OK, techies, how good are you? Place your bets as to the problem.

CarlFrank

So yesterday too delivery of my new PC -
5000D Airflow,
12700K,
Z690 Plus WIFI D4,
32GB Vengeance Pro RAM,
RTX3060 Ti, 500GB 980 Pro SSD,
2 x Barracuda HDD, Raid 1
1000w RMx power supply,
H150i Pro XT cpu cooler.

On receipt and switching on the PC the H150i cooler fans x 3 were immediately very noisy (spinning at 4700rpm I saw later). I did Windows updates and at this speed and noise whilst I installed some apps. such as Bullguard and EMClient. I noticed all fans were all set to “Balanced”.

I installed HW Monitor – CPU was fine – not hot at all at around 30C. No other components were running hot.

Chassis fans were apparently not needed as they did not spin. Not sure about the 3060 Ti.

I updated various drivers including Armoury Crate and iCUE (via Corsair website as the utility in iCUE kept hanging) as I thought this might initiate a slow down if the firmware was out of date. It didn’t.

Called and spoke to PCS support. He took remote control and he tried to adjust fan profiles in iCUE, Armoury Crate and in the BIOS via Q fan. The 150i remained spinning at 4700rpm. He asked me to photograph the mobo so I removed both sides and did so. He couldn’t fix, so it's
being collected today for a RMA.

Also note that the boot of this PC is very slow at 29 seconds (according to Task Manager/Startup/Last Bios time). My 7 yr old rig boots in 26 seconds from an old Samsung850Evo SSD. This new PC has a 980 Pro SSD in it so should be lighting fast.

So guys, let me know what you think the issue is and I'll update you when it's sorted. I'm very disappointed...
20220517_164133.jpg
20220517_165800.jpg
20220517_164133.jpg
20220517_165800.jpg

Last edited:

Aza

Rising Star
Slightly confusing post....
(P.S you can post your full specs by going into your PCS account and looking at your orders, still gives you a link to forums when you click on show, and that way you can post everything (which mods will ask for anyway with any system problem/question)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
There's a fair number of things to be suggested.

Can you post up your spec? we never got to see the final draft of what you ended up going for.

I would immediately remove Bullguard & Armory crate. That should be a good starting point :D

Aza

Rising Star
So yesterday too delivery of my new PC -
5000D Airflow,
12700K,
Z690 Plus WIFI D4,
32GB Vengeance Pro RAM,
RTX3060 Ti, 500GB 980 Pro SSD,
2 x Barracuda HDD, Raid 1
1000w RMx power supply,
H150i Pro XT cpu cooler.

On receipt and switching on the PC the H150i cooler fans x 3 were immediately very noisy (spinning at 4700rpm I saw later). I did Windows updates and at this speed and noise whilst I installed some apps. such as Bullguard and EMClient. I noticed all fans were all set to “Balanced”.

I installed HW Monitor – CPU was fine – not hot at all at around 30C. No other components were running hot.

Chassis fans were apparently not needed as they did not spin. Not sure about the 3060 Ti.

I updated various drivers including Armoury Crate and iCUE (via Corsair website as the utility in iCUE kept hanging) as I thought this might initiate a slow down if the firmware was out of date. It didn’t.

Called and spoke to PCS support. He took remote control and he tried to adjust fan profiles in iCUE, Armoury Crate and in the BIOS via Q fan. The 150i remained spinning at 4700rpm. He asked me to photograph the mobo so I removed both sides and did so. He couldn’t fix, so it's
being collected today for a RMA.

Also note that the boot of this PC is very slow at 29 seconds (according to Task Manager/Startup/Last Bios time). My 7 yr old rig boots in 26 seconds from an old Samsung850Evo SSD. This new PC has a 980 Pro SSD in it so should be lighting fast.

So guys, let me know what you think the issue is and I'll update you when it's sorted. I'm very disappointed...View attachment 33558View attachment 33559View attachment 33558View attachment 33559
Ok, I see youve updated the post with some actual details and photos. can you still go into your account and post your full specs from your order page please?

Cant see a commander unit... what have all the case fans and the cooler fans been plugged into? Is there just a Lighting node?
Without being able to properly see how its all wired up inside and a complete spec list, I could only guess that theyve been connected directly to the PSU so you have no PWM control.

