Has Blizzard crossed the line?

Zeplini

Did you ever think Blizzard could ever put a foot wrong?

Well privacy is getting to be a popular topic on the www with facebook constantly changing there privacy settings and the new move by Blizzard which has upset lots of customers, what do you think of the new moves considering a hell of a lot of children play this game.

Below is quote on how its going to be -

Blizzard has announced on their official forums that they will soon require all users to post using their real first and last names, with the addition of character names alongside it being optional.

The change is being made in an effort to combat what Blizzard considers "flame wars, trolling, and other unpleasantness."

"Removing the veil of anonymity typical to online dialogue will contribute to a more positive forum environment, promote constructive conversations, and connect the Blizzard community in ways they haven't been connected before," wrote a Blizzard representative. "With this change, you'll see blue posters (i.e. Blizzard employees) posting by their real first and last names on our forums as well."

Blizzard also said that the changes are being made to create a "new and different kind of online gaming environment -- one that's highly social, and which provides an ideal place for gamers to form long-lasting, meaningful relationships."

The changes will go into effect on all StarCraft II forums with the launch of the new community site ahead of the game's official release. The World of WarCraft site and forums will follow suit around the launch of Cataclysm, with certain classic forums remaining unchanged.

I'm not so sure on this one, I'm also glad i no longer play any blizzard game and this has definitely put me off ever returning.

I would also say Activision recently signed a deal with facebook, do you think this move is linked as i for one don't think its all down to making the forums a nicer place.

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    894.2 KB · Views: 563
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    926.2 KB · Views: 569
  • uno.JPG
    uno.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 600
  • img02321z.jpg
    img02321z.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 628

Gorman

Author Level
Seems like an odd move considering WoW's high number of minors playing. Then again, blizzard forums are troll heaven. I will wait til i get my grubby mits on starcraft 2 before i leave the blizzard fold forever.

Im still reeling from the lack of lan play proposed in Starcraft 2. Bad move blizz.