Star Wars Old Republic BETA

Gishank

Bright Spark
Hopefully I get selected. Really need some reassurance that my pre-order of the collectors edition is not in vain. Couldn't find how many users they intend to 'let in' though.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
In two minds about whether I want to faff with the BETA, or just wait til release (the answer of course is I WANT IN, but trying to remain philosophical) :D

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
See i got given false info by the guy in game, he said if I managed to register the code on the website that I was guaranteed a place in the BETA, however it doesnt seem that way. At worst I just get a refund I guess. Bit rubbish really

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I dont think anyone can "guarantee" a BETA invite unless its from Bioware themselves...surely?

Yeah I know, but what I mean is bioware are the ones giving out the preorder codes, therefore people selling them should have the correct info that actually the code just gives you a chance of getting in the beta and the code isnt actually a guarantee.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Ah yes, sorry, agreed :) Any BETAs I have ever done always seem to be a complete surprise to me, so never get bothered if not entered. I imagine like any MMO though, the BETA will widen as we get closer to release, so may get a chance later on?

Dayve

From reading the SWTOR forums I can tell you some things. BETA invites are 100% random. Having pre-ordered the game, no matter the version, gives you no more chance of getting an invite than someone who hasn't even pre-ordered. All who get an invite can play for the weekend and that's it, they won't get another invite. They're going to try to get as many people as possible in out of the 1.5m who signed up for the BETA. Also the date you registered on the forum or to try the BETA gives you no more chance of an invite than someone who signed up 1 minute before the invites started being sent.

As for release date the general feeling seems to be late September - mid October.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Ahh the preorder thing wasnt access to the beta lol, just got the box out now im bck from work, turns out its just a month early access to the game.

The month early access is on a first come first serve basis

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
It's not a 'month early access'. No information on how long has been released.

Pretty sure it is, from something I read on a poster in Game a while back. Also it comes with a 30 day subscription to the game , but yeah that doesnt say much. So not really sure.

Tbh its not my type of game lol, just like the fact I have early access and game will refund my £5 preorder anytime before release date lol

Dayve

It's not a month early access. Everybody who pre-orders gets early access. The Collectors edition people may get 1 week, the other two versions may get 3-5 days. The earlier you preorder, the more you will get, but it's nowhere near a month, not even close, and if you preorder really late, say a week before game comes out, you may only get one day early access, or maybe only a few hours.

Gishank

Bright Spark
Everyone whom has previously registered for the beta got access. Unfortunately though the game doesn't like me very much and is freezing every 10 seconds (for a good while) occassionally causing my PC to lockup in entirety or my graphics card drivers to crash. Very disappointing. :(