Lockdown - What's Worth a Watch?

slimbob

Enthusiast
It's the content she bases some of her songs, on, there's not many artists that are so inspired by a classic novel that they have to write a song about it. She's one of a kind from that perspective.

Her lyrics are so clever.

The fact she's only just got due credit for "Running Up That Hill" is just bizarre.
Couldn't agree more, another thing that blows my mind is she wrote "The Man with the Child in His Eyes" when she was just 13 years old! She is like some kind of witch like seductress. Plus she was kind on the eye! I am a huge fan and wish I could of seen her live.

slimbob

Enthusiast
You're experience fully encapsulates exactly what I have been witnessing in general with the appreciation of it. It's only in the past 5 or so years that it's really shone through again.

I can say that I loved it the whole time though..... I'm that guy! :ROFLMAO:

The 80's was my Child hood, it was brilliant, my Dad always tells me the 60's was the best and maybe it was but I loved the 80's! :cool:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Only watched the one episode so far, but will be watching the rest as Paramount+ is free on sky if you have sky cinema

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I finished watching the Obi-Wan Kenobi showbi last night and… I’m disappointed. Large sections of the plot seem to have been lifted straight out of the Fallen Order game, some of the performances were phoned in and for the most part it looked incredibly low budget.

The Mandalorian - Fantastic

The Book of Boba Fett - Decent

Obi-Wan Kenobi - Poor

I hope this downwards trend won’t be a continuing theme…

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I finished watching the Obi-Wan Kenobi showbi last night and… I’m disappointed. Large sections of the plot seem to have been lifted straight out of the Fallen Order game, some of the performances were phoned in and for the most part it looked incredibly low budget.

The Mandalorian - Fantastic

The Book of Boba Fett - Decent

Obi-Wan Kenobi - Poor

I cancelled my Disney+ after i finished watching the mandolorian, as far as star wars is concerned you can't beat the original trilogy

robin h 25

star-wars-jar-jar-binks 1.jpg

I'm going to be binge watching Obi-Wan on Sunday, I wanted to wait for all episodes to release before watching.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
In other viewings, we’re into the third season of The Blacklist and I’ve got to say, it’s great viewing and the soundtrack is consistently mega.

Just to mention a few, I’ve heard The Kills, Temples, Suuns, Gordon Lightfoot, Hanni El Khatib, it’s a aural feast!

And extra cool points as they also use Dolly Parton’s ‘Jolene’… but played at 33RPM. It’s positively haunting.