In need Graphic Card help...and maybe more...

Grim

I'm looking for a good graphics card that isn't so expensive and over the top.

I want to be able to play upcoming MMORPGS such as TERA, RIFT and Blade and soul at max settings and maybe a little less.
Since this will be my first time diving into P2P MMORPGS I want to make something out of my gameplay experience and my visual experience to make sure I'm getting what I paid for.

I've heard about the GTX460 and the HD 5770 but I'm not sure :/

Other G-card suggestions would be great, or a suggestion of which one of these would suit me best even though it seems in test that the 460 is -alot- better... BUT would it suit me or is it more than enough to run those games?

I should also mention I'm building a whole new PC and ain't looking to go over 650 until I find out my finacial situation at the end of this week.

So if I can get some advice/help with building a AMD or Intel build aswell? :D

I've heard AMD is cheaper if you are geared towards the gaming point, is this true?

steveuk87

Super Star
AMD are considerably cheaper, but obviously Intel is more powerfull... Personally i went with AMD because of the price differance (as the differance in power/cost isn't much) i personally also try to stick AMD with ATI cards (5xxx series) and Intel with NVIDEA (4xx series) hope it helps

Steve

Meds

Hey Grim,

Steve87 has got it spot on, AMD/ATI do generally offer better value for money but if you want the best of the best Intel/nVidia would be the better choice. However, nVidia have thrown a spanner in the works with the GTX460 in that it arguably has the best price/performance ratio of any card on the market. If your budget can accommodate a GTX460, then I would go for one of these regardless of what CPU you chose (Intel/AMD).

Gorman

Author Level
Hey Grim,

Steve87 has got it spot on, AMD/ATI do generally offer better value for money but if you want the best of the best Intel/nVidia would be the better choice. However, nVidia have thrown a spanner in the works with the GTX460 in that it arguably has the best price/performance ratio of any card on the market. If your budget can accommodate a GTX460, then I would go for one of these regardless of what CPU you chose (Intel/AMD).

Brilliant.png

LDUK

Master Poster
i would always stick with Intel and Nvidia. They have always been on top and the most powerful. I feel safe with them lol.

Grim

So if i did go for 460, would I need a certain PSU or cooling system? :\
Does anybody have any processor suggestions aswell?

Gorman

Author Level
You cannot go wrong with a Corsair 650w, if your on a budget head for an AMD cpu as they offer good bang for buck. Intel if you have spare cash and want the highest performance.

Meds

Ok, been playing around with our configurator and come up with the following for something like £655 inc VAT. I think the GTX460, Corsair PSU etc etc is going to take the budget into the £700 - £800 bracket.

Case
COOLERMASTER ELITE 310 BLUE CASE + 2 FRONT USB
Processor (CPU)
AMD PHENOM II X4 945 (3.00GHz/8MB CACHE/AM3)
Motherboard
ASUS® M4A78LT-M LE: DDR3, S-ATA II, 1 x PCIe x16, 1 x PCIe x1, 2 x PCI
Memory (RAM)
4GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 2GB)
Graphics Card
1GB ATI RADEON™ HD 5770 PCI EXPRESS - DirectX® 11
Memory - 1st Hard Disk
500GB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (7,200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
24x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Memory Card Reader
INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (READS XD, MS, CF, SD, etc)
Power Supply & Case Cooling
600W Quiet 80 PLUS Quad Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan (£59)
Processor Cooling
STANDARD AMD CPU COOLER
Sound Card
ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities
ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
USB Options
4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL (MIN 2 FRONT PORTS) AS STANDARD
Operating System
Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit - inc DVD & Licence (£79)
Office Software
FREE Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 (Limited functionality Word & Excel)
Anti-Virus
MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIALS - Free Basic Protection

Grim

-Late-

Thanks meds, I'll be putting some thought into that build and since I don't really need that PC really soon (although the sooner the better) I may end up looking to get the 460 and Gormans beloved Corsair 650W. ^^

Meds

Thanks meds, I'll be putting some thought into that build and since I don't really need that PC really soon (although the sooner the better) I may end up looking to get the 460 and Gormans beloved Corsair 650W. ^^

Definitely worth while if you can wait a while to get a bigger budget!! :)