LED Lights Only Flashing or Solid red.

carlos726811

Hi all. Switched my PC on and noticed that the LED Strip Lights Are either solid red or flashing red. Last night it was raindow effect. Any idea how to solve it.
I tried Changing it in armoury Crate aswell as icue.
Specs Below

Case CORSAIR CRYSTAL SERIES 680X RGB GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12 Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.6GHz/70MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (4 x 8GB)
Graphics Card10GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080
1st M.2 SSD Drive1TB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 4400MB/W)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
1st Storage DriveNOT REQUIRED
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H115i RGB PLATINUM Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting2x 50cm RGB LED Strip
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless Network Card10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

Aza

Rising Star
Has anything updated overnight? Im assuming youve not been inside the case or moved it or anything like that.

Might be worth removing armory crate, it doesnt serve any real purpose and iCue should pick up your motherboard and give you control over its lighting anyway.

Perhaps reinstalling iCue afterwards?

Aza

Rising Star
Try uninstalling iCue and reinstalling it now.
It should still recognise the motherboard and give control over the addressable headers and board lighting.

Aza

Rising Star
BTW.... you want iCue 3....your cooler isnt going to be happy on iCue 4....
(I'm going off my own experiences there...iCue 4 starts changing the pump speed and I dont think the pump is designed to cope with it...)

Aza

Rising Star
iCue 4 varies the pump rate with the platinum range, where iCue 3 didnt... im reasonably sure thats what killed my old H100i Plat... but thats a separate issue.

Are there any updates in win update? have a look at the history to see if it updated anything overnight thats maybe causing the issue?
Other than that, im sorry but I dont know... I thought it could be a conflict with armory crate/iCue.

The LED strips havent been knocked or anything? theyre still connected to their headers properly?
Perhaps the Mods could help.

carlos726811

iCue 4 varies the pump rate with the platinum range, where iCue 3 didnt... im reasonably sure thats what killed my old H100i Plat... but thats a separate issue.

Are there any updates in win update? have a look at the history to see if it updated anything overnight thats maybe causing the issue?
Other than that, im sorry but I dont know... I thought it could be a conflict with armory crate/iCue.

The LED strips havent been knocked or anything? theyre still connected to their headers properly?
Perhaps the Mods could help.
Where abouts are the headers located?

carlos726811

Been intouch with PCs. They going to get someone to ring me sometime tomorrow. They had a look. Can't see what causing it.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
BTW.... you want iCue 3....your cooler isnt going to be happy on iCue 4....
(I'm going off my own experiences there...iCue 4 starts changing the pump speed and I dont think the pump is designed to cope with it...)
You've got me worried now, as I've used iCUE 4 since it was released over a year ago - and that's with a toasty 5800X :unsure:

carlos726811

That is what i am on about.. its either solid red or flashing red. When i change colour to green. It either flashes red or turns off.

Attachments

• 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 111

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I am gaming now and have been for nearly 2 hours.
CPU temps 56c
GPU temps 62c
And the rest? Normally there would be probably 50 sensors from your mobo to the cooler. It may be one of them is over the odds. It's iCue that's setting them red, check your temp thresholds in icue.

Aza

Rising Star
You've got me worried now, as I've used iCUE 4 since it was released over a year ago - and that's with a toasty 5800X :unsure:
Could be total coincidence. With iCue 3 the pump speed on my H100i Plat didnt really change no matter what mode (quiet/balanced/extreme) I upgraded to iCue 4 and I noticed it suddenly varied the pump speed. I would change between quiet and balanced, and within a few months the pump started to go. Dont know it was def that, I could just be the one that got the dodgy pump, but made me very suspicious...

carlos726811

PCs Been back intouch with me. Got abit further. Only lights i can get is R,G,Y. No Blue.
Got told sounds like Blue pin for the header or something. ( I don't know is Busted )