A New Case from Corsair - It's Eyewateringly Expensive

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Earlier today, Corsair announced a cousin to the 5000D- the 5000T. It comes with a slightly different design, 3 LL120 RGB fans and some RGB inlets around the edge but at £350 it's stomach churningly expensive. It'd be interesting to see if PCS adds it so we can see what insane markup Corsair has it listed for!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Earlier today, Corsair announced a cousin to the 5000D- the 5000T. It comes with a slightly different design, 3 LL120 RGB fans and some RGB inlets around the edge but at £350 it's stomach churningly expensive. It'd be interesting to see if PCS adds it so we can see what insane markup Corsair has it listed for!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkIe8CZei4Q

No no no, that's far too expensive, shall have to watch to find out why it's so expensive.

It is a big case, but it's a little obvious and "gamey". Not a fan personally.

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
No no no, that's far too expensive, shall have to watch to find out why it's so expensive.

It is a big case, but it's a little obvious and "gamey". Not a fan personally.
This was exactly my response when I saw the price for the first time and depressingly the high price tag seems to just be "It's got more Corsair RGB". When it's almost the price of three Corsair 5000X's it just doesn't make sense- I'm sure it'll sell but I really hope this isn't the start of a new era for cases :cry:

Gotta be said, I think that RGB thing down the edges of the front just looks weird in my opinion - don't like it :)
Agreed, I don't think it's even a very pretty case

Oh, they also released these, £100 for 9!

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I was just about to post Nope..... before I saw the responses above and it was already covered.

Agree with the consensus. If you like the aesthetic then it's worth a few quid more than the X etc with the hinged way it works. Other than that, not a chance. It would need to do something special to command that price. Corsair are at it right now, the same as other retailers with their pricing. This isn't even remotely justified.

The 500D SE is still their best case IMO. I would have one in a heartbeat if I could tuck it in with me at night without getting shocked. No pictures do it justice. You need to see it. The 5000X is close, the 5000T isn't pretty at all.

CMP01

Enthusiast
But sooo nice 😍🥲😢

If only this had been a thing last Spring, I'd have had serious thoughts. I mean, it's basically my 4000D but deeper and taller... and with extra pretties, in and out. Still, despite Corsair making the best cases atm (aside from Lian Li) £300+ puts it way outside an upgraded case anytime soon. I've only just last month finished all the non-OC/software tweaks to my fourth child (after the cat and dogs... but only just re the mucky dogs lol) so I'm not ready to mess about elbows deep in cases again anytime soon. Maybe next major/full upgrade, when such cases are more the norm and cheaper for Corsair and others... my next spare £300 is for turfing the lawn so I might actually spend time outside later this year (Steam Deck will help with that 🤫😉)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I honestly think it's an eye sore, yuck not for me
I can definitely see it having appeal, but perhaps amongst a younger audience that have spare expenditure on the scale of some smaller countries GDP?

It has sensors built into a commander pro as part of the chassis, as far as I can tell, that's really where the extra money is going, but it's still way too much.

Bit of a niche case I think.

JUNI0R

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It'd be interesting to see if PCS adds it so we can see what insane markup Corsair has it listed for!
Remember this comment? It seems we have a new case on the configurator 🙃 Fairly sure I won't be speccing this thing up too often!
1654631112267.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Compared to the £900 case on there it's a bargain :ROFLMAO:
What what what???? On PCS or corsair???

Edit: just seen the InWin H Frame 2 on PCS. Over £900, that's just mental!

Further Edit: Could only find the NVidia or Intel limited edition versions listed in UK, for over £1300!!!

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
What what what???? On PCS or corsair???

Edit: just seen the InWin H Frame 2 on PCS. Over £900, that's just mental!

Further Edit: Could only find the NVidia or Intel limited edition versions listed in UK, for over £1300!!!
I don't get what's so special about that case. What does the extra cash get you in return???

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I don't get what's so special about that case. What does the extra cash get you in return???
Those InWin Frames are always rediculously expensive, I have no idea why aside from a slightly open frame chassis with some closed sides. I have no idea really.

But remember, this is the company that brought us this:

Quite frankly if they overcharge to bring us bonkers voice activated cases like that I'm all for it, even though I'll never own one :)