Any Blender 3d users??

Nemesis

It's all in the title, would post up some of my work but i'm inbetween computers. when i get my new computer from PCS up and running (haven't ordered yet) i'll post something up. just interested to see if there are any fellow blenderheads here at pcs.:p

*by the way anyone interested in 3d creation but not the prices that come with most packages should seriously consider having a look http://www.blender.org/ it really is quite good imho.

Last edited:

LDUK

Master Poster
It's all in the title, would post up some of my work but i'm inbetween computers. when i get my new computer from PCS up and running (haven't ordered yet) i'll post something up. just interested to see if there are any fellow blenderheads here at pcs.:p

*by the way anyone interested in 3d creation but not the prices that come with most packages should seriously consider having a look http://www.blender.org/ it really is quite good imho.

As you use it, do you have any examples?

Nemesis

Well i don't want to put u off by giving u any examples by myself but these are some good examples of what it is capable of
Big Buck Bunny, Elephant's Dream and upcoming Sintel (Trailer), also Gallery. Not bad imo for a free program also its going through a major overhaul, to add features, fix bugs and all that. Personally looking forward to the release. It's pretty feature packed with sculpting, modelling, animating, rendering and a game engine all included in one program.

to LDUK : as soon as I get my new PC up and running I will post some pf my artwork...
to Gorman : yep that pretty much sums it up though as I mention above it has some quite competitive features in an all-in-one package...

Last edited:

Nemesis

Awwwww come on guys wheres the Blender lurve

Let the big orange logo embrace you
blender_logo.jpg

Not my image btw

hehe didnt notice how weird and slightly pervy that sounded while i was writing it

Last edited:

Frank

Bronze Level Poster
I've heard alot about this program, what's its usp (apart from being free!) that sets it apart from other modelling proggies?

Nice bevelling on logo btw!

rgds

F

misterdave

Enthusiast
I'm a user and an addict.

I've mainly used blender for mapping and modelling terrain and some low poly objects for the trackside, all for a project I'm working on for the rFactor scene. Though most of the work I've done and do usually is with BTB and Sketchup.

Its a really great and powerful tool and at £0 its well worth it.

Nemesis

hah good to hear someone uses...

Errm Ups ... Well. (feel free to suggest any I miss misterdave)

Firstly : Its not just a modelling program but a full fat 3d all in one workshop!! as I go on about in above posts..

Secondly : Its in constant development and Great new features are being added daily.

Thirdly : This really ties in with the second one is that a new Release is on its way called blender 2.5 and is a massive overhaul of the program making It run faster and adding in the new features I was on about.

Errrm well I could go on for ages but the best way to find out what it is like is to try it.
The last stable release is blender 2.49 and is about 8mb large and can run out of one folder that you can place anywhere.
This kinda goes for most 3d apps but blender does have a fairly steep learning curve and may seem a bit intimidating but there is a fair amount of material, Will add
links later, and a great user community with lots of helpful, friendly users (A bit like PCS forums).

PS. Not actually my image, just one I found on the Intaweb.

Al.Neri

Super Star
I had a dabble with 3DS max once when I downloaded a trial verson a few years ago, and I found it totally addicting using it. shame I couldn't afford the full version though, it was like £1k for a single licence. I might look at getting this when I get my new computer.

those examples posted though, they were clearly made by professionals, or people who hava had a LOT of experience in 3D modelling.

I bet they took ages to make as well.

Last edited:

Frank

Bronze Level Poster
rFactor oh whats that, it rings bells.

isnt it some driving sim?

(its 3 am too drunk to google)

rgds

f

night

i did start to use it but my comp was struggling with it abit, but then by the end it was struggling with everything. will try it again. found it similar to xsi.

Nemesis

I think ive heard that 2.5 is trying to nab maya users by being more user friendly to those who swap but i've never used maya so..?
Nice to see another post after so long : )

BTW which version are you using atm, 2.5 i guess, if not its worth upgrading. No point in learning 2.49 just to move on to 2.6
(which is what they are calling the finished version of 2.5)
oh and are you running an ATI graphics card?

Skinner

Bronze Level Poster
Alright chaps! I use Blender, really looking forward to doing some work in it on my new machine that I'm getting next week from PCS. Here's a fairly recent pic I created on my old PCS quad core pc.

attachment.php

Skinner

Bronze Level Poster
Here's a character concept I did. Modelled and sculpted in Zbrush and Blender.

Attachments

• dr_who_concept_art_1.jpg
    dr_who_concept_art_1.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 250

Nemesis

brilliant cant say i know enough about dr who to understand your inspiration but it looks good and thats all that matters

had a look at your website.. looks good and i understand better what your up to XD.. very nice

Last edited:

Skinner

Bronze Level Poster
Hi Nemesis and thanks for the comments! Yeah I guess Dr Who has that many different styles that you can just blag it...

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Dont get me started on blender lol, although there is potential for a really good bit of software, it fails miserably, mainly due to the UI. The UI in the latest vesrion isn't as bad but still shocking. Ive used blender quite a bit in the past for uni work but to be honest ill always be a 3Ds Max person myself. Here is my animation coursework I did. (Well this is just a static version of it obviously)

finishedrender5.jpg

Nemesis

Have you tried the latest version of blender (Blender 2.5/2.5) The UI has had a major overhaul and loads of new features have been added. :D