Resident Evil 5

Xavien

Enthusiast
Well its not like i dont have any games to play :) what with just cause 2 (up to 74% now) kane and lynch 2 and tomorrow mafia 2 :p

But has anyone played resident evil 2 and if so do you recomend it? Ive been put off a bit by reviews saying it has alot of bugs and the npc char that follows you around is a bit buggy picks up the ammo when you dont want her to and gets stuck all the time.

Is this the case or has later patches sorted this out? Cheers for any advice here.

Gorman

Author Level
All in all its just another resident evil game, from the demo i played i took away the feeling that the zombies just walked into you if you know what i mean. The AI seems a bit daft.

Sweeney47

im confused, we talking about resi 5 or resi 2? :D

Resi 5 I tried the demo and absolutly hated it... Any game where you have to go into aim mode to fire a shotgun is just wrong :eek:

Xavien

Enthusiast
Yeap was a flu and late at night typo there i did mean 5 :) Thanks for the info guys i think i will give it a miss in this case :) no shortage of games to play at the moment

LDUK

Master Poster
What! Resi 5 was awesome. Actually completed it with my brother on the PS3. I thought it was a great game. But more than anything, I want them to make a new Resident Evil: Outbreak. Begging for it!

Xavien

Enthusiast
Changing the game for a bit :) did anyone think the pc version of assassins creed 2 was worth it? Ive read people who totally hate ubisoft securom which means you have to have an internet connection all the time you play. Has anyone any comments on this? Loved the first AC and want to buy the latest one when im through with my current games. I could buy the ps3 version of course but would prefere it on the pc if poss

Sweeney47

AC2 on PC was quite good. The start is a bit crap because all of the 'tutorial' buttons show up as colours (referencing to the xbox controls) so it took a bit of face-rolling the keyboard to work it out. Apart from that the game was pretty good and a great improvement on the first one. Not so tedious with the repeated quests. The Ubisoft Game launcher is fine providing you have stable internet and providing Ubi isn't having a 'special' moment with their servers. At least their DRM has some bonus to it, your saves are saved remotely so if you lose your local data/get a new pc/ go around a mates house and use his pc, your saves will all be there...

Matt

Bright Spark
I have Re5, i enjoyed it. Never played any of the previous games. The co-op online mode is great, i wish more games had co-op mode. Really good fun if you have someone who you can talk to, not so fun playing with random people as they all tend to use cheats or run off and go all commando.

Sweeney47

I have Re5, i enjoyed it. Never played any of the previous games. The co-op online mode is great, i wish more games had co-op mode. Really good fun if you have someone who you can talk to, not so fun playing with random people as they all tend to use cheats or run off and go all commando.

tell me about it, me and my mates are constantly looking for Co-op games yet noone really ever manages to pull it off well... Splinter Cell Conviction Co-op is good but Ubi servers are a pile of crap and me and my friends cant join eachothers server. ports opened etc, emailed ubi tech and they told me to disable my virus protection and firewalls... mickey mouse support...

Xavien

Enthusiast
Sounds cool Sweeney thanks :) also with regards to co-op games "hunted" looks good and its out soon ish on steam, since it can be played solo ive pre ordered it, sounds like co-op mode is really going to be good