Strange Audio stuttering

Hey everyone, i recieved my Pc from PCS a few weeks back and all was well up until recently. During youtube videos or playing games every now and then the audio goes all stuttery and weird. I have the ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD) and was wondering if that could be the problem? Maybe i should buy a soundcard? Does anyone know where i can get drivers for the ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO? Thanks in advance :)

Gorman

Author Level
The drivers are associated with the mainboard (www.asus.com) and are availiable there.

This is an odd problem that is probably software related, i dont think throwing a sound card would fix it, or rather would be an expensive way of fixing it, any further info? error messages etc?

The drivers are associated with the mainboard (www.asus.com) and are availiable there.

This is an odd problem that is probably software related, i dont think throwing a sound card would fix it, or rather would be an expensive way of fixing it, any further info? error messages etc?

Wow thanks for the quick response :D

No error messages just videos lag and the audio stutters and makes a horrible noise. It happens randomly aswell when i'm playing on Oblivion and causes lag. There isn't a warning or error message its complete random :( I will try updating the drivers and see if that helps, also i completely forgot to mention (sorry >.<) that the speakers i use are USB and not plugged in through the usual audio port, could that be part of the problem?

Gorman

Author Level
I wouldnt suspect the speakers at this point. Do you have a wireless card in the machine?

Just for the sake of science, remove it and see if the problem goes away.

erm if i do that then i won't have an internet connection and also it was fine the first couple of weeks so i doubt the wireless card is the real issue here, it must be something to do with the onboard sound, maybe a windows update has caused the issue?

Gorman

Author Level
Ok then, uninstall it. What i am trying to determine is if windows update has applied a sneaky driver update to it.

Mr_Wobblytickle said:
i doubt the wireless card is the real issue here

It is a likely cause that must be ruled out. This is not my first barn dance :p

Slurpak

Silver Level Poster
my friend had the same problem when he got his computer, and it fixed after he updated the wireless card drivers. couldn't work out why, but it worked.

Sleinous

Author Level
Hey everyone, i recieved my Pc from PCS a few weeks back and all was well up until recently. During youtube videos or playing games every now and then the audio goes all stuttery and weird. I have the ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD) and was wondering if that could be the problem? Maybe i should buy a soundcard? Does anyone know where i can get drivers for the ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO? Thanks in advance :)

This happened to me before. I found that unplugging your speaker cable if youre using external, and rplugging back in fixed it. But more often than not it was actually linked to the GPU because ever since my RMA it stopped. Think it was something to do with GPU freezing the CPU for a split second and sound being frozen by a bit each time.

Where can i find drivers for the WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps PCI CARD? When i was playing dead rising 2 earlier it said i had disconnected from windows live and then it went laggy for a while so it might be the wireless card

Slurpak

Silver Level Poster
no idea where you get the drivers from - im sure someone will give you a link soon.
but yeh, sounds like the same as the problem that my friend had.