Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

steaky360

Amazing film. Still totally holds up.
It absolutely does even moreso in a way, when you realise that much of the 'weird' (read: unpleasant) stuff was actually cut and sadly lost to time... I don't want to admit what I'd be willing to do to see a full on directors cut of Event Horizon.

Its a phenominal movie.

I do love a good spookie ... even though I'm a big flounce when it comes to scary games (dunno they just hit me different).

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I do love a good spookie ... even though I'm a big flounce when it comes to scary games (dunno they just hit me different).
You and me both, Broseph Gordon-Levitt.

It’s being in control of the action that makes the difference for me, just can’t do scary games. I adore Half Life 2 and it warrants a replay every couple of years but I still have to get the adult nappies out when it come to the ‘We Don’t Go To Ravenholm’ level.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Horror is by far my favourite genre of cinema/tv I have the same thing with games though. I love horror themed elements and moments but straight up horror games I struggle with

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Horror is by far my favourite genre of cinema/tv I have the same thing with games though. I love horror themed elements and moments but straight up horror games I struggle with
It took me about three months to play through F.E.A.R many moons ago. I’d need to take a few days break in between sections of the game to calm down.

Little girls are the worst kind of ghosts.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It took me about three months to play through F.E.A.R many moons ago. I’d need to take a few days break in between sections of the game to calm down.

Little girls are the worst kind of ghosts.
The Butcher in Diablo got me when I was very little

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
The Butcher in Diablo got me when I was very little
As I’ve never played the games I’ve just had to look him up… handsome chap, isn’t he? 😶

0E64A436-10E3-448C-9B60-7061E0D385A4.jpeg

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Watching Bosch: Legacy on Amazon, just as good as the original 7 series
We did the first episode last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Was horrified to see that there are only four episodes in the new season though. That’s not enough!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
We did the first episode last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Was horrified to see that there are only four episodes in the new season though. That’s not enough!
There's actually more than 4, they've only released the first 4 at the moment, rest on the way over the coming weeks, then season 2 is already being sorted

Screenshot_20220509-110735_Chrome.jpg

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
The Pentaverate is from So I married an Axe Murderer. A hilarious movie if you've never seen it. The Scottish Dad is absolutely hilarious.
I was compelled to watch this movie again after we brought it up the other night and I’d completely forgotten about the scenes with the always excellent and legendary Alan Arkin:

Aza

Rising Star
Im assuming loads of people have watched Paycheck before, given the genre, bu ti've only just found it on netflix....

I saw the stuff about Avatar, thought it was the -other- avatar at first when it was called way of water... I havent seen a specific release date yet though, if anyone knows?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Im assuming loads of people have watched Paycheck before, given the genre, bu ti've only just found it on netflix
Not heard of it, mind you I cancelled my Netflix along with Disney+ as want a lot on either of them that really appealed and seeking that Amazon is free

Aza

Rising Star
Ben Affleck and Uma Thurman, Ben plays an engineer who reverse enginners tech for a fee, and then has his mind wiped. He takes a contract that would be the pay off of a lifetime, but when he comes to after the mindwipe things arent as he expected....

Its alright so far, its a 2003 movie based off a book from 1953 according to google search... its kinda "what do we think tech would be like in 2025", futuristic but not spaceships and antigrav type futuristic.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Paycheck is actually pretty good. The only thing I really struggled with is Affleck's painful bewilderment face throughout the movie.

robin h 25

After watching Uncharted last night, which was a decent movie, I still feel that Tom Holland doesn't suit the role of Nathan Drake, I felt like I was instead, watching what would have been.. National Treasure 3 movie, than Uncharted,

It was cool to see Nolan North make a guest appearance in the movie, Nolan North is the voice actor and voice of Nathan Drake in all of the Uncharted games.

Bhuna50

Author Level
I had an Ozarks day yesterday finishing season 4 😀

Thoroughly enjoyed it and the odd twist etc. very good set of series that was. Shame there’s no more and that was final season.