The AIO pump head iself will be connected to the motherboard, so would still work and you should still see pump control in iCue so coolant should still flow etc..
Also, you would need to run all updates and ensure the system was properly configured, missing half your specs so dont know if you bought with a OS or not, and depending on if youve downloaded samsung magician you may not have full power mode enabled on the M2, or your overall storage configuration

CarlFrank

Slightly confusing post....
(P.S you can post your full specs by going into your PCS account and looking at your orders, still gives you a link to forums when you click on show, and that way you can post everything (which mods will ask for anyway with any system problem/question)
Why confusing? I thought it was clear? The cpu cooler fans are revving themselves silly with a cool cpu - where does the problem lie - firmware? build? And the boot up seems abnormally long - again, why? Is that normal? (seems not to me - I was expecting around 13 secs).

Didn't want you to wade through loads of spec on what was going to be a long post so didn't us that spec-post facility. Somehow I've managed to double up the photos though lol.

Cheers

CarlFrank

There's a fair number of things to be suggested.

Can you post up your spec? we never got to see the final draft of what you ended up going for.

I would immediately remove Bullguard & Armory crate. That should be a good starting point :D
Quantity: 1

CORSAIR 5000D AIRFLOW TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE
Intel® Core™ i7 12-Core Processor i7-12700K (3.6GHz) 25MB Cache
ASUS® TUF GAMING Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 (LGA1700, USB 3.2, PCIe 5.0) - ARGB Ready
Motherboard wifi aerials
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 16GB)
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3060 Ti - HDMI, DP, LHR
PCS GRAPHICS CARD SUPPORT BRACKET
500GB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 6900MB/R, 5000MB/W)
512GB INTEL® 670p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 3000MB/sR, 1600MB/sW)
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
RAID 1 (MIRRORED VOLUME - 2 x same size & model HDD / SSD)
CORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Corsair iCUE H150i RGB PRO XT Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Windows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00003]
United Kingdom - English Language
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft 365® (Operating System Required)
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Standard Build - Approximately 4 to 7 working days

Aza

Rising Star
Why confusing? I thought it was clear? The cpu cooler fans are revving themselves silly with a cool cpu - where does the problem lie - firmware? build? And the boot up seems abnormally long - again, why? Is that normal? (seems not to me - I was expecting around 13 secs).

Didn't want you to wade through loads of spec on what was going to be a long post so didn't us that spec-post facility. Somehow I've managed to double up the photos though lol.

Cheers
At the point I posted this, you had just done your initial post which only read the spec summary, no body of text or photos

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
The slow boot up could be related to RAID but I would initially consider that it may be trying to boot from the network.

If you start the PC and enter the BIOS, then enter the advanced settings and then scroll over to "Boot" or "Boot Options" this will let us see what the order is. If the order is good, disable "Fast Start" and "Hibernation".

Otherwise my guess is RAID initiation. I wouldn't recommend RAID nowadays btw. There are far better backup and redundancy solutions.

CarlFrank

Ok, I see youve updated the post with some actual details and photos. can you still go into your account and post your full specs from your order page please?

Cant see a commander unit... what have all the case fans and the cooler fans been plugged into? Is there just a Lighting node?
Without being able to properly see how its all wired up inside and a complete spec list, I could only guess that theyve been connected directly to the PSU so you have no PWM control.

The AIO pump head iself will be connected to the motherboard, so would still work and you should still see pump control in iCue so coolant should still flow etc..
Also, you would need to run all updates and ensure the system was properly configured, missing half your specs so dont know if you bought with a OS or not, and depending on if youve downloaded samsung magician you may not have full power mode enabled on the M2, or your overall storage configuration
Sorry I hit return before I'd finished posting origionally and went in to edit. Asa - that's might have been what confused you.

As far as I'm aware the pump can't be controlled either but does seem to work. I updated Win 11 till there were no more to do, ditto iCUE and Armoury Crate.

No idea what's plugged into where. I'm a total noobie.

Have not downloaded Magician, whatever that is (I'll research. Do I need it?)?

