Which internet browser do you use?

Serendipity

Enthusiast
I used Firefox for many years and I had to change several months ago to Google Chrome because I'm starting to find that Firefox is starting to end up like Internet Explorer. Once I changed I was amazed to see the difference in overall speed, could just be me though. It's just clean and simple, not interested in any add-ons, apps, customisations, search bars (even though the url box is a search box if you do need one) yada yada.

What about you, any recommendations?

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Thats like asking which matrix film do I prefer, there is only one matrix film, just like FF is the only true browser :)

Gishank

Bright Spark
Firefox is the browser I use, and it naturally my favourite. I don't see how you can argue that it's trying to copy IE when Microsoft is the one copying everyone else.

Petchi b

I use Google Chrome also. It's amazingly fast and so easy to use. Browser's such as IE and the like really try to take over your computer and have all sorts of crap that just plain annoys me.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I have used FF at home for many years now. This year however, I started using Chrome at work and really like it. Tbh, I don't really prefer either, but just as long as it isnt IE or...Safari (LOL), its all goooooood :D

Rakk

The Awesome
I use Chrome when I'm at home, and Firefox when browsing at work (have to use IE for work stuff, but I'm ignoring that for this question).

rontuo

I've used Firefox for years, but find nowadays they seem to have an upgrade every few days or so which inevitably throws off Flash and other plug ins so get a bit annoying. I also find it locking up regularly with 'Firefox is not responding', something that used to happen only very rarely.

I did try Chrome when it came out but it didn't seem mature enough, but I'm seriously considering giving it another try.

Serendipity

Enthusiast
Since I've downloaded Chrome, updating just happens naturally without you realising, same goes for other updates which saves some hassle.

mishra

Rising Star
I have used FF at home for many years now. This year however, I started using Chrome at work and really like it. Tbh, I don't really prefer either, but just as long as it isnt IE or...Safari (LOL), its all goooooood :D

...exactly same here. Unfortunetly, due to type of work I do I need to use ALL the browsers.. but my first pick nowadays is always Chrome :)

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
...exactly same here. Unfortunetly, due to type of work I do I need to use ALL the browsers.. but my first pick nowadays is always Chrome :)

I do what all good web developers should do, regard all IE users as anomolies lol. In all seriousness though I dont even look at IE 6 anymore, its so terrible that if someone goes to my site, thye will get a lower spec version of the site and an upgrade notice for newer IE or other browser.n Cant be dealing with IE6 and tbh even IE7

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
The code handling inconsistencies between versions of IE have got to be deliberate.... how can anything that bad happen by accident? :)

Your talking about Microsoft, the kings of not properly testing, bad implementation and just generally bad coding (atleast they sued to be, not really sure what theyre like now)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
personally i see nothing wrong with ms on most fronts and Xp ticked all the boxes at the time and 7 ticks all my boxes now, and both to me seemed pretty bug free, although Vista is a different story for me