Spyder’s Vinyl Showcase (With Added Toe)

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I appreciate you have probably seen this or have tried most of the suggestions mentioned but just posting it in case it is helpful.
Hope you find out what it is, it would do my head in not knowing.
The Mystery record is Pirupa Feat Mr. V (4) – We Must Be (That Piano Track)

Certainly not of any value, but it's an ok 90's sound clubby House tune, certainly not something I'd dismiss.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I just had my cousin over from Canada, just saw him for a night as unfortunately he caught covid as he arrived so we couldn't see him for a week until he tested negative, so he extended his trip so he could see us just for the night and I dropped him off at the airport this morning first thing.

His Dad, my Uncle who sadly passed away a couple of years ago is the one who go me into audio stuff. When I was a kid, he had this insane big screen rear projection TV, probably about 55" which in those days was huge. He had an immense 7.1 surround kit as well, I always remember him putting on Die Hard: With A Vengeance, the opening scene where the shop front blows out from a bomb, I was mesmerised at how good the sounds was, subs blowing my hair back as the shop blew up. He also gave me a radio repeater that was about the size of a credit card, you plugged the emitter into your stereo and then had the receiver on you with headphones plugged in and blamo, wireless audio whilst I was cutting the grass, this was early 90's so way before any kind of wireless streaming capabilities. He also drove a Pontiac Firebird. I loved the guy.

My Cousin is hooked on Audio too, he literally had a couple of changes of clothes in a huge suitcase, and the rest was taken up with about 120 CD's and DVD's that he'd bought over here because he can't get them in Canada. He has a room at home just for CD's and DVD's, and his house being in Canada is about 3 times the size of anything we have.

It's in my blood.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I just had my cousin over from Canada, just saw him for a night as unfortunately he caught covid as he arrived so we couldn't see him for a week until he tested negative, so he extended his trip so he could see us just for the night and I dropped him off at the airport this morning first thing.

His Dad, my Uncle who sadly passed away a couple of years ago is the one who go me into audio stuff. When I was a kid, he had this insane big screen rear projection TV, probably about 55" which in those days was huge. He had an immense 7.1 surround kit as well, I always remember him putting on Die Hard: With A Vengeance, the opening scene where the shop front blows out from a bomb, I was mesmerised at how good the sounds was, subs blowing my hair back as the shop blew up. He also gave me a radio repeater that was about the size of a credit card, you plugged the emitter into your stereo and then had the receiver on you with headphones plugged in and blamo, wireless audio whilst I was cutting the grass, this was early 90's so way before any kind of wireless streaming capabilities. He also drove a Pontiac Firebird. I loved the guy.

My Cousin is hooked on Audio too, he literally had a couple of changes of clothes in a huge suitcase, and the rest was taken up with about 120 CD's and DVD's that he'd bought over here because he can't them in Canada. He has a room at home just for CD's and DVD's, and his house being in Canada is about 3 times the size of anything we have.

It's in my blood.
First of all, sorry for that family loss. Even though it was a couple of years ago, that man was obviously a big positive influence on your life. And I’m also sorry you didn’t get to spend more time with your cuz.

But I’m sure you made the absolute most of the limited time and talked some serious audio chat. Which is likely a fitting tribute, I’d bet your uncle would’ve been looking down and grinning from ear to ear seeing you two kids chewing the fat and comparing notes.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
First of all, sorry for that family loss. Even though it was a couple of years ago, that man was obviously a big positive influence on your life. And I’m also sorry you didn’t get to spend more time with your cuz.

But I’m sure you made the absolute most of the limited time and talked some serious audio chat. Which is likely a fitting tribute, I’d bet your uncle would’ve been looking down and grinning from ear to ear seeing you two kids chewing the fat and comparing notes.
It was so nerdy, he was picking out records from my collection sayin "I know how this sounds on my system, let's see what it sounds like on yours", we share a big similar music taste so worked through Zeppelin, Pink Floyd through to Radiohead and Stone Roses, Massive Attack and Underworld through to some newer trance that he hadn't heard. So funny. When he gets home, he's taking his son to a Kraftwerk VR concert, he's totally got his son hooked on music now too, it's really cool. He's such a nice guy, very lucky with my family.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
It was so nerdy, he was picking out records from my collection sayin "I know how this sounds on my system, let's see what it sounds like on yours", we share a big similar music taste so worked through Zeppelin, Pink Floyd through to Radiohead and Stone Roses, Massive Attack and Underworld through to some newer trance that he hadn't heard. So funny. When he gets home, he's taking his son to a Kraftwerk VR concert, he's totally got his son hooked on music now too, it's really cool. He's such a nice guy, very lucky with my family.
That’s fantastic, you’re privileged to have that. I’m lucky enough to have a similar situation with my own cousin, Jen. She’s just got the absolute best taste in music and if I’m ever looking for something new or to fit a certain mood, a quick text message will bring a reply which yields an absolute treasure trove of listening goodness.

I have to ask… what Led Zeppelin tracks did you work through? If you missed When The Levee Breaks we may fall out. That is the PERFECT track to see if your (hopefully worn in) speakers can catch and emit the echo from John Bonham’s drums.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That’s fantastic, you’re privileged to have that. I’m lucky enough to have a similar situation with my own cousin, Jen. She’s just got the absolute best taste in music and if I’m ever looking for something new or to fit a certain mood, a quick text message will bring a reply which yields an absolute treasure trove of listening goodness.

I have to ask… what Led Zeppelin tracks did you work through? If you missed When The Levee Breaks we may fall out. That is the PERFECT track to see if your (hopefully worn in) speakers can catch and emit the echo from John Bonham’s drums.
It's really cool having such close family members even if you don't get to see them so often. I lost contact with my family for a good 15 years so it's been working towards rekindling relationships.