Aza

Rising Star
@Scott im assuming the RGB Pro XT doesnt come with a commander core thing like the elite models?
@CarlFrank have you checked the OS is actually on the 980 pro?
When you first got it you would of needed to do all windows updates, repeatedly and over reboots to ensure it gets them all, Nvidia drivers (and depending on model, it might have a software program for the GPU too) from there I would of stuck magician on and checked the performance and fireware settings for the 980 pro (Scott had a far more detailed checklist when getting a new PC, it was written up on the forum somewhere)

I wouldnt of loaded any other software until the core bits were done and i'd had a chance to run it in to check stability, also need to be aware armory crate, bullguard, stuff like that will all slow stuff down and bloat the system

CarlFrank

The slow boot up could be related to RAID but I would initially consider that it may be trying to boot from the network.

If you start the PC and enter the BIOS, then enter the advanced settings and then scroll over to "Boot" or "Boot Options" this will let us see what the order is. If the order is good, disable "Fast Start" and "Hibernation".

Otherwise my guess is RAID initiation. I wouldn't recommend RAID nowadays btw. There are far better backup and redundancy solutions.
OK, it's being collected today so PCS may well do that.

I have my own reasons for Raid. I also have 2 external drives and cloud for my particular needs - I have something like 360GB of photos that must never be lost. Ever.

CarlFrank

@Scott im assuming the RGB Pro XT doesnt come with a commander core thing like the elite models?
@CarlFrank have you checked the OS is actually on the 980 pro?
When you first got it you would of needed to do all windows updates, repeatedly and over reboots to ensure it gets them all, Nvidia drivers (and depending on model, it might have a software program for the GPU too) from there I would of stuck magician on and checked the performance and fireware settings for the 980 pro (Scott had a far more detailed checklist when getting a new PC, it was written up on the forum somewhere)

I wouldnt of loaded any other software until the core bits were done and i'd had a chance to run it in to check stability, also need to be aware armory crate, bullguard, stuff like that will all slow stuff down and bloat the system
All Win updates done till no more available. Ditto Nvidia. I literally switched it on and we were at 4700rpm. Win is on the 980 Pro.

Aza

Rising Star
Sorry I hit return before I'd finished posting origionally and went in to edit. Asa - that's might have been what confused you.

As far as I'm aware the pump can't be controlled either but does seem to work. I updated Win 11 till there were no more to do, ditto iCUE and Armoury Crate.

No idea what's plugged into where. I'm a total noobie.

Have not downloaded Magician, whatever that is (I'll research. Do I need it?)?
Samsung magician isnt a 100% required, but it does enable you to play with eh drive and performance settings, also do stuff like benchmark it
I have it so it doesnt run on startup, its there for if/when i want it
magic.JPG

Aza

Rising Star
....tbh...didnt even know the fans on the coolers could go at 4700rpm... i'm betting on the fans being wired to the power supply
If its getting collected today, then PCS will have a go at it, so whatever it is I guess they'll fix, ive just got a gut feeling theres only a lighting node/RGB controller, no fan hub and not enough pins on the board for all the fans to be connected to, so extra ones are going straight to power supply or a relay that doesnt wanna play with the other components nicely

Its fustrating though, new system in your hands and not what youd hoped, so I do empathise.
Might be worth buying yourself a commander pro (or similar) if it is something like that.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The RGB Pro XT's do not come with the Corsair Commander so it all depends on how the fans where wired up

Aza

Rising Star
The RGB Pro XT's do not come with the Corsair Commander so it all depends on how the fans where wired up
Im assuming from the photo of the back of it where you can see the PSU, thats some sort of relay then... the bit of open circuit board?

Aza

Rising Star
Ive been up all night again and im waffling...sorry. Guess we'll just have to wait until PCS have had it and tell him what theyve found/returned it to him.

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
My reading of manual and install videos is that the radiator fans connect to a 4 pin PWM splitter coming off the pump head. The Pump head is then connected to MB using USB header to allow iCUE to control it and attached fans. The case fans are probably connected to a PWM splitter and from that to MB. You can see the splitter in the second photo from OP

I'd be interested to see what iCUE shows in terms of fan speeds and also what HWMonitor or HWInfo is reading, to get a better understanding.

One thing I did see in the first photo is that the connector to the CPU FAN header only has a single wire into the connector. This might be fine, as it could be the tach wire and all the pump is doing is feeding RPM speeds back to the system, and it doesn't need power or PWM signal to adjust RPM.

But as others have said, if you're sending it back to PCS, pointless on us giving advice.....