F1 - Lotus Racing

misterdave

Enthusiast
If rumours are true the rookie Lotus Racing team (nothing to do with the old Team Lotus from back in the day) maybe making a switch to Renault power for 2011 and there is a possibility that they may be getting the rights to the Team Lotus name.

This would be simply amazing. By far the best rookie team of the year and showing real potential for the future.

Good luck to them obtaining the rights and new power plants.

Zeplini

Interesting even if there are not based in Britain anymore have nothing to do with lotus it would be great to see the name in the top 10 at least, which is possible with a Renault engine.....

misterdave

Enthusiast
Interesting even if there are not based in Britain anymore have nothing to do with lotus it would be great to see the name in the top 10 at least, which is possible with a Renault engine

Actually Lotus Racing is run by 1Malaysia F1 Team. Which is a partnership between the Malaysian Government and a consortium of Malaysian entrepreneurs including Proton (who own Lotus Cars) and Sepang Circuit (plus many others) so in a round about way they are remotely linked to lotus however currently not by name.

misterdave

Enthusiast
Proton aint that bad man, but I certainly wont have one. Lotus are a separate entity just owned by Proton but thats a different story

Zeplini

Proton aint that bad man, but I certainly wont have one. Lotus are a separate entity just owned by Proton but thats a different story

i can the remember the neighbor buying a brand new one when i was a lot younger and within 3 years it looked like a pile of rust driven out of the scrap yard, horrors like that tend to stay with you for life lol