Windows 11 major optional update

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'm just installing now, this is worth grabbing, it's got a bundle of fixes as they move towards the first major release update in July with 22H2

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Is Windows 11 worth grabbing yet?

Only thing I care about is stability and gaming performance for my home computer to behonest

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Is Windows 11 worth grabbing yet?

Only thing I care about is stability and gaming performance for my home computer to behonest
Yeah, for those uses it's absolutely fine, I've been on it now for a couple of months, and no issues.

It's only really for production uses like rendering or scientific workloads that I'd suggest holding off until the 22H2 release.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Same here, not had any issues at all. Initially switched over my surface pro and didn't have a single hitch. Switched the gaming PC over a couple of weeks ago and, save for a few little teething niggles, everything has been spot on.

I think the main player for me was Nvidia drivers. It took a couple of updates for me to have true stability with my 3070Ti.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I think the main player for me was Nvidia drivers. It took a couple of updates for me to have true stability with my 3070Ti.
Yeah honestly this is my concern, my computer is running 100% fine at the minute with no issues what so ever so don't really feel like adding a variable in there because I just wont have the time to get it working properly. May just wait until 22H2 to be safe

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah honestly this is my concern, my computer is running 100% fine at the minute with no issues what so ever so don't really feel like adding a variable in there because I just wont have the time to get it working properly. May just wait until 22H2 to be safe
22H2 is going to worth waiting for if you're at all concerned, it's a major update.

RichardDavies99

Bronze Level Poster
I've not had any upgrade messages since it was first launched, which I declined because I wanted to wait until it was OK to switch over glitch free.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've not had any upgrade messages since it was first launched, which I declined because I wanted to wait until it was OK to switch over glitch free.
I reckon once 22H2 is released, Microsoft may get more aggressive with forcing upgrades.

Remember windows 10? It ended up installing itself so long as your computer was on. I can remember so many businesses kicking up a fuss because critical pc's went through a lengthy upgrade without anyone giving consent.

Aza

Rising Star
Everytime i go into windows updates the message is there telling me I can upgrade.... Im quite happy on win 10, and it was only a month ago I did a complete fresh install.

I do use cloud storage sync'd to a separate SSD for files n stuff, and games are now completely separate on their own M2, but its still a faff installing windows, then gpu drivers, zotac firestorm, razer synaps, iCue, checking the chipset, photoshop/premierre pro/adobe acrobat, office 365, dropbox client, reconfiguring onedrive again... not difficult, just a pain.

I'm holding off as long as I can or until the next major win 10 update when i'd reinstall anyway.

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I just saw on the web that the last windows 11 update may cause troubles with the clevo laptop controle center.

Woodsie

I have tried twice now with Windows 11 and each time rolled back. I have spent hours trying to resolve the "no sound" problem to no avail. I will install this only when I can be sure the sound is working correctly.