RTX 3080

Hi guys, not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but call it community service. If you've ordered a 10GB 3080 and you're in the queue ill show you my position each time it changes. I know how both excruciating and exciting the wait can be so here it is. (Bare in mind, i swapped from a 3070ti to a 3080 so expected the wait to be a bit longer).

Screenshot Capture - 2022-02-01 - 08-54-15.png

Now I'm on day three of preproduction but my queue position started at 142 for the card.
Screenshot Capture - 2022-02-01 - 08-55-03.png

As of today, I'm in a position of 105 so it's not going down at a bad pace at all!
Screenshot Capture - 2022-02-01 - 08-57-21.png

I hope you all get your cards in good timing, have faith in PCS. they'll be with us shortly! Ill update you when my position changes.

Tamlarr

I ordered a 3080 system on the 18th Jan and it has just gone into building today. Just a heads up for anyone wondering about current timeframes.

Kalon

Well that’s weird. I ordered 25th Jan and was in queue number 123 …. On the 31st it didn’t move and I was still on number 123. You got down to 105! Mine hasn’t moved 😩😩. I’m on 7 days of pre-production.

If it helps i ordered my 3080 system on 20th of January, and on 15 working days (10th Febuary) it was in building stage, i had asked at 14 working days and was told i was 53rd in the queue

RichardL

OK thanks - looks like there's a good chance it will start building next week then.
Is yours a 10Gb 3080 or 12 Gb 3080Ti model?

10 gig models are still showing as 'pre order' so might not be next week.

And of course depends on what type of card sillymunchie ordered too.

Is yours a 10Gb 3080 or 12 Gb 3080Ti model?

10 gig models are still showing as 'pre order' so might not be next week.

And of course depends on what type of card sillymunchie ordered too.
i ordered the 12 gb version but its not a ti, just a 12GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 - HDMI, DP, LHR.
this version was pre order too, mine wasnt to say he would definately get it soon, it was more for a generalized idea of how fast queues could change, so unless your keeping close track every day or 2 it doesnt really give much info to know the first time you ask xD

NoverianSnowCone

Bronze Level Poster
Does it matter at all which 3080 card has been ordered? E.g do the TUF 3080 cards have a longer/shorter pre-production times or are all 3080 cards about the same?

steaky360

Does it matter at all which 3080 card has been ordered? E.g do the TUF 3080 cards have a longer/shorter pre-production times or are all 3080 cards about the same?
I'd suggest that if you order a 'specific' card( (like the TUF) its likely to be longer just because you're asking for a specific card... Whereas the 'generic' 3080 can be one of many cards (depending on stock/availability etc.).

Obviously this is just anecdotal. But that is how I think it works.

NoverianSnowCone

Bronze Level Poster
I'd suggest that if you order a 'specific' card( (like the TUF) its likely to be longer just because you're asking for a specific card... Whereas the 'generic' 3080 can be one of many cards (depending on stock/availability etc.).

Obviously this is just anecdotal. But that is how I think it works.
Thanks, hopefully not the 100+ working days of old haha I'm set on the TUF card personally

trojanfoe

Mine hit a problem in testing so has taken a few extra days to hit Await Dispatch. I asked what the problem was and they just told me it was crashing. I think this is better service than most PC builders who wouldn't bother soak-testing the rig before dispatching it. Just hoping I can upgrade to Saturday delivery :sneaky: