Suggestion : Pricing

yamibone

When configuring the core components and choosing between which processor/graphics card etc. to use the price next to each component should be there. I don't understand why you have the price there for peripherals and software next to each option but not for the real core items for a computer?:confused:Anyway this should be added.

PaulH

Bright Spark
Because im afraid prices change daily and are automatically updated from our suppliers, for instance if we put a set price up and component prices dropped, you'd be loosing out :) - and vice versa.

LDUK

Master Poster
Because im afraid prices change daily and are automatically updated from our suppliers, for instance if we put a set price up and component prices dropped, you'd be loosing out :) - and vice versa.

Ha ha, I love the way you made it look like your doing it for the customers first lol.
But very true none the less.

This is an interesting thread, because for the last few days whilst I've been considering a new build and using your website to customise it, I've thought several times how annoying it is that I can't see the price of each component, and have to add it to the system then do the maths myself. It would really make the website so much more useful if each component listed a price.

I don't see how this follows. Sure, the prices will change, but your system must know that, if the total build price is accurate. Perhaps the issue is that the product descriptions are fixed text strings that can't be dynamically updated to put the price alongside it from wherever it's stored in the database. So, how about this as a compromise? Instead of just adding the component cost to the system build, could there be a separate box alongside each component drop-down that lists the price of the selected component? Of course, this wouldn't let you see the price before you selected each component, but it would be easier than having to manually calculate the cost each time from the total.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately do the the nature of our configurator - all of the above are impossible.

It would be quite straightforward to add the pricing of each component in our drop down menus, and even automatically update the price difference so you could see how much extra/less each component would cost as you select different components. However, we do not build margin into every component we sell - we add a fixed margin at the end.

So, if you were to see each component price you would end up with a total lower than the system price.

What may be possible is to tell you by how much the price increased after your last change. Do you think this would help?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
What may be possible is to tell you by how much the price increased after your last change. Do you think this would help?

Actually, thinking about this - again it would not be possible :(

LDUK

Master Poster
Plus the whole pricing thing would be a lot more pointless work for everyone. It all adds up in the end so it's not too much of a problem.