Space X Starship Test Flight

Bhuna50

Author Level
I doubt it. Bio says he’s from Yorkshire so I doubt he has the opposable thumbs necessary to operate a camera.

(Sorry @robin h 25 - as a Lancastrian I’m legally required to make comments like this. You are more than welcome to clap back, I like to keep the embers of the War of the Roses glowing 😜👍)
I doubt it too, but wanted to pay credit in case he was an Enthusiast that travelled over there a lot :D.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I doubt it too, but wanted to pay credit in case he was an Enthusiast that travelled over there a lot :D.
Agreed, they are cracking pics and I appreciate that he makes the effort to keep this thread updated otherwise a lot of this stuff would pass me by. As a Lancastrian, a lot of time is spent shouting at Tories whilst walking my whippet with a bit of string for a lead as I chew on a stick of Blackpool rock (I take no prisoners, myself included)

robin h 25

Have to ask if they are your pics @robin h 25 as that last one is really good with the full moon behind it.

Unfortunately not, I take screenshots from live stream events or images from other who were there, that have posted pictures online,
I do hope to visit one day during an event, a rocket rollout or rocket launch, as I hope to do a couple of drives across America, one being route 66, and another route of my own which will be and take much longer,

Though i do like the picture with the rocket and full moon, It's almost a full circle image from Apollo 17, 50 years ago...
apollo 17 with full moon.jpg

I doubt it. Bio says he’s from Yorkshire so I suspect he lacks the opposable thumbs necessary to operate a camera.
You're not wrong, but for a very different reason, 30+ years as a console gamer using a controller, I've pretty much got no thumbs left.

Agreed, they are cracking pics and I appreciate that he makes the effort to keep this thread updated otherwise a lot of this stuff would pass me by.
That the very reason I try to keep this thread updated, there's still alot of people out there that don't even know that were going back to the moon or even making the to push to get to mars, we should have the first astronauts on mars by 2040 hopefully,

also that statement kind of reminds me of the majority of people in that Don't Look Up movie where either they just don't know or just don't care, as to why I like to pass on what info i can,

Not long before sir steven hawking passed, he made a statement along the lines of... that us, the human species, we need to be able to leave planet earth and travel to other planets within the next 100 years or are human species could be doomed to extinction,
With SpaceX pushing to get a colony on mars and beyond, it increases the survivability of the human species.

robin h 25

NASA updates on what their wanting to do / future progress...

Some SpaceX news, that Starship 20 and Booster 4 ( aka 4/20 ) have been retired and will no longer be doing an orbital test flight, maybe a couple more ground tests and then they get scrapped,
Elon wants to do the first orbital flight with the newer Raptor 2 engines, as to why Ship 20 and Booster 4 have been retired, due to having the older Raptor 1 engines,

The first orbital test flight will now be with Starship 24 and Booster 7 ( aka 24/7 ), Elon would've liked to get a launch done in May, but yet again the FAA have delayed their inspection to the 29th April.

SpaceX are constructing a Starship launch site at the famous launch pad 39A at Cape Canaveral, where as Artemis 1 is sat at launch pad 39B and will launch at some point during this summer,

with a Starship launch site at Cape Canaveral pad 39A, pad 39A already has FAA approval, so no need / waiting for inspections, but the Starship launch site at 39A won't be complete for another 10 months to a year,
so if the FAA don't allow anymore flight tests from SpaceX Starbase in Texas, SpaceX will do the first orbital flight test from Cape Canaveral 39A, but that would mean it'll be well over a year before we would see the first orbital launch of Starship.

robin h 25

The first orbital test flight will now be with Starship 24 and Booster 7
Some bad news with this, The first flight is now going to be with Starship 24 and Booster 8, Booster 7 has suffered an internal structural failure, during cryo and pressure testing, a cylindrical tube inside Booster 7 imploded...
starship booster 7 damage.jpg

this was spotted during an inspection after the tests were complete, before Space X were going to start fitting the raptor 2 engines to Booster 7,
Booster 7 is now destined for scrap.

