1gb palit geforce gtx sonic or sonic platinum?

greybing

hi ,I was just wondering which version of the1gb palit geforce gtx 460 you guys at pcs supply ,the sonic or the sonic platinum...thankyou.

PaulH

Bright Spark
We have the sonics in, which to be fair, are fantastic (I have 2 of them in my Rig, so does JakAttack) The Sonic Plats are around 40 quid more i believe, all for being higher than stock overclocked (just so you know my sonics are running at 850 core daily and 2100 Mem in afterburner, but I have had 900 core out of them for extreme benchmarking)

Any way you look at it the 460 is a hell of a card

greybing

yes ,the gtx 460 is a fantastic card,i also plan on running 2 ,have you had any problems with your sli configuration.thanks for youre input by the way.

Sleinous

Author Level
eh? how many CUDA cores does the 460 have? Kinda forgot. I hope your 460 can't beat my 470 though. I really hope. ;-)

Gorman

Author Level
We have the sonics in, which to be fair, are fantastic (I have 2 of them in my Rig, so does JakAttack) The Sonic Plats are around 40 quid more i believe, all for being higher than stock overclocked (just so you know my sonics are running at 850 core daily and 2100 Mem in afterburner, but I have had 900 core out of them for extreme benchmarking)

Any way you look at it the 460 is a hell of a card

PaulH is talking about the core clock speed, not CUDA cores.

eh? how many CUDA cores does the 460 have? Kinda forgot. I hope your 460 can't beat my 470 though. I really hope. ;-)

Gf104 in the GTX 460 is a cut down version of GF100 (465,470,480).

Your 470 has 448 cores and the 480 has.....480.