Graphical problem

kakashi777

since day 1 iv never really minded it, but i get streaks of the colour of files going away from it towards the right, at random times my computer starts flashing as if its adjusting its own settings on brightness and contrast..i tried updating drivers but that didnt work. Any ideas on whats going on? it gets annoying

Meds

Have you tried using a different Monitor/Cable to see if the problem persists? If you could try this, it would help rule out a fault with the monitor so we can concentrate on locating a fault with the PC.

Sweeney47

sounds like an issue with your monitor if you're getting ghosting. Have you tried using a different VGA cable or whatever cable you connect your monitor to your pc with, sometimes rubbish/low quality cables can cause this. Failing that your monitor is probably just on its last legs...

edit: jumped by Meds :p

kakashi777

sometimes its fine, so it could be the monitor or the cable hmm, i wouldnt say ghosting..its streaks of its own colour mainly happening to the folder and white text or anything to do with white..everything else is great

Edit:
a screeny

2qis85f.jpg

Last edited: