IPhone 4s

UndeadJack

Master Poster
Same iphone 4 just a better camera and proc and antenna. Wow... £499 too! Cheapest iPhone ever!

Last edited:

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
iPhone 5 wont be out rill atleast mid next year. Iphone 4 is a glorified iPhone 4 with all the stuff that makes people go "oh i have to have it" but are completely pointless. Upgraded resolution, great it has more pixels than the iPhone 4 that has such a high resolution its impossible for the naked eye to see the pixels. The stuff ojn screen will appear the same size so resolution change makes no difference. Extra speed, oh great, it goes faster than my current iPhone 4 which goes faster than I need a phone to go anyway.

Just a pointless upgrade to the iPhone 4, id advise anyone whos looking to buying one to save your money and get the standard 4.

calduf

Silver Level Poster
Okay, I've got the iPhone 4 also, and is what I'm using to type this lol! And ye it is an awesome phone :)

Gorman

Author Level
Yeah but you dont get Siri with a standard 4.

Applefan: "Siri id like to set a reminder to pick up some flowers for my wife on the way home"
Siri: CALLING. PLUMBER.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster

Applefan: "Siri id like to set a reminder to pick up some flowers for my wife on the way home"

Lol to be fair to siri actually its very good, atleast it was when it was a stand alone app, unfortunately you cant get it anymore which sucks, thats sicne appl decided to buy them out.

Mattyp

Enthusiast
The Iphone 4s is actually a test by Apple to see how little they need to improve a phone for them to still sell loads.

Gorman

Author Level
Im talking about apple, fair just isnt going to happen!

Yeah some voice recognition stuff is good, but its hardly a must have feature. Was thinking there might be more although the ios5 i have used is all i care about really already owning a 4, much needed toys in there.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Im talking about apple, fair just isnt going to happen!

Yeah some voice recognition stuff is good, but its hardly a must have feature. Was thinking there might be more although the ios5 i have used is all i care about really already owning a 4, much needed toys in there.

I agree that having siri isnt an essential, however neither is the compass, the gyro, the touch screen, camera, apps lol, infact if I remember rightly, these things used to make phonecalls.

Anyway Siri before it was bought out by apple was a great app, the fact apple include it in their product doesnt make Siri any less of a good product.

Gorman

Author Level
Its not even a very desirable feature is the point i was after, the other stuff you mention at least has a oh cool factor, voice recognition is meh.

I didnt suggest that apple using siri made it bad, i actually said some voice recognition stuff works well.

I should make "Could get into a fight in a phone box" a new user title.... :p

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Not always so much for IPhones :p
It seems my enter key has died lol, anyway thats just stupid newspapers and their comments about apple as standard. The iPhone 4 I have has no more problems with reception that any other smart phone ive used. And no I dont have a cover on it.

Gorman

Author Level
My 3gs loved to drop the odd call, the 4 doesnt, but i can get clumps of texts etc when showing full signal the whole time and have had reports of it being off to callers when its on and in signal.

Nothing that hasnt been around on every mobile ive owned though. Apart from my BT Cellnet jobby, damn that thing owned.

btcellnetphone-38910-38911.jpg

UndeadJack

Master Poster
iPhone 5 wont be out rill atleast mid next year. Iphone 4 is a glorified iPhone 4 with all the stuff that makes people go "oh i have to have it" but are completely pointless. Upgraded resolution, great it has more pixels than the iPhone 4 that has such a high resolution its impossible for the naked eye to see the pixels. The stuff ojn screen will appear the same size so resolution change makes no difference. Extra speed, oh great, it goes faster than my current iPhone 4 which goes faster than I need a phone to go anyway.

Just a pointless upgrade to the iPhone 4, id advise anyone whos looking to buying one to save your money and get the standard 4.
Still 960x640 isn't it? I want the new proc as all single core phones I have used are slow :/ (inc the ip4)

I watched the iPhone 4 Keynote, the Siri demonstration was flawless and was HILLARIOUS

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Still 960x640 isn't it? I want the new proc as all single core phones I have used are slow :/ (inc the ip4)

I watched the iPhone 4 Keynote, the Siri demonstration was flawless and was HILLARIOUS

My iPhone 4 is very fast, never had any slow down on it and use it everyday.

The siri demonstration will have specifically chosen some of the better phrases and the person wikll have practised saying them many times to make sure it went as flawlessley as possible. The apps arent quite that good normally.

Gorman

Author Level
Well after talking to o2 and having a good ole think my Iphone 4 is going back (only a week old upgrade) and i will be getting a 4s on launch.

It will be around 2 years before i get a new handset so i might as well get the latest, out of date after a week, pfft.

And yes i did know all about the impending release and disregarded it thinking it would be a 5 or at least an external redesign, i like the way the 4 looks / feels though and would be quite happy with the internal upgrades.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Well after talking to o2 and having a good ole think my Iphone 4 is going back (only a week old upgrade) and i will be getting a 4s on launch.

It will be around 2 years before i get a new handset so i might as well get the latest, out of date after a week, pfft.

And yes i did know all about the impending release and disregarded it thinking it would be a 5 or at least an external redesign, i like the way the 4 looks / feels though and would be quite happy with the internal upgrades.

I can see why people would go for it on a 2 year contract, it makes sense to be honest. But I have a friend determined to buyn it on pay as you go as soon as its available lol. I just laughed at him.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
ha, yeah, screw that. $500? which will most likely translate as a straight £500.

Id be surprised if it wasnt more than that, i remember when I got my 4 on contract over a year ago if id bought that on pay as you go that would have been nearly 600 i think

Darko

Siri ? i bet only the US/UK people can use it. if i try to speak siri wont recognize what i say because i am not british, that is happening with the voice control now on iphone 3gs