Driver_IRQ_Less_Or_Equal_To

mcyates

Bronze Level Poster
Just had this blue screen of death!! Computer was working fine, then suddenly froze then the blue screen cam up with the above error on it!! The computer has already froze 3 times previous to this but without a BSOD!!

My last Windows 7 laptop (Sony Vaio) was very stable and didn't crash once!!

Gorman

Author Level
Just had this blue screen of death!! Computer was working fine, then suddenly froze then the blue screen cam up with the above error on it!! The computer has already froze 3 times previous to this but without a BSOD!!

Driver_irq BSOD is more often than not ram. Call us.

My last Windows 7 laptop (Sony Vaio) was very stable and didn't crash once!!

My last Sony Vaio and 2 others i have since been given were incredibly stable. Until the mainboards burnt out after about 18 months.

That reminds me, anyone want to buy a Vaio screen?

Sleinous

Author Level

My last Sony Vaio and 2 others i have since been given were incredibly stable. Until the mainboards burnt out after about 18 months.

No but i'll have an Nvidia Geforce 8400M GT presoldered onto a VGN-NR21Z mainboard? :p Oh wait, im filing small claims on that one arent I. Woops.

mcyates

Bronze Level Poster

Thanks i'll do a memory test with http://www.memtest86.com/

Will reply when I have done the test.

Thanks for the reply :D

mcyates

Bronze Level Poster
  1. Tested Ram that past with no errors
  2. Tested HD that was fine

I've rolled back all drivers I updaded a few days ago via DriverDetective which I think may have been the problem. I'll see how stable the laptop is the next few days. It crashed last night, left it on overnight playing and internet radio station on Winamp, just locked up with the sound in a 1/2 second loop. Had to keep the power button pressed in to turn off and recover it, I have a dump file but don't know how to read it

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
IRQ_Less_Or_Equal_To is usually RAM
Driver_IRQ_Less_Or_Equal_To is usually Graphics.

Please check no new graphics drivers have been installed by Windows update, and/or install the latest drives downloaded from the Nvidia website.

Sleinous

Author Level
  1. Tested Ram that past with no errors
  2. Tested HD that was fine

I've rolled back all drivers I updaded a few days ago via DriverDetective which I think may have been the problem. I'll see how stable the laptop is the next few days. It crashed last night, left it on overnight playing and internet radio station on Winamp, just locked up with the sound in a 1/2 second loop. Had to keep the power button pressed in to turn off and recover it, I have a dump file but don't know how to read it

Never use driver detective, its a complete scam. Use driver sweeper to clean out the old display drivers, then go on nvidia/ati/intel for the relevant driver for your display chip

mcyates

Bronze Level Poster
Never use driver detective, its a complete scam. Use driver sweeper to clean out the old display drivers, then go on nvidia/ati/intel for the relevant driver for your display chip

I did do that but the laptop continues to suddenly freeze with no warning or anything. I've now completet a clean install of windows 7 64bit and i'm going to see how it runs for the next week. I dunno what else to do it it crashes again!

Sleinous

Author Level
Ye a fresh install would be best way. Otherwise, phone up tech support on 0844 499 4000 and theyll run you through a few things you could try :)

Last edited:

mcyates

Bronze Level Poster
Ye a fresh install would be best way. Otherwise, phone up tech support on 0844 499 4000 and theyll run you through a few things you could try :)

Damn!! Just crashed, it crashed when it resumed from sleep. Pressed the power button to wake it up then it froze about 5 seconds from when the screen came on. Getting annoying! Hopefully its something simple though. Are there any log files I can look at or any programs which log stuff up until a crash happens?

mcyates

Bronze Level Poster
It crashed again from being woken up from sleep. Maybe its sick of me haha.

I'm thinking it might be the fingerprint suite so i've disabled that. I will get to the end of this lol, its a good job I enjoy troubleshooting!

mcyates

Bronze Level Poster
Just another update.

Crashed on the monday after uninstalling the drivers. But checked the device manager and it was still their, so I disabled it and the laptop has been fine ever since, I don't really need the fingerprint protection tbh, what if I lost my hands!

Gishank

Bright Spark
To be honest with you unless you have access to the BitLocker feature on Windows 7 to encrypt your HDD then finger print recognition is a pointless novelty. It's good that you have sourced the problem though. =]

Gorman

Author Level
Its good the fault has been found, but a fault is a fault. Please dont live with this and give us a shout to get it fixed.

mcyates

Bronze Level Poster
It crashed again. I'll give it another week of me trying to fix it then i'll give you a ring. I'm off work till the 26th then go back but need the laptop at the moment attatched is a pic of the errors.

This time it crashed when the screen went off, last night I was downloading (so i thought) the screen is set to dim after 10 min and then turn off after 15 I have disabled sleep mode so pressing any key should instantly turn the screen back on, left the computer on over night and this morning it wouldn't respond! The keys were not doing anything pressed the caps lock to see if the light came on and nothing happened. I then left it on, took the dog for a walk and the same thing happened. It froze on the 10th, 11th, 12th and twice on the 16th (well thats when this kernel power critical error reports it (it must report it when I turn it off and then back on after the crash)).

When it crashed my 2TB hard drive was plugged in, its never crashed with the hard drive disconnected so maybe thats related somehow!

errorcw.png

mcyates

Bronze Level Poster
Another update, just incase someone else is having the same problem. It is my external USB hard drive that is causing the laptop to crash, I plugged it in twice today and it froze the laptop up both times. From 20seconds to 1min it took to freeze. I don't know why its freezing, It is a WD 2TB hard drive with its own power supply. I wonder if its got anything to do with the USB 3.0 driver I installed?

Sleinous

Author Level
Shouldnt do, I had to install the NEC controller on my PC as it wasnt on by default, but, might be best to use 2.0 on a 2.0 drive, you wont get any boost on 3.0 anyways.