB1 and PS4 at the same time for a few months from late 2014. I ended up preferring the PS4 by far, for UI, perks and both exclusives and the better for crossplats. Sorry MS.

While I missed out on others, I did get to play TLOU and it was a contender for GOAT imo. I didn't get time for the Uncharted's (only played the PSVita one and that was amazing for a handheld) as well as Spidey, Ghost of Tsushima and The Last Guardian (otherwise a must for me, having loved Ico and SotC on PS2)
I didn't find much to impress trying some of the XB exclusives I missed with XBGP. Only ReCore really struck me as a new game tbh.

But the PS exclusives coming to PC is a big deal. Finished Days Gone (with 121 hours of value) in the summer and currently 39 hours in HZD and both are fantastic. Looking forward to sequels for both and more besides.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I actually had both XB1 and PS4 at the same time for a few months from late 2014. I ended up preferring the PS4 by far, for UI, perks and both exclusives and the better for crossplats. Sorry MS.

While I missed out on others, I did get to play TLOU and it was a contender for GOAT imo. I didn't get time for the Uncharted's (only played the PSVita one and that was amazing for a handheld) as well as Spidey, Ghost of Tsushima and The Last Guardian (otherwise a must for me, having loved Ico and SotC on PS2)
I didn't find much to impress trying some of the XB exclusives I missed with XBGP. Only ReCore really struck me as a new game tbh.

But the PS exclusives coming to PC is a big deal. Finished Days Gone (with 121 hours of value) in the summer and currently 39 hours in HZD and both are fantastic. Looking forward to sequels for both and more besides.
GOW, Spider-Man and Ghost of Tsushima are the only one's I really feel like I missed out on

Then again good point in Last Guardian. SOTC is one of my favourite games ever and I loved ICO, didn't hear much fan fare about Last Guardian though to be fair

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

PS was always richer storyline and better campaigns

Xbox was more for online shooters.

CMP01

Enthusiast
PS was always richer storyline and better campaigns

Xbox was more for online shooters.

That explains it, sort of.

Not a fan of online shooters and such unless some manner of actual team play, coop, communication and support is at the core of things. It's too free for all and chaotic otherwise. Left 4 Dead was possibly the finest example of such, and I enamoured of that one for a long time (until my third XB360 died...) I did do my time in various CoD's up to original Modern Warfare aso though before the novelty of a new game every year killing player numbers wore off. Rocket League was my last mp love but ppl being ppl got tiresome.

Now I mostly only want to play things like Carcasonne with other ppl, getting old or something idk.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Next stop Valhalla, or knowing my luck, Hel!

barlew

Godlike
I have a 2TB M.2 drive purely for games which has allowed me to do this:
View attachment 31665

The left-most column is games that will be installed for the long-term & potentially I may never delete. I am mostly playing through the games in the top 4 rows of the remaining columns. In the right-hand column, you can see the most recent Life is Strange, NieR & Ori games. I'm particularly focussing on Life Is Strange 2, NieR Replicant & the first Ori game so I can move the sequels into the main columns and will start to look at other sequels I can install, such as Resident Evil 7 before heading into Village some point later in the year.
This makes me feel sick you absolute lunatic. The desktop should be decluttered what are you doing!!!!

D

Deleted member 41971

a game that looks to be released in 2022 Q1 is a game called builders of Egypt, looks an interesting game and worth an eye on

free prologue is here

barlew

Godlike
My Zen loves it.

Plenty of CPU there to handle years of icons 😉
Noooo. I cant do it. My desktop has the Recycle bin then shortcuts to Steam, Epic, Origin and Uplay. That is it.
Desktops are sacred ground they should not be cluttered!

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Noooo. I cant do it. My desktop has the Recycle bin then shortcuts to Steam, Epic, Origin and Uplay. That is it.
Desktops are sacred ground they should not be cluttered!
My Mac and work laptop are very simpe layouts…just an icon for the main computer SSD and one for the bin.

But whilst there are a lot of icons on the desktop of my gaming PC, they are in a logical (to me) order and so easy to find…probably easier for me than opening the launcher and getting to the library page (for those that don’t default there) and scrolling through the list to the one I want,

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The thing is most of the time the desktop is normally hidden behind what ever you've got open so does it really matter one way or the other.....................

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Anyone started God of War yet?

I've noticed some strange things - which may be expected on a port.

For exampe:
  • some of the key mappings to the Xbox controller are a bit confusing - i.e. what is R3 and L3?
  • if I set graphics settings to 'Original' settings (i.e. one above lowest setting) and unlimited FPS it was using upto 99%/340w on the 3080Ti
  • if I change this to 'High' and the GPU usage went down to 75% and 190w
  • if I use 'Quality' DLSS setting I get upto 90%/300w
  • some of the menu items are overlapping (in the upgrade and skills menus)

Last edited by a moderator:

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Anyone started God of War yet?

I've noticed some strange things - which may be expected on a port.

For exampe:
  • some of the key mappings to the Xbox controller are a bit confusing - i.e. WTF is R3 and L3?
  • if I set graphics settings to 'Original' settings (i.e. one above lowest setting) and unlimited FPS it was using upto 99%/340w on the 3080Ti
  • if I change this to 'High' and the GPU usage went down to 75% and 190w
  • if I use 'Quality' DLSS setting I get upto 90%/300w
  • some of the menu items are overlapping (in the upgrade and skills menus)
I have.

- L3 & R3 are the thumbsticks. I think they've basically used the same labels as they do for the Playstation controllers
- Original settings would be the PS4 ones, not sure why they are so demanding. I went straight for Ultra to be honest as I was looking at Vram usage to make my decision
- Hadn't noticed about the menu items to be honest

D

Deleted member 41971

not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but, I am actually looking forward to this lego star wars game release for PC, been a fan of the lego game franchise and this looks to be released in 2022.

D

Deleted member 41971

wwe 2k 22 is set to be released in 2022, the prices though are something else

standard - 49.99
deluxe - 84.99
special NWO edition - 104.99 :ROFLMAO: