Whiskey šŸ„ƒ

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I spotted these and immediately thought of @AgentCooper .

I remember you talking about glasses at some point.

Whatā€™s everyoneā€™s favourite tipple?
Interesting! I like the concept, although Iā€™d need a certain set of peaks involved to really get behind itā€¦

74ECF3B3-6CED-4E96-B521-FE9A8202F7A4.jpeg

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
At the minute Redbreast although I am partial to that Jameson Stout Edition if I don't fancy spending Ā£40 on a bottle

Tullamore Dew is always welcome along with Roe n Coe too though

I might have a partial bias towards my islands Whiskey though

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I've got a nice Auchentoshan 3 wood, and also an Auchentoshan American oak at the moment, the latter was on offer in Sainsbury's the other week, down to Ā£22

Les Whyte

I've got a nice Auchentoshan 3 wood, and also an Auchentoshan American oak at the moment, the latter was on offer in Sainsbury's the other week, down to Ā£22
Very nice, however, as a Scot I have to point out that this is "whisky" rather than this threads title šŸ˜œ. My current tipple is Laphroaig 10yo from Islay.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Jameson Stout Edition if I don't fancy spending Ā£40 on a bottle
Great shout, the Stout Edition is a really good sipping choice for those on a budget. I picked one up with the remainder of an Amazon gift card and was very impressed.

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
prefer a tipple of dewars 40yr single malt.. but sadly way out of my budget :cry: (last i saw a 70cl bottle of it cost north of Ā£400)

that being said i'm mostly teetotal these days

D

Deleted member 41971

prefer a tipple of dewars 40yr single malt.. but sadly way out of my budget :cry: (last i saw a 70cl bottle of it cost north of Ā£400)

that being said i'm mostly teetotal these daysf

fun fact, if you spend 400 pounds on a bottle of whisky, you can both keep the drink sealed, lie down and hungover all at the same time.

Insane.Pringle

Enthusiast
fun fact, if you spend 400 pounds on a bottle of whisky, you can both keep the drink sealed, lie down and hungover all at the same time.
if thats the case for a Ā£400 bottle of whisky i wonder what a Ā£5000 bottle of it does (that was the most expensive bottle my old workplace sold tho you could get even more expensive ones at heathrow/Gatwick)

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yeah...although I will admit that my consumption of Whiskey has always been the Jack Daniels variety and used as a way to get quickly drunk when I was a student....order a quadruple of it and down in one go :eek:
I like Jack but it's barely whiskey, I'd recommend trying one sometime especially one of the lighter sipping whiskeys like a Roe n Coe or a Tullamore and see how you get on. Not overly expensive then again not sure where you are from mate, may not be available in bars and such which means buying a whole bottle. This would be a stretch just to see if you like it in fairness

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Iā€™ll be the pedant and mention that American bourbon and sour mash liquor is actually whiskey, not whisky. Weā€™re two nations divided by a common languageā€¦ and a great big ocean, thank gawd.

@JustARandomPerson - If you do want to give a decent sipping bourbon a go, Makerā€™s Mark 46 occasionally pops up on cheap on Amazon. If you see a bottle of that for around Ā£25, itā€™s well worth treating yourself šŸ‘

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Iā€™ll be the pedant and mention that American bourbon and sour mash liquor is actually whiskey, not whisky. Weā€™re two nations divided by a common languageā€¦ and a great big ocean, thank gawd.

@JustARandomPerson - If you do want to give a decent sipping bourbon a go, Makerā€™s Mark 46 occasionally pops up on cheap on Amazon. If you see a bottle of that for around Ā£25, itā€™s well worth treating yourself šŸ‘
I like the yank Whiskys but I do think there is something distinct about them that sets them apart from Irish and Scotch Whiskey to warrant a different name

They definitely have very different flavour profiles but then again maybe I'm getting too hung up on labels, they taste great for the most part

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I like the yank Whiskys but I do think there is something distinct about them that sets them apart from Irish and Scotch Whiskey to warrant a different name
Scottish stuff is made only using barley grain. American stuff can have anything in but itā€™s usually rye. Thatā€™s what lends it a sweeter taste.

And don't forget the Irish and Welsh
I do like Crested Ten, as part of the Jamesonā€™s range. Thatā€™s a good one to enjoy neat. But I think they might have rebranded it with a new name. Only tried Penderyn from Wales and wasnā€™t massively keen on it. Wasnā€™t bad, just not for my palate.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I do like Crested Ten, as part of the Jamesonā€™s range. Thatā€™s a good one to enjoy neat. But I think they might have rebranded it with a new name. Only tried Penderyn from Wales and wasnā€™t massively keen on it. Wasnā€™t bad, just not for my palate.
It's just called Jameson Crested now mate and I think it's part of the Caskmates line with a new label, I'm a fan of it too anything aged in a sherry cask I tend to enjoy