Some questions on the Enigma 15.6" IV

susan1

Hello!

I am looking at getting the 15.6 Enigma IV. I have a few questions about the best choices.

The laptop is for use in places like a classroom, where battery life and being quiet is important as well as being used for some games like team fortress 2, league of legends and world of warcraft when plugged in.

What would the battery life be like for general word proccessing and internet browsing with the 9cell battery upgrade and the other specs below.

On the screen there are two 1080p matte screens, one is the Matte full HD LED and one is the AUO Matte 95% Gamut LED. Which one is better for seeing in classrooms but still good for films/games?

Processor - I was thinking the i5 at 2.6ghz (i5-3230m) is it worth upgrading to the i7 quad 2.4ghz (i7-3630QM)?

I'm not sure if it will make much of a difference in game performance or battery life for the extra cost?

RAM - looking at 8gb probably 2x4gb samsung

Harddrive - 7200rpm 500gb Scorpio Black

and upgrade to 9cell battery

Thanks very much for your time and I appreciate any help :)

Toxophilix

Bright Spark
I don't have an Enigma but:

On the screens: the point of XX% gamut screens is that they display a larger percentage of the set of visible colours (95% in this case, obviously), which makes the colours in images etc more realistic. They do require callibration to work effectively though. Personally I'd go for the vanilla 1920 x 1080 matte screen as I find the colours in such screens fine. A gamut-screen aficianado would probably call me a screen-peasant. Anyway, either screen should be good for viewing in a classroom.

Regarding CPUs, the 3630QM is a significant upgrade on the 3230M. However, the 3230M would be fine for your current uses (including the games you mention). The 3630QM would make sense if you think you might get into something that would require more raw processing power, such as video-editing. Also, the 3630QM is likely to handle future games better (although you might then find that the GT-650M graphics card became the limiting factor).

HDD - good choice!

I have no idea about battery life beyond the fact that I'd expect, er, pretty good (TM) battery life while word-processing/browsing with the larger battery. Hopefully someone who has one of these machines will see this thread.