Spyder’s Vinyl Showcase (With Added Toe)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
AWESOME !!!
I hope i'll find it too

edit : i just saw the price, maybe an other time ^^"
It is expensive, but the remaster job alone is done so well, and by some of the best mastering engineers in the business, that must have cost a small fortune. And then this boxset has the whole album rerecorded with the different versions, so it really is 2 albums worth. Then you've go the original demo's she sent into the record label before she was even signed. And then the quality of the physical product is far higher than on most vinyl boxsets. It's definitely pricey, but for such a wonderful thing, I couldn't not get it.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I just noticed the prices seem to have risen on this boxset at most Amazon locations, and quite substantially too, which normally means it's selling fast, so be aware, it may not be around for long.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just a little pointer for you slightly obsessive collectors.

They normally alert you to just announced pre orders, but they also list the prices available at various Amazon worldwide stores, and you can often find it a lot cheaper ordering from Italy say, rather than UK. As an example, last years Black Crowes - Shake Your Money Maker 30th Anniversary Boxset was £75 in UK, but Amazon Italy were selling them for 40 Euros including shipping which was just insane. Those were pre order prices as well.

I don't really understand how Amazon can vary so much over European regions.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sorry, last comment on this before I actually play the damn thing, but here's 45 RPM Audiophiles take on the new anniversary pressing.

It's a Pallas pressing, which are amongst the most covetted pressing plants, based in Germany, they've always done incredible copies.

I would say, just get the normal album version, if it holds up against the $70 Analogue Productions copy, that's quite an achievement considering it costs £22 direct from BlueNote UK

That's just the album alone, not the bonus items, but for this kind of quality it's a steal. They've pressed quite a few, but it will sell out eventually and I think prices will soar being a Pallas.

They have a direct sales branch in France as well on that same site.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So, i could not afford the deluxe vinyl pack, so i went for the deluxe CD pack
It's really beautiful
download.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist. I actually feel this way, it's tragic :)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
And you know what, you're right
Vinyl do have this "little something" that make song better
Man, just finished it, weather it's on CD or record, the Bonus content is so so worth it, the demos, it's just no wonder she was snapped up, I'm actually quite emotional, so so beautiful.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Defected Records - Sampler EP 11

This was a knee jerk purchase as I got confused and thought it was EP 10 which is one I've been after for about a year but no ones selling. As such I paid for one on discogs shipped from hungary, so half the price was shipping.

They actually still have some of these available on the Defected store in UK so would have cost me half as much.

But nevermind, I didn't have a copy, and it's got a track from Idris Elba on it, yes THE actor, Idris Elba who is making great waves in the House community.

Plus when I realised it was EP 11, I looked for EP 10 on discogs just now and for the first time, there's a Mint copy available from a UK seller so I've snapped that up.

So all in all, paid too much, but have got exactly what I wanted and then a bit more. Can't be bad.

20220527_112053.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Defected Records - Sampler EP 11

This was a knee jerk purchase as I got confused and thought it was EP 10 which is one I've been after for about a year but no ones selling. As such I paid for one on discogs shipped from hungary, so half the price was shipping.

They actually still have some of these available on the Defected store in UK so would have cost me half as much.

But nevermind, I didn't have a copy, and it's got a track from Idris Elba on it, yes THE actor, Idris Elba who is making great waves in the House community.

Plus when I realised it was EP 11, I looked for EP 10 on discogs just now and for the first time, there's a Mint copy available from a UK seller so I've snapped that up.

So all in all, paid too much, but have got exactly what I wanted and then a bit more. Can't be bad.

View attachment 33651
Ooooooo, big celebrations, this last record took me to 1000 records / singles / albums / boxsets in my collection, thought I had a few more to go

1653832464266.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
On the right, one I've been after for about a year, but no ones been selling. Listed as Mint, but definitely VG+ due to a hairline across one side which luckily doesn't affect play. I'm so keen on this one, I'm going to mention the scratch to the seller, but not kick up a fuss if they say it arrived with them like that, I want this record too much.

Defected Records - Sampler EP 10 which includes a rare vinyl press of a Vintage Culture track

I have no idea what the one on the left is, it came included, doesn't ring any bells, but nice to have a bonus item.

20220601_215943.jpg

slimbob

Enthusiast
On the right, one I've been after for about a year, but no ones been selling. Listed as Mint, but definitely VG+ due to a hairline across one side which luckily doesn't affect play. I'm so keen on this one, I'm going to mention the scratch to the seller, but not kick up a fuss if they say it arrived with them like that, I want this record too much.

Defected Records - Sampler EP 10 which includes a rare vinyl press of a Vintage Culture track

I have no idea what the one on the left is, it came included, doesn't ring any bells, but nice to have a bonus item.

View attachment 33707

I appreciate you have probably seen this or have tried most of the suggestions mentioned but just posting it in case it is helpful.
Hope you find out what it is, it would do my head in not knowing.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This afternoon I have to do the dance of death trying to buy a limited reissue of a very sought after album by a french producer. They've taken the store offline and it goes live at 5pm our time. They're only issuing 1500 copies, and it's gonna be one of those ones where they sell out in 30 seconds. I'm never very successful with these but am gonna try my hardest.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
This afternoon I have to do the dance of death trying to buy a limited reissue of a very sought after album by a french producer. They've taken the store offline and it goes live at 5pm our time. They're only issuing 1500 copies, and it's gonna be one of those ones where they sell out in 30 seconds. I'm never very successful with these but am gonna try my hardest.
Best of luck mate

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
My god, actually managed to snag one! They sold out within a couple of minutes, the guy actually apologised to everyone, most of them are going to scalpers of course

2022-06-02 17_37_25.png