wireless issues

riche606

just bought a computer from PC Specalist, i bought the wireless card with it but im having an issues with it, my computer finds the signal from my home router ( signal at 5 bars) but the internet is really slow sometimes it takes 2 or 3 mins to open up a page, im not having any issues with my laptop and ive tried resetting my router. Anyone got any ideas

ive got a belkin router

Gorman

Author Level
Which browser are you using? ensure its not set to automatically detect proxies if its IE

Sleinous

Author Level
This is gonna sound stupid but, have you screwed in teh 2x antenna that come with it? I tried it without em just now and I managed to reproduce very slow loading times lol.

Sleinous

Author Level
Hehe, ok try this.

Start > Run

Type this:

Code:
ipconfig /flushdns

Solved my problem when I had certain pages not opening first time, may solve yours.

Sleinous

Author Level
What about, making sure the card is using 802.11g or b and not n, if your wireless access point/hub doesnt have n on it, I think most cards change automatically but who knows?

riche606

What about, making sure the card is using 802.11g or b and not n, if your wireless access point/hub doesnt have n on it, I think most cards change automatically but who knows?

tried and failed i really dont no what the hells wrong with it grrrrrr

Gorman

Author Level
great wasnt wanting to do that but nevermind

We have a callcentre full of techies who will be able to diagnose the problem much more effectively by getting a remote desktop session running. The forums never have or will be intended as an official line of support. Its ok for the odd issue thats an easy win but not much more.

5 minutes on the phone and with remote desktop > 500 posts.

riche606

We have a callcentre full of techies who will be able to diagnose the problem much more effectively by getting a remote desktop session running. The forums never have or will be intended as an official line of support. Its ok for the odd issue thats an easy win but not much more.

5 minutes on the phone and with remote desktop > 500 posts.

sorry didnt mean that to sound offensive i was just hoping that it was a small silly problem

Sleinous

Author Level
Doesnt seem that way im afraid :( Whats weird is the pages do eventually open which is why im leaning more towards a little hardware fault in the card (hopefully) and not somewhere else.

Have you tried plugging the pc directly into your router via ethernet?