audio help :)

xD_ben_xD

Hey i currently bought a new surround sound set to go with my new pc, i recieved it today is it possible to play music on the surround sound system
and still talk to someone on skype through a headset: turtle beach p11 (usb & jack) as i play music then plug my headset in and all sound goes from the surround
and only plays through the headset. Is there anyway to change this by changing any settings or is there notthing i can do about it and just have to have one or the other? thanks alot :)

steaky360

It should be possible to set the audio to still play through your speakers when you have the headphones plugged in. If you click on the volume adjust button in the task manager then mixer you should be able to click on the relevant programs and change the device their sound is playing through. I think you can also set the headset to only receive the audio from skype (you might need to do this through skype manually).

I'm not at home at the moment to have a play around with my settings to see exactly how to do it, but I'm sure someone on here will know and post soon :).