Gta 5

Spuff

Expert
Hands on experience at IGN:
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/04/08/hands-on-with-gta-5-on-pc-at-4k
and PC Gamer:
http://www.pcgamer.com/why-gta-5-pc-is-the-definitive-version-of-rockstars-epic/
and more screen shots.
rsggtavpcscreenshot047jpg-f55436.jpg

Graphic settings (they were testing at 4k so that RAM may not reflect those settings needs at lower resolutions):
gta%20PC%20settings_zpsvq2zescb.jpg

Last edited:

Spuff

Expert
Last edited:

Drunken Monkey

Author Level
Just a reminder of the gta 5 specs... seems well optimised

Minimum specifications:
◾OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2

(NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
◾Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
◾Memory: 4GB
◾Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, *11)
◾Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
◾HDD Space: 65GB
◾DVD Drive

Recommended specifications:
◾OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
◾Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
◾Memory: 8GB
◾Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB *Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
◾DVD Drive

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Just a reminder of the gta 5 specs... seems well optimised

Minimum specifications:
◾OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1, Windows Vista 64 Bit Service Pack 2

(NVIDIA video card recommended if running Vista OS)
◾Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs) / AMD Phenom 9850 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs) @ 2.5GHz
◾Memory: 4GB
◾Video Card: NVIDIA 9800 GT 1GB / AMD HD 4870 1GB (DX 10, 10.1, *11)
◾Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
◾DVD Drive

Recommended specifications:
◾OS: Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Windows 8 64 Bit, Windows 7 64 Bit Service Pack 1
◾Processor: Intel Core i5 3470 @ 3.2GHZ (4 CPUs) / AMD X8 FX-8350 @ 4GHZ (8 CPUs)
◾Memory: 8GB
◾Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 660 2GB / AMD HD7870 2GB *Sound Card: 100% DirectX 10 compatible
◾DVD Drive

That's a lot of CPU, that looks like it will be my bottleneck more than graphics. I'm set to 4.2GHz but on an older CPU with smaller cache

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
I would love to play GTA5 again. But since owning it on the xbox 360, I don't think I'll bother.....I think I would get bored playing it again.

Spuff

Expert
I would love to play GTA5 again...I don't think I'll bother.

I would have played the story again some time ago, but I held off expecting a PC version.
After the story my main thing was racing (did about 2000). After coming back to it on PS3 I've not done any more racing so as not to spoil my appetite. Over the past couple of months I've amassed 5.25 million from doing survivals, so I have a nice pot for the PC, and have resisted doing any other activity.
I've been anticipating the day that will be Tuesday for about 2 years. When it comes out I will be intravenously connected to the game.

Last edited:

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Ha! Had it preloading some of the evening...left PC on overnight. Went to work this morning and still have an hour or so left to do! MADNESS! :D

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
You got bad internet, think mine took about 5 hours, It is a beast though? I only just got fibre optic last year, trouble is you can download things so fast you really need unlimited data

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
I am on superfast, but still seemed to only be DLing at 1.5ish a second. Do wonder why it is quite so big (weren't previous examples of this to do with sound files and language packs etc?)

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Im getting about 2Mbps, and thats out in Farm Country, its a lot better than what i was getting but nothing compared to people at the end of my street. They are getting double that.

mcatlow

I downloaded this last night from 11pm, at 9-12 mb per second. It finished by morning but I don't know exactly when as I was asleep. The complete file is 64,489,373,806 bytes. When I was downloading the installer said it would be done in 1hr 50 minutes.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
I downloaded this last night from 11pm, at 9-12 mb per second. It finished by morning but I don't know exactly when as I was asleep. The complete file is 64,489,373,806 bytes. When I was downloading the installer said it would be done in 1hr 50 minutes.

In other terms that would be almost 80 switches for every person on the planet just to store the data for your game. Wow.

NilSatis

Bright Spark
Dayyyum. Time to start deleting things to leave a reasonable amount of space and get this puppy on there. That's a massive amount of data for a game.....Im sure it will be worth it....but not if I have to get rid of hello kitty and littlest pet shop. No...just no. :nono:

SlimCini

KC and the Sunshine BANNED
Clicking on it to run and get nothing. GTA5 splash screen opens then closes. Good start Rockstar...