No good news with SLS Artemis 1 either, it has failed three wet dress rehearsals and the rocket is going to be heading back to the vehicle assembly building during this week for repairs, it has a hydrogen leak somewhere that needs fixing as to why the rocket wont fully fuel and failed it wet dress rehearsals,
Artemis 1 could still launch this Summer, but with the repairs needed it's most likely going to be Autumn for it's launch around the Moon.

robin h 25

Booster 7 is now destined for scrap.
I jumped the gun with Space X Booster 7 being scraped, Space X have repaired Booster 7 and it is rolling out to the launch site right now for testing,
also the FAA inspection yet again has been delayed to 31st May, no test flights until FAA approval.

robin h 25

Booster 7 has successfully completed two full cryo and pressure tests at the launch site, after it's repair, Booster 7 was then removed from the orbital launch platform and rolled back, 2 miles to the high bay to have the 33 raptor 2 engines installed, once all 33 engines are installed. it will then roll back out to the launch site for most likely static fire of the engines, hopefully a static fire of all 33 engines at the same time at some point.

robin h 25

SLS Artemis 1 has been repaired and it took it's 4 mile journey out to launch pad 39B early this morning, just taking about 10 and a half hours to get there,
Wet dress rehearsals will restart in about 2 weeks.

Space X FAA report approval was delayed from 31st May to 13th June, only a 2 week delay, than a month from past delays it's had, which is a sign that on 13th June Space X is likely to get it's approval to fly Starship🤞,

Elon is taking a big risk with Starship 24 with the first orbital launch, Starship is still an evolving prototype and hes sending cargo to space on Starship 24, as he is launching Starlink version 2 satellites, that can only be carried on Starship.

robin h 25

The FAA report has come in and Space X Starship has been approved 🥳, finally after months of waiting and delays,

We will soon witness the biggest rocket ever made, take flight,

Here's Super Heavy Booster 7 with all 33 Raptor 2 engines installed...
Booster 7 with 33 Raptor engines.jpg

All that needed right now is for Booster 7 and Starship 24 to do engine static fires and then there ready to fly, We could be a month or two away, if that, From the first orbital flight🤞.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The FAA report has come in and Space X Starship has been approved 🥳, finally after months of waiting and delays,

We will soon witness the biggest rocket ever made, take flight,

Here's Super Heavy Booster 7 with all 33 Raptor 2 engines installed...
View attachment 33846

All that needed right now is for Booster 7 and Starship 24 to do engine static fires and then there ready to fly, We could be a month or two away, if that, From the first orbital flight🤞.
My god, that is largeish!!! I didn't appreciate how large they were.

robin h 25

Super Heavy Booster 7 has rolled out and now sits on the orbital launch platform, Hopefully the next time Booster 7 come's off the launch platform, It will be taking Starship 24 with a cargo load of Starlink version 2 satellites to space, As long as everything goes ok with the static firing of all 33 engines🤞,

The Mechazilla "chopsticks" catch arms of the launch tower also lifted the Booster for the very first time💪.

robin h 25

Some good and bad news with SLS Artemis 1,

It's has passed it's wet dress rehearsals, The rocket fully fueled to 100%, The hydrogen leak that was repaired, Is no longer leaking but It has a new hydrogen leak else where, However it didn't stop the rocket from being fully fueled this time, So it passed,

SLS Artemis 1 is going to be rolling back to the vehicle assembly building some time this week for more repairs and final preparation for the launch.

https://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2022/06/sls-readiness-june-2022/

We have a new space race going on right now, Which will launch first?, Starship vs Artemis, Both are looking to launch some time around mid August / September.
We are going back to the moon.jpg

robin h 25

A nice short little info video that NASA did a few day ago, That i thought is worth putting in here...

robin h 25

Hopefully the next time Booster 7 come's off the launch platform, It will be taking Starship 24 with a cargo load of Starlink version 2 satellites to space,

Due to the explosion that happened under Booster 7, Booster 7 is now off the orbital launch platform and is back at the high bay for a deep inspection and repairs as both Booster 7 and the orbital launch platform suffered some minor damage, but despite this, Elon still thinks the Booster / Starship and launch platform will be ready for next months orbital launch attempt,

It's still unknown as to what happened and why, My guess from the looks of the Booster 7 testing, it looked like Space X were purging all 33 engines with liquid oxygen to test the system before any type of pre-burner / static fire testing, when possibly one of the engines misbehaved and ignited, which may have caused the explosion,

It's lucky the the Booster was only filled with liquid oxygen during the test, if it was also filled with liquid methane, which it will be when it come to the pre-burner / static firing tests, it would of been a much bigger explosion and Booster 7 would have been no more.

Last edited: