Hello!

Sweeney47

Just thought I'd pop on here and say hi.

Ordered a new PC on Saturday and can't wait to have it. Currently using a 3 year old Alienware but with it being on XP etc the cost of upgrading is only slightly less than buying a brand new one through PCS. Just for a laugh I built the exact same setup on the Alienware(Dell) website and it was £600 MORE than on here... Talk about buying a brand...

:cool:

Meds

Hi Sweeney47, Welcome to the forums!

I'm afraid you pay a lot for the "big brands" no matter what industry you are in. But I can assure you that regardless of the price, nothing but high quality components will be used in any of our PCs.

Sweeney47

Yes, that was my point, the same setup would have cost £600 more just because its Alienware, made me feel sick and wished I'd found PCS 3 years ago. I have every confidence that My Pc will be of the highest quality and I'm looking forward to it, Age of Conan with Max settings and DirectX 10 HERE I COME!! Oh and Crysis 2 :)

steveuk87

Super Star
DX10? surely 11!! haha anyways welcome to the forums dude and grats on the purchase!! hope it comes soon for you buddy and make sure we get some pics up!! **guilty face**

Steve

Sweeney47

unfortunately I dont have any games with DirectX11 Compatability so 10 is a start ;). Ill get some pics up when it arrives if I'm not too giddy and forget which is a possibility...

steveuk87

Super Star
haha to be fair i got mine over a week ago (ok its had to be sent off again) but i do have pics which i havnt uploaded yet, but thats because i am currently running a 256MB Ram laptop... as you can see the pics shall be uploaded once my pc is returned :p

Steve

Sweeney47

What was wrong with yours then? And 256MB RAM... ouch, careful you dont BSOD playing solotaire :D

And yeah I love the look of the alienware cases with being able to change the lights etc pretty cool, but its big and heavy. It's done me well, can play Crysis and AoC more or less full settings but the FPS dips every now and then and upgrading is almost as costly as a new machine... My friend is buying this one off me for a reasonable sum as well which pushed me to buy the new one ;)

Sweeney47

Have you seen the Alienware keyboard? Here Looks awesome... my G15 is still going strong though so cannot justify buying myself one just yet...

steveuk87

Super Star
What was wrong with yours then? And 256MB RAM... ouch, careful you dont BSOD playing solotaire :D

Yeah cheers dude!! haha, no the systems ok, just a few niggly problems, (dont think it likes its new home) MisterDave is going to nurse him back to health for me though :)

Steve

Sweeney47

well I just survived my first day of work... GO ME!

I don't want to see another form for me to sign for a while... well except maybe a certain DHL delivery...

Phil

Silver Level Poster
my last 2 pc's were Alienware aswell, recently found PCS & got my new pc from here :)

Alienware pc's cost far too much :/

Sweeney47

yeah as I said in a previous post, the same setup would have cost me about £700 more... on a £1200 machine... thats a massive margin...