Games crashing

Simo

Bronze Level Poster
I had this problem when I first got my pc from here but sorted it by uninstalling graphics drivers and installing a fesh download.
All has been fine untill now.
Every game I try will stay loaded from 30 seconds to 5 mins then crash to desktop, no error message nothing.
I've only installed mafia 2 lately and I finished the game with no problems but today all games are crashing.
I've done the uninstall and reinstall drivers (also using driver sweep in safe mode) but had no luck.
Any suggestions?

intel 930
6 gig corsair ram
geforce gtx470
asus P6X58D-E
850 corsair psu
on board sound

Zeplini

Hi Simo, please contact our customer support, details in my sig - it could be a problem with the card its self but best to talk to tech support who can talk you through a few things to try

Sweeney47

potentially a RAM issue, have you checked to make sure all the RAM sticks are in properly? If they are one or more may be a little faulty and when the program fails to access the RAM it closes. Have you checked the event viewer? Click the Windows button and type Event Viewer in the search bar you should see it, click it and go to 'Windows Logs' and have a look through them to see if any errors are there, if you do it just after a crash, if its there, it will be easy to find.

If that confirms a RAM issue then it will be a case of finding out which stick(s) are causing the issue and replacing them.

Ofcourse this is dependant on my guess being right and it being a RAM issue :D

Last edited:

Simo

Bronze Level Poster
Ok I've tried a windows repair doesn't seem to have helped.
I ran just cause 2 for 5 mins or so (this one normally crashes the quickest) and seemed ok so tried bfbc2, never got in to the map and crashed.
Looked at event log (thanks sweeney) and checked the system part

this was error

"The following fatal alert was generated: 10. The internal error state is 10."

and a warning

"Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

not a clue what it means.

Do you think a full reformat and fresh install of win7 would fix it?
Really hate using phone my hearing ain't so good but if I have to then I have to

Simo

Bronze Level Poster
tried bfbc2 again and crash at map loading error again was "The following fatal alert was generated: 10. The internal error state is 10." but no warning.
Something new though recieved a desktop mangement box saying not enough resourses to run aero.
aero.jpg

Sleinous

Author Level
Ye although nvid drivers crashing points to VRAM too possibly. Id love to play bfbc2 with you when this is all sorted btw :p

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I would say this is realted to the graphics card in some way, maybe the drivers or GPU RAM or the card itself.

Gorman

Author Level
tried bfbc2 again and crash at map loading error again was "The following fatal alert was generated: 10. The internal error state is 10." but no warning.
Something new though recieved a desktop mangement box saying not enough resourses to run aero.
aero.jpg

I get this box on some games, and i have no idea why. I do know that it causes rage when it minimises the game to show me it. I was thinking it was due to me filling up %systemdrive%

Meds

We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your PC.

Please could you click the start menu, type "memory" into the search box and then run Windows Memory Diagnostic. Once the test has completed, please reply back with the results.

Simo

Bronze Level Poster
I ran the memory test but nothing showed up I just saw a bubble message by the clock saying no problems detected.

Meds

Hmmmmm.... The error code/messages you are getting don't really point to a specific fault which is annoying.

At this stage the decision is yours;

1) Reinstall OS, drivers, games etc
2) Call Tech Support to look into hardware fault

It might also be worth performing a system restore back to a date when you knew the PC was working perfectly.

Simo

Bronze Level Poster
Just had a bsod while trying to play starcraft 2.
I'm going to try a format and reinstall everything again.
If I get no joy then I'll give you guys a ring.

Simo

Bronze Level Poster
Reinstall of win 7 didn't help.
I did a windows update and while it updated some files a lot failed to install.
As a last resort I downloaded memtest86+ ver 4
The program told me to run 2 instances at the same time allocating 2047 ram on each,
as soon as I clicked start errors appeared.
Clicked ok then it contiued to throw up errors, I couldn't stop the test as the error pop up was to fast for me. Had to task manager end them.
Is memtest reliable?

quick picture

memtest.jpg

Last edited:

steveuk87

Super Star
haha i never trust programs that give errors so easily tbh, they want you to buy their product to fix errors etc etc!!

Steve

Simo

Bronze Level Poster
well I ran it on my other computer for 2 hours and no errors. A lot forums recommend using it.

Meds

Hi Simo,

Ok, looks likely that the RAM is faulty. We can arrange for replacements to be sent if you are happy to fit it?

Gorman

Author Level
haha i never trust programs that give errors so easily tbh, they want you to buy their product to fix errors etc etc!!

Steve

Memtest is pretty much the standard old daddy of memory tests. Ive been using it for as long as i can remember.