We were pressed for time so we only played "Black Dog", but you're absolutely right and I shall burst that out tomorrow in an attempt at recovery.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
It's really cool having such close family members even if you don't get to see them so often. I lost contact with my family for a good 15 years so it's been working towards rekindling relationships.

We were pressed for time so we only played "Black Dog", but you're absolutely right and I shall burst that out tomorrow in an attempt at recovery.
Have a click on the link below and listen to the clip that’s at the bottom of the page. It’s a little snip into the expansiveness of the sound they were looking for. Good track to test your amp and speakers 👍

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Have a click on the link below and listen to the clip that’s at the bottom of the page. It’s a little snip into the expansiveness of the sound they were looking for. Good track to test your amp and speakers 👍

I swear that beats been sampled numerous times but for the life of me I can't think on what tracks. I'm certain Beastie Boys have used it though.

Epic beat though, love the phantom kick drum after the main, just adds so much depth to it.

Further Edit: It's the intro sample to "Rhymin & Stealin"

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Well, I've never known this to happen before, perhaps it's a one off with the 4 days weekend, but this was a discogs order put through late Thursday night, the guy shipped it yesterday and it's just been delivered by Royal Mail!

I'm so excited for this, this is such a monumental copy on so many levels.

Underworld / Gorgon City - Cowgirl limited edition white vinyl (300 copies available)

20220605_132931.jpg

I've been picking up Gorgon City's back catalogue since a monumental album they released last year, hadn't heard of them before.

This was a live recording done at Abbey Road in 2014, where Underworld played their version, and then Gorgon City followed with their's. There were 300 people invited to watch, and the recording engineer, Miles Showell, who is THE recording engineer at Abbey Road, cut this direct to record during the recording. Then they gave copies to each member of the audience at the end as a memento. Direct to disc gives a "audiophile" grade pressing quality, so long as it's done right.

The other week, Miles Showell commented on someone who posted that they were playing it, and mentioned that not even he was offered a copy, but that it had been a remarkable recording session.

I found this discogs seller who had a few copies, most were waterdamaged, but this one is absolute mint. He was selling this copy for £12!!! The waterdamaged ones were cheaper. I asked him why he was selling so cheap, and he purely said because they were sold to him cheap.

So not only is this a piece of history for any Underworld fan, but also for any vinyl collector. Direct to Disc is a process only a few premium engineers can do well.

I'm absolutely stoked with this, can't wait to play it tonight.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Couple came through quite late by courier.

Armin Van Buuren - 76 and Shivers, his first and second albums pressed by Music On Vinyl for the first time, had previously been released as samplers rather than the full album

20220608_182920.jpg

slimbob

Enthusiast
The Mystery record is Pirupa Feat Mr. V (4) – We Must Be (That Piano Track)

Certainly not of any value, but it's an ok 90's sound clubby House tune, certainly not something I'd dismiss.

Thanks for letting me know, just saw your post, not been to the forum for a while. Never heard of that I will have to pop over to you tube and give it a listen :) Sorry to hear about your Uncle passing, his system from years back sounds cool :cool:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Armin Van Buuren - Mirage New from a discogs seller, this is his 4th album

There's one more of these remasters that I want to get (his 3rd album Imagine) and then that's them done, but this last one sold out quite quickly when it was released in 2020 and I specifically want the limited colour variant as the rest of mine are coloured, so will have to pay a little more for it.
20220613_090542.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

Alva Noto + Ryuichi Sakamoto – Vrioon new from Amazon​

This is quite an important collaborative effort from the above. Originally released in 2002 and not many vinyl copies issued at that time, this is the first time they've repressed them and this record is the first in the series of 5 of The Virus Series.

I haven't heard it yet, was recommended by a youtuber, but it sounds right up my street as electro soundscapes.

20220614_143223.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Major Bounty Day!!!

Top center: Eric Clapton - MTV Unplugged MoFi UD1S pressing

Left: The Rise And Fall Of Ziggy Stardust And The Spiders From Mars: 50th Anniversary Half Speed Master (I think there weren't many of these pressed, really looking forward to it)

Center: Defected Sampler EP series, episodes 2 and 3 on coloured, and episodes 5 & 7 on black. This completes my collection of these

Right: Trance Wax - Trance Wax (Deluxe) This is just a remix EP of the original album.

20220617_093127.jpg

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just highlighting in case any Dune fans out there.

There's a few different versions of the new Dune film soundtrack.

But there is one that's widely considered to be the epiphany version to collect which is called the Dune Sketchbook, has loads more tracks on than the standard soundtrack.

It's only done by a US pressing label called Mondo, they initially did a run of coloured vinyl which sold out in seconds, but they've recently announced some Black vinyl copies as well. It's limited to one per household and not actually being released until November, but this is probably worth it if you're a fan of Dune, or Hans Zimmer. They'll undoubtedly sell out before release.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Just highlighting in case any Dune fans out there.

There's a few different versions of the new Dune film soundtrack.

But there is one that's widely considered to be the epiphany version to collect which is called the Dune Sketchbook, has loads more tracks on than the standard soundtrack.

It's only done by a US pressing label called Mondo, they initially did a run of coloured vinyl which sold out in seconds, but they've recently announced some Black vinyl copies as well. It's limited to one per household and not actually being released until November, but this is probably worth it if you're a fan of Dune, or Hans Zimmer. They'll undoubtedly sell out before release.

Or… you could just buy this:

85D0D8E8-FD0B-4E15-A57C-8E40EDF8E706.jpeg