17.3" IONICO 3070ti 16GB

Really great laptop. The 1440p screen is super sharp and bright and the HDR is impressive. Colours really pop and the viewing angle is pretty decent. Games look and feel smooth with the frame rate unlocked and the 240Hz refresh being put to use. There is minimal screen bleeding in the bottom right hand of the display, but it's not noticeable at all when the screen is anything other than pitch black.
Performance in games and benchmarks is better than I was expecting. It does get pretty hot under load and the fans seem to kick in quite a lot, but other than that, everything is spot on. Service was great too...3 days from order to delivery.
20220515_020820.jpg
20220515_020820.jpg

Last edited:
Here are results from a UserBenchmark test. Not sure why it says the CPU is throttling at 88%. I already have it set to 100% in the processor power management settings. I've run the benchmark a few times and the results tend to be similar, sometimes getting UFO status on the Desktop score. When I overclock the 3070ti to 1935 MHz with the memory clocked at 7500 MHz I tend to be getting a graphics score of 135-138%

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    451 KB · Views: 12
  • Untitled1.png
    Untitled1.png
    564.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Untitled3.png
    Untitled3.png
    531.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Aza

Rising Star
What are your temps?
If you havent got it already, try HWMonitor.

You'd need to post your full specs, and then someone who knows about them can help out (rather than my guesswork)
Googling seems to show its a TongFang chassis, so no idea if it ahas something like Control Centre etc.... but perhaps there are performance setting in something equivilent to that? (think control centre was Clevo)

Last edited:
Full specs are on the screen shots mate. I spoke on the phone with an advisor about the heat and fans, but he assured me it was normal. I've run HWMonitor, and it all seems to be fine....A few cores constantly reach 100 degrees and briefly throttle, but I guess that's to be expected with such a thin laptop. The fans sound like a jet engine at times when downloading games, even if I turn off the anti-virus which is a bit odd. Also on the benchmark tests, my Samsung 970 Evo always fails to complete the test for some reason.

Last edited:

Aza

Rising Star
If the temps reaching 100c on some cores, then that would explain the throttling (at least in my head)
Im not familiar with the model at all, but perhaps a bad paste job? Its guesswork though.

You want to get hold of some of the proper regulars/mods they'll be able to give you much better advice. Real late in the day for any of them to turn up though im afraid.

Are you using a laptop stand to help with heat dissipation? It is a lot of power to be packed into something quite so slim and the config even says about it running pretty warm.

Aza

Rising Star
Pop into your PCS account and go to your orders page, and retrieve the specs from there... the mods will ask for it anyway and its as much forum rules as it is seeing what components are (long story, but its just easy proof its PCS and forum rules demand they check before helping)

Try getting some screenshots of HWMonitor when its under load, see what is going on inside, hopefully that will mean they can have alook and have some suggestions for you when you next log in.

Pinched this from another of Spydertracks posts, it should let you stress test it and get some useful readouts on HWMonitor

"Can you install HWMonitor and have it open and take screenshots of CPU temps after 10 minutes of running Prime95? You need to take he screenshots while Prime95 is still running so the system is at full load.

"

If the temps reaching 100c on some cores, then that would explain the throttling (at least in my head)
Im not familiar with the model at all, but perhaps a bad paste job? Its guesswork though.

You want to get hold of some of the proper regulars/mods they'll be able to give you much better advice. Real late in the day for any of them to turn up though im afraid.

Are you using a laptop stand to help with heat dissipation? It is a lot of power to be packed into something quite so slim and the config even says about it running pretty warm.
The advisor did the Prime 95 test remotely when I was on the phone, and got another colleague to check the temps. Seems that the CPU is designed to work to quite hot temperatures,. I've adjusted my fan curve to get them to kick in earlier and stronger and that seems to be keep the fan noise a bit more consistent. No issues when wearing headphones, and the fans will work as a heater for my bedroom whilst I'm gaming in winter I suppose.

Aza

Rising Star
Well im not really in a position to suggest much else, you need someone who actually knows their stuff.
Would strongly suggest a laptop stand though, can make a significant difference (even if its designed to run hot).
Any kind of throttling due to temps would suggest its running too hot in my head anyway, but as I said, im not in the know so hopefully the mods can help out (and to be fair, they tend to be better than PCS from my experience)

Well im not really in a position to suggest much else, you need someone who actually knows their stuff.
Would strongly suggest a laptop stand though, can make a significant difference (even if its designed to run hot).
Any kind of throttling due to temps would suggest its running too hot in my head anyway, but as I said, im not in the know so hopefully the mods can help out (and to be fair, they tend to be better than PCS from my experience)
Cheers for the advice mate. I do have a cooling pad but it only seems to reduce idle temps by a couple of degrees or so.

PoneyKlub

Hi @The Bong Druid,

Recently, I have just received exactly the same laptop and when running benchmark test (firestrike), the CPU temp is also hitting the 100C°.
I also add the Grizzly paste option when ordering.

Did PCS teams told you it was normal ?

Many thanks !

This is by far the noisiest laptop that I have ever purchased. It's not so much the noise....More the fact that my laptop seems to go full spaz when watching youtube vids, and yet will maintain a respectful demeanour when playing Crysis. Like..? And I have tried pretty much everything I can think of to adjust fan settings etc. Weird beast.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This is by far the noisiest laptop that I have ever purchased. It's not so much the noise....More the fact that my laptop seems to go full spaz when watching youtube vids, and yet will maintain a respectful demeanour when playing Crysis. Like..? And I have tried pretty much everything I can think of to adjust fan settings etc. Weird beast.
We can't see your specs so no idea if you ordered with windows or not?