PringlesInside

Enthusiast
will my PC handle any ati/amd 6950 card?

can someone calculate it for me.

specs in sig

i also have 2 very old cd rom and dvd drives in my pc but they shudnt take much power up

:smartass:

Sie

Gold Level Poster
Should do just built up your spec with whats in your sig and it comes to 499W with 20% allowance.

Fear

Prolific Poster
did you post about overclocking your CPU in another thread just asking because will that not increase your required power

Sie

Gold Level Poster
even if he has/will then i think there is enough left over juice to take it into account

PringlesInside

Enthusiast
Im holding off overclocking atm.

btw dont i have to take into account the chassis fans? i believ there 12volts each , i got 4

Sie

Gold Level Poster
just put a black in and "pretend" ofc im not sure on the power of hdd's wether its generally the same or if there is a massive difference if there is a difference at all you could just nock the answer down a tad.

Nemesis

The green uses less electricity (Hence the name) but only about 4-5 watts less than your average drive so shouldnt really make a difference if you spec black

Sie

Gold Level Poster
Cheers for that info Nem, not much difference at all then as i thought :)

@Pringles if your deciding between 2 cards, try searching google for some benchmark testing/reviews for each card or if your lucky a "vs" of both cards, ie AMD 6950 vs EVGA 560ti :)

PringlesInside

Enthusiast
Cheers for that info Nem, not much difference at all then as i thought :)

@Pringles if your deciding between 2 cards, try searching google for some benchmark testing/reviews for each card or if your lucky a "vs" of both cards, ie AMD 6950 vs EVGA 560ti :)

yep

i ask you: which 1 would you get? :D

Nemesis

Yeh folding will work on a 1x lane if you want or a 4x.
Its doesnt really matter

Looking at the slots available on your mobo :

1 x PCIe 2.0 x16
1 x PCIe 2.0 x4
1 x PCIe x1
3 x PCI

You could use the 4x (If you dont need it for anything else)