Microsoft CEO

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
For those who dont know, this guy is an idiot lol. Hes worth over 14 billion dollars and has been with microsoft for most of its history. Hi name is steve ballmer and he is pretty well known for his stage presence.

[video=youtube;wvsboPUjrGc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvsboPUjrGc&feature=player_embedded[/video]

How can someone like this be worth 14.5 billion dollars, and how can Microsoft keep a serious image if their CEO acts liek this lol. Beats me lol

Pete

Bright Spark
would you prefer the head of your multi billion company not be enthusiastic ?
come on the stage and go "here's our new OS, it's ok, blue screens now and then, you'll need to double your ram, meh i wouldn't bother to upgrade"

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
come on the stage and go "here's our new OS, it's ok, blue screens now and then, you'll need to double your ram, meh i wouldn't bother to upgrade"

Not at all, but theres a difference between enthusiastic and idiot.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I think you missed an important piece of information Frenchy that helps explain the above clip...

...he's American!

Pete

Bright Spark
indeed, be thankfull there weren't pyrotechnics and girls in american flag bikinis... although thinking about it... yep that would have been better.

Corfate

Author Level
Just read how my post sounded.. Didn't mean it too sound like that.. :(

Even though it's hard to see how it could have not sounded like that.. I didn't mean it too! Honest!

Last edited:

PokerFace

Banned

Not at all, but theres a difference between enthusiastic and idiot.

Spot on Frenchy.

That's just downright embarrassing....and yes, I would embarrass myself for x billion dollars, but at least I would 'know' I looked like a prat!

Dave

Bronze Level Poster
If the programmer's are half that mad, That would explain the buggy Operating System's. :)

Pete

Bright Spark
That's just downright embarrassing....and yes, I would embarrass myself for x billion dollars, but at least I would 'know' I looked like a prat!

so you're saying; it is embarrasing but if you were in the same (or similar) position you would knowingly emarrass yourself - but it's ok because you know you're making a fool of yourself. I'm not sure you back your point up there PokerFace.

anyway...

I don't think you can look at one video and label him an idiot - infact there are quite a few on youtube and you could still come to the same conclusion. so long as he gets the job done, who gives a smeg? Was Bill Gates any different, been in jail, prozies, drugs.... with great power comes a large ego and a large bar tab.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I don't think you can look at one video and label him an idiot - infact there are quite a few on youtube and you could still come to the same conclusion. so long as he gets the job done, who gives a smeg? Was Bill Gates any different, been in jail, prozies, drugs.... with great power comes a large ego and a large bar tab.

I honestly think thats completely different. Its not done in the face of customers at a press conference where the brand is being sold.

I also dont think he is doing the brand any favours and think the only reason he is sucessful and gets away with it is because he has been with the company so long and there isnt really anyone above him to tell him not to do it.

PokerFace

Banned
so you're saying; it is embarrasing but if you were in the same (or similar) position you would knowingly emarrass yourself - but it's ok because you know you're making a fool of yourself. I'm not sure you back your point up there PokerFace.

My first point is, I would embarrass myself and act like an idiot for x billion, if that was what I HAD to do for the money. That guy is doing it by choice. He could still be enthusiastic about the company/product without jumping around and screaming like a 7 year old.

Secondly, if I HAD to do it, I would KNOW I was looking like a prat...I don't believe he realises how idiotic he looks.

Anyway, that's just my opinion and all I have to say on that.