new pc

steveuk87

Super Star
i just baught a new pc (opened a few hours ago) and it wont start :/

the hard drives cant be found in bios but the raid settings clearly have them on there...

i dont know what to do!

Thanks Steve

subzero

have you tried to contact support or email them ?, if not try looking inside (make sure its off ) and make sure cables are connected properly,
if you can give me more specs i might be able to help more

Maestro

HIya Steve,
Give us a call on 0844 499 4000 9am-5pm and we will be able to help. I cant give much more help here unless i know your spec or order number.

steveuk87

Super Star
Case
PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE (£59)
Processor (CPU)
AMD PHENOM II X6 1090T (3.20GHz/9MB CACHE/AM3/125W) - BLACK EDITION
Motherboard
ASUS® M4A79XTD EVO: DUAL DDR3, S-ATA II, 2 x PCIe x16, 2 x PCIe x1, 2 x PCI
Memory (RAM)
8GB CORSAIR XMS3 DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz - LIFETIME WARRANTY
Graphics Card
1GB ATI RADEON™ HD 5670 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11
2nd Graphics Card
NONE
3rd Graphics Card
NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
250GB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (7,200rpm)
2nd Hard Disk
250GB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (7,200rpm)
RAID (HDD 1 & 2)
RAID 0 (STRIPE) (£9)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NONE
Memory Card Reader
NONE
Power Supply & Case Cooling
450W Quiet 80 PLUS Dual Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan (£25)
Processor Cooling
SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£19)
Sound Card
ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
USB Options
6 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Modem
NONE, I WILL BE USING BROADBAND
Floppy Disk Drive
NONE
Firewire & Video Editing
NONE
TV Card
NONE
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
NO OFFICE SOFTWARE
Anti-Virus
KASPERSKY ANTI-VIRUS 2010 - 1 Year Licence for 1 PC (£8)
Monitor
32" VIEWSONIC CD3200 LCD MONITOR (inc. Speakers & Stand) (Special Offer) (£249)
2nd Monitor
NONE
DVI Cable
NONE
Keyboard & Mouse
Logitech® Cordless Desktop EX100 Keyboard & Optical Mouse (£18)

Thats basically what i ordered... Spoke to Tech Support, but they say its a currupt Windows :/ haha my DVD aint even showing that i have HDD when i try and "reinstall"windows :/ ah well wait till i finish work and then see!!

Thanks for the replies guys

Attachments

• Thermaltake-Chaser-MK-I-full-tower-PC-computer-case-image.jpg
    Thermaltake-Chaser-MK-I-full-tower-PC-computer-case-image.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 278

Gorman

Author Level
they say its a currupt Windows :/ haha my DVD aint even showing that i have HDD when i try and "reinstall"windows :/ ah well wait till i finish work and then see!!

Thanks for the replies guys

If the machine does need a reinstall and raid is still set within BIOS it is quite likely you will need to load the raid drivers on the drive selection screen. The drivers will be on your mainboard CD.

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
Just a quick one, does the RAID BIOS show up when booting? This is a page that briefly shows the condition of nay active RAID partitions, if it does, and it says they are healthy, then just do as Gorman said and load the drivers from the supplied motherboard disk when loading Windows.

If it says the RAID configuration has failed for any reason, you may want to check inside the PC just to ensure the SATA connections are in firmly, as they can be quite loose fit connections and can creep out occasionally during transit.

If all else fails, let us know where you get up to when you get time and we'll advise the next best step.

Attachments

• SAM_0489.jpg
    SAM_0489.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 279
  • SAM_0484.jpg
    SAM_0484.jpg
    355.5 KB · Views: 326
  • SAM_0482.jpg
    SAM_0482.jpg
    176.4 KB · Views: 349
  • SAM_0481.jpg
    SAM_0481.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 286
  • PCS1.jpg
    PCS1.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 337
  • SAM_0491.jpg
    SAM_0491.jpg
    273 KB · Views: 336
  • SAM_0486.jpg
    SAM_0486.jpg
    210.2 KB · Views: 333
  • SAM_0476.jpg
    SAM_0476.jpg
    221 KB · Views: 349

steveuk87

Super Star
haha cheers guys, yeah just waiting for a freind to bring round a VGA cable and then i can get cracking.. The Raid Bios does show the hard drives as healthy and working, just not in the normal BIOS so guess i'll just have to reload the drivers.. :/

