Battlefield 3 Beta PCS Platoon

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
^ you amuse me, really do :p

161899_148407258540443_3374561_n.jpg

i've joined too :p

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
can those of you who i dont have on my friends list please let me know your usernames in here so I know who you guys are?

Teaz

Godlike
Question for you guys.

When joining or forming a party, do you guys ever get formed into a 'squad' or does it not work?

Because when i play with mates, this squad thing never works (even tho i do realise its just beta) so i just end up with random peeps. that includes my mates. we just never get put on the same squad or yet, get shifted on another team lol. So im asking if its just me or does it happen to you guys too?

If it is, there its quite hard to perform a platoon ingame sorta lol

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
if I had a PC account on anything I would.

all my game ids are fakes :p

or I buy old games and use the cracks

screw using steam, screw downloading patches and updates

and screw being on the net just to play a game!

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Teaz, not sure as ive not really played with anyone else, only person i played with couple of times is NMEBowen and weve alwasy been on smae team, not sure wether we were in same squad or not.

if I had a PC account on anything I would.

all my game ids are fakes :p

or I buy old games and use the cracks

screw using steam, screw downloading patches and updates

and screw being on the net just to play a game!

Im probably not the best person to talk about screweing developers over when it comes to stealing their games. If you dont like steam, dont buy the games, simple as that really. Most games on steam allow you to play in offline mode, games however such as this beta obviously require online because its a multiplayer beta. Most games these days have a lot of data passed to and from the net to make the community even better, and with households in the next few years pretty much all having internet and decent speed internet too, its no wonder developers are takling advantage of this. Were starting to enter a time where everytihng is always connected to the net somehow, look at onLive for example.

Anyway my point is the connection to the internet is there to enhance a lot of games and the experience you have while playing them. If its a game that doesnt work without internet then live with it, dont crack it etc. My views have been made pretty clear in other threads as to exactly how I feel about pirated games / software as it takes my day to day effort as a developer and chucks it in the bin.

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
nah man, you got me wrong. I have some PC games, I bought the discs. Then I use cracks so I don't have to keep switching discs and so my PC operates a lot cooler :)

You should see my game collection :p

Well, without being an ass toweards what you say, as this is to it in general. I don't care, I don't want a PC friends list, I don't want achievements, I don't want to use up bandwidth, I don't want to be known on my PC, I don't want to have to be connected to the internet.

The only games I buy like I said are old games, I see what they require, if they require internet, I don't buy them.

All I play really are old RTS games, I buy them 'cos they're cheap, then get the crack.

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
Take for example Shogun Total War 2, my friend gave it to me.

I installed 15gb on to my HDD, then Steam wants me to download 3(?)gb of data before I can play it.

Obv those are the patches released after the game's release but there is NO F'ING WAY I am going to wait HOURS to play a game which I have in my PC.

Therefore, again cracked whatever is justifiable.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Take for example Shogun Total War 2, my friend gave it to me.

I installed 15gb on to my HDD, then Steam wants me to download 3(?)gb of data before I can play it.

Obv those are the patches released after the game's release but there is NO F'ING WAY I am going to wait HOURS to play a game which I have in my PC.

Therefore, again cracked whatever is justifiable.

While I agree that in rare cases people may not want to update, generally speaking, people do. Updated games fix glitches aswell as adding content, who doesnt want a better game for the same price?

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
While I agree that in rare cases people may not want to update, generally speaking, people do. Updated games fix glitches aswell as adding content, who doesnt want a better game for the same price?

yeah that's all well and good but 3gb? it was honestly horrendous.

I'll always see what the patch fixes and if the game as standard had major problems but it's been fine thus so far.

now i wish dawn of war anthology would hurry up and get here.

supreme commander just seems soooooooooooo slow and is not holding my attention.

and SWAT 4 (all amazon brand new purchases) so i can mace that ***** in the face!

DOWN ON THE GROUND!

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
yeah that's all well and good but 3gb? it was honestly horrendous.

I'll always see what the patch fixes and if the game as standard had major problems but it's been fine thus so far.

now i wish dawn of war anthology would hurry up and get here.

supreme commander just seems soooooooooooo slow and is not holding my attention.

and SWAT 4 (all amazon brand new purchases) so i can mace that ***** in the face!

DOWN ON THE GROUND!

3GB may seem alot but tbh these days its not much at all, especially considerin game was 15GB

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
3GB may seem alot but tbh these days its not much at all, especially considerin game was 15GB

it's just the time it takes, my internet is slow

and i can't afford unlimited bandwidth :(

so considering that, only from a personal level, I was furious.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
cant afford unlimited? its only £5 from orange

I dont have unlimited, im on talktalk because my family is from france and its the only phone provider that gives us the unlimited calls for a decent price and gives us internet bundled too
I pay an extra £5 to top it up to 80GB

DanteWilhelm

Bright Spark
I dont have unlimited, im on talktalk because my family is from france and its the only phone provider that gives us the unlimited calls for a decent price and gives us internet bundled too
I pay an extra £5 to top it up to 80GB

im with bt, 8mb line, £22.75 ??? for 40gb, I don't know, just changed providers, cba to do it again

NMEBowen

Master Poster
i got talk talk buisness frenchy :d priority bandwith unlimited downloads 18Mb download 10Mb upload and 22ms ping for £10 i know they get bad press but mine is awsome shame im at my dads on rural lines :( sucks.