Will my PC work out of the box

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i understand that i will have to install Windows via the disc, and thats fine but will i need to install all my drivers and stuff, or will the windows installer work instantly

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
If you have ordered an operating system, just start her up,
you may see a few welcome screens which will ask you to name your profile or user account.
The drivers will already have been installed & will be pretty recent.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
ok thanks but i thought it said it was a disc? do i still get a disc with it so i can re-install if problems emerge

RichH

Gold Level Poster
If your order included an o/s, the pc will come with it pre-installed and you will also get the original windows disk in the welcome pack ( along with a bunch of other disks for mobo, gpu etc )

Fear

Prolific Poster
As vanthus said all you will need to do is start up name your user account and set your timezone, then you will have the windows updates to install and service pack 1 and you may find that there is a later version for some other drivers of your components like your GPU but never let windows update your graphics drivers always download them from the manufacturer Nvidia/AMD whichever you have.

RichH

Gold Level Poster
"Will my PC work out of the box"

That depends if Yodel ( formally known as DHL ) decide to play catch with it or not ;)

Although my experience with them was very positive !