back to stock settings after RMA

Darko

i just got back my pc and as i can see is on stock settings. i7-950 3.07ghz instead of 3.8ghz.

Also 6GB KINGSTON HYPER-X TRI-DDR3 1600MHz, INTEL X.M.P (3 x 2GB KIT) and i can see only 4gb ram.

Seems that there are no settings/profiles in the bios, i dont know whats goin on with the ram issue.

Is there any solution ? or at least can anyone tell me how to find my desktop's overclocking settings? i remember i found them once on the page but i dont remember where exactly.

Thanks in advance :)

Fear

Prolific Poster
If you log into your account on the main website i think you should find the settings for your OC on there, have you checked inside the case to see if you have 3 sticks of ram ?

Darko

yep im logged in but there are nowhere!
yep i checked the case and i reset the rams as well and same thing 4gb instead of 6.

Fear

Prolific Poster
yep im logged in but there are nowhere!
yep i checked the case and i reset the rams as well and same thing 4gb instead of 6.

Are you using 32bit windows, if not then maybe you have a faulty stick of ram or a faulty slot on the motherboard you would need to try them 1 at a time on the different slots to rule this out.

Darko

okay, can anyone tell me where can i find the ocd settings in the page? because i cant find em

Fear

Prolific Poster
If you can't find them then you will need to do as Vanthus has posted above and get intouch with PCS and they will sort you out with the settings.

Fear

Prolific Poster
i found the profile in bios i selected it and still nothing

Have you actually tried running a program to see what your CPU is running at as your CPU may only boost to the OC speed when it needs to so you will need to run something like prime95 to stress it.

Darko

i will now. i changed the rams to B1,B2,C1 AND i can see 6ram. then i change it back to A1,B1,C1 and 4 gigs. strange

Darko

i moved it to B1,B1,C1 slots and im using dual channel now. is there any difference in triple channel ?

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
For triple channel operation you should install your 3 memory modules into the primary slots A1-B1-C1 (blue?)
as you say this is only showing 4GB you could have a faulty module or a faulty slot.
To test this try one module at a time in slot A1 if they all show 2GB then the modules & that slot are ok.
Now try one solitary module in slot B1 then slot C1.to test those slots are ok.
If all showing ok,you may need to update the bios,
The memory configurations will be shown in the motherboard manual.

Darko

i think i fixed it. i change the XMP to manual and overclocked to 3.8ghz. testings shows ok. now the ram is on dual channel 6gb. i use prime95 to see how it goes.

Darko

i run prime95 about a couple of hours, i was at my friend's house and when i came back i saw on the screen a box saying "ur computer recovered from unexptected shutdown". i opened results.txt and i see all tests passed from
[Fri Oct 07 14:22:47 2011] till
[Fri Oct 07 17:28:42 2011] on self test

i really dont know why it rebooted. i dont know even if it was from any updates or something