Steve

Attachments

• DSCF0515.jpg
    DSCF0515.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 323
  • DSCF0513.jpg
    DSCF0513.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 256
  • DSCF0512.jpg
    DSCF0512.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 301
  • DSCF0511.jpg
    DSCF0511.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 311
  • DSCF0509.jpg
    DSCF0509.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 251

Gorman

Author Level
If it says the RAID configuration has failed for any reason, you may want to check inside the PC just to ensure the SATA connections are in firmly, as they can be quite loose fit connections and can creep out occasionally during transit.

This would explain all the symptoms you described.

Attachments

• DSCF0519.jpg
    DSCF0519.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 249
  • DSCF0518.jpg
    DSCF0518.jpg
    485.6 KB · Views: 314
  • DSCF0517.jpg
    DSCF0517.jpg
    502.8 KB · Views: 291

steveuk87

Super Star
ok.. day 3... still no luck!! getting a little frustrated now!!

*Have tried all the connections inside the pc, nothing seems to be loose or out of place

*Changed Bios Settings from RAID to IDE, this actually picks up both HDD but says no OS can be found. When i try and install windows 7 from DVD only 1 HDD is picked up in the install process and i am unable to actually install windows to it.

*loaded/installed all RAID drivers from motherboard DVD, even from vista and xp. There is a little check box that says "hide uncompatible drivers" and when that is checked no Drivers show up at all apart from 1 vista 64bit Raid driver.. the windows 7 drivers are apparently not compatible with windows 7 :/

*Tried formatting/partitioning HDD and still same problem as last bullet point.

*Tried a repair, but says it cannot fix error

*tried a check disk, which restored ALOT of files which didnt do anything

Not being funny but this is getting beyond a joke now, i paid alot of money for this system and i expected it to be working when it got here, considering the testing and QC it goes through.

So any more advice anyone?

Steve

Zeplini

Hi Steve please contact our call centre and they can talk you through the install and set up, when the system is set to raid the drives wont be detected as normal in the bios and with it being a AMD system it will require a driver at the hard drive select screen, our support can talk you through this, if you PM your order number to me i can get one of our support staff to call asap

Meds

Hi Steve,

It would be better to call Technical Support when you are with your PC so they can talk you through step by step. I read in a previous post that you work during office hours however our Call Centre is also open on Saturday 9:00AM - 1:00 PM so feel free to call us then.

steveuk87

Super Star
haha Cheers Paul, the problem was the BIOS settings had for port 1-4 & 5-6 as RAID, but the DVD drive was in port 4.. had to swap this to port 6, and change the settings to IDE for 5-6..

This allowed me to then install the drivers needed to find the HDD!!

Afterwards, had to re-install (not that it could find a previously installed) version of Windows 7

haha fun and games

My internet screwed up after i got the PC up and running!! haha fixed that now aswell, its running sweet as. So thanks very much guys, cant wait to get my proper leads sorted!!

Steve

steveuk87

Super Star
Bsod

Hey guys,

after finally getting over the initial problem of the PC not working, i am receiveing 2-3 BSOD's a day! sometimes straight after it restarts and gets to my desktop it crashes out again! i'll try and upload one of the reports later tonight if it lets me! may have to RMA to get it sorted, or Format and start again!

All the drivers are up to date and with 8GB Ram it shouldnt be BSODing when just on desktop with only Kaspersky running :/

Steve

Gorman

Author Level
Hey guys,

after finally getting over the initial problem of the PC not working, i am receiveing 2-3 BSOD's a day! sometimes straight after it restarts and gets to my desktop it crashes out again! i'll try and upload one of the reports later tonight if it lets me! may have to RMA to get it sorted, or Format and start again!

All the drivers are up to date and with 8GB Ram it shouldnt be BSODing when just on desktop with only Kaspersky running :/

Steve

Your right, it shouldnt BSOD at all. Can we get a look at one of those blues? either a pic or the error code would be great.

misterdave

Enthusiast
Hey guys,

Steve

Could you upload your recent minidumps? (found in C:\windows\minidumps) I'm sure one of us can analyse the dumps and offer